C&C - Independant Server - how it all start [ARCHIEVE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
I can say now in 100%:

C&C server will be up!

I will not lie: I have no experience with servers what so ever. This is my first time. Any advice will be helpfull.

At the moment I got deal for 50p/slots/month and I wait for reply from provider.
I look for something cheaper but next offer I found is 1 pound/slot
Other server is in Germany but I like server to be in France or UK - better ping for NA
- if you have any idea please let me know

I like to start from 60 slots and see how things will go from there.

When?

DATE (at the moment): ?

1.When I will be sure that I found the best deal [ :smile: - not the best maybe but acceptable - 64slots/32pound/month - GTXgaming] - DONE!
- if anybody had issue with them let me know as soon as possible
2.When I cancel my SkySports deal (this is how determinate I am :roll:) - cancelled with end of Jannuary - DONE!
3.(NEW)When I be back from Holiday - My first idea was to start with beginning of new month(February) but I would like to monitor at least first month of server workng and for most of February I will be away without acces to proper computer ( and with other things in my head)
4.When v35 will come out from beta stage? (I am not sure about it)

Why ?

Oh..boy..I know I was raging recently about few things...sorry about it :oops: It will be probably hard to believe but I was never anti-RCC. I was just different.
I see that PW MOD game can be organise in different way. I tried to convince RCC to my way but it was silly from my side. I do not like to create competition to RCC server. I want to create alternative to it. I believe that both servers can coexist and make PW MOD community bigger.

What is (will be) C&C ?

Finall result of one year of arguments, discussions, ideas and threads I post in this forum to eventually destroy/lock them all. I like to thank all of you who argue with me or support me during that time. It was extremely helpfull.

C&C stand for Cross & Crescent as some of you know and is general idea of my map which one day will be ready (maybe). This idea develop in to Black and White world in which "good" guys will stand against "bad" guys in endless struggle.

C&C will help "good" guys to organise persistant world with its own rules from one side and make life very difficult for "bad" guys.

Details:

- RPMasters (new) - creative RP players who will have task of organising game and defend regular players from what is called "randomers". They will have access to "admin cheat" which help them to arm them selves and recruit soldiers. They will have to deal with "randomers"bandits in game as there will be no "ban" option.
[there could be "kick" option for abusive,racist comments as well as spaming OOC chat but I still think about]
[new] - I do not think anymore about kicking people. There is option of mute player. Is it not. NO KICKS NO BANS! If you can not hold your tong we will MUTE YOU! :twisted:
I will look to abusive language issue when/if we will have that issue...
...more abour RPM in [C&C] RPM - roleplay masters - (wall of text with bad grammar!)
- regular players - can go "random" or RP way it is up to them. C&C is for players to use. I will no limit players invention or lack of it. If they will like to play PWMOD deathmatch - so be it.

- money - dippend how things evolve starting money will be decreased - to give bust to admins, or increased - to give boost to players if admins will become to powerfull.

- MAP - I will use Shadow of the World Tree as in my opinion it suit this system of play.

I do expect that Persistant Faction/Guilds/Societies will take control over no rules server. I believe they will do it effectively.

This will be it for know. The reason why I create thread allready is to listen to you people. I am interested in any constructive opinion/suggestion/warning which will help me make play on this server as enjoyable as possible.

This server is dedicated to players. What players will do with it is up to players.

NOVICIUS said:
Details:

- Admins - creative RP players who will have task of organising game and defend regular players from what is called "randomers". They will have access to "admin cheat" which help them to arm them selves and recruit soldiers. They will have to deal with "randomers" in game as there will be no "ban" option.
[there could be "kick" option for abusive,racist comments as well as spaming OOC chat but I still think about]

- regular players - can go "random" or RP way it is up to them. C&C is for players to use. I will no limit players invention or lack of it. If they will like to play PWMOD deathmatch - so be it.

- money - dippend how things evolve starting money will be decreased - to give bust to admins, or increased - to give boost to players if admins will become to powerfull.

- MAP - I will use Shadow of the World Tree as in my opinion it suit this system of play.

I do expect that Persistant Faction/Guilds/Societies will take control over no rules server. I believe they will do it effectively.

