Is PW going to move to With