This will be it for know. The reason why I create thread allready is to listen to you people. I am interested in any constructive opinion/suggestion/warning which will help me make play on this server as enjoyable as possible.

This server is dedicated to players. What players will do with it is up to players.

Ooh... Laszlo seal of approval.

Also, I'll attempt to reply to my PM's tomorrow, I know you've sent me a few NOVICIUS, and a few others as well, I'll get to them eventually :smile:

then make sure there are no spawn-killable areas (except for afk i guess? as anyoone can beat someone to death with their fists given enough time) - i recomend doingthis by spawning INSIDE a house prop or cave - you can get out of them but not into them.

This why I choose your map Leroy. You have nice covered spawn. As admin [edit: RPMaster] with money (yes, you get payed in game to be admin) it is your duty to go to spawn area and make sure that new coming players are save... :wink:
If you do not want to spend all game there you pay to soldiers to do the job...

Just be careful who you give admin to. Also, one point that I know needs to be improved on RCC is the ban appeal process, so if you pay attention to who wants to be unbanned and who deserves to be unbanned you may have yourself a regular playerbase from those who aren't unbanned from RCC but are not bad people.

I am happy to say congrats on your own server NOV, I'll play there regularly, aslong as my computer allows it.  :grin:    Unfortunatly, my computer doesn't allows it often.    :sad:   

Suggestions:
1- Form a Forum clan that will keep spawn  clean from killing , and monitor them so they wont abuse their power .
2- Write a Law system as an Ethics system that "should" be followed , as an example if you kill a hourse  you will be hit by  a peasent , or if you steal you will be thrown with food at town square, if you kill you will be hunted as an outlaw ( its not  laws that you have to inforce just as a system that will help players to RP )
3- Remove Global chat (i know it sounds hard) but it will make the RP optimal .
4- i do not have any xp in programing , but i  think you might be able to remove the ability to kill at spwan using the code of the native game when you go to tavern and cant kill there .

i hope it was helpfull , and sorry for the grammer/writing mistakes english is not my first language .

With hope to a better RP
Ulrich The Axe (yeah me the naked crazy warior)

Warbander1987 said:
Suggestions:
1- Form a Forum clan that will keep spawn  clean from killing , and monitor them so they wont abuse their power .
2- Write a Law system as an Ethics system that "should" be followed , as an example if you kill a hourse  you will be hit by  a peasent , or if you steal you will be thrown with food at town square, if you kill you will be hunted as an outlaw ( its not  laws that you have to inforce just as a system that will help players to RP )
3- Remove Global chat (i know it sounds hard) but it will make the RP optimal .
4- i do not have any xp in programing , but i  think you might be able to remove the ability to kill at spwan using the code of the native game when you go to tavern and cant kill there .

i hope it was helpfull , and sorry for the grammer/writing mistakes english is not my first language .

I am pretty sure #3 and 4 can only be done by Laszlo

think you should take the power of banning away from your new admins, only allow them to kick(if there is an option I'm not sure have a kick and a period where they can't rejoin the game for acouple of hours), since some bans on people are not deserved due to misinterpretations and some times admins are angry and make mistakes and people end up being banned. Also I think you put it in your main post, let the best RPers as admins people that know how the game is played not your friends or clan mates. Keep bans as a last resort, only for players that break rules multiple times and have been warned.

Have a very organized forum that's is needed, have you or other member so C&C check forums often and read through all post and always try to respond to people, and have major focus on the ban repeals thread.

(TWD)Tom said:
think you should take the power of banning away from your new admins, only allow them to kick(if there is an option I'm not sure have a kick and a period where they can't rejoin the game for acouple of hours), since some bans on people are not deserved due to misinterpretations and some times admins are angry and make mistakes and people end up being banned. Also I think you put it in your main post, let the best RPers as admins people that know how the game is played not your friends or clan mates. Keep bans as a last resort, only for players that break rules multiple times and have been warned.

Have a very organized forum that's is needed, have you or other member so C&C check forums often and read through all post and always try to respond to people, and have major focus on the ban repeals thread.

Read the first post... He talks about the admin role there already.

(TWD)Tom said:

for the record people only get banned on RCC after 3 kicks in 1 day im sure?

a seperate forum is needed though definatly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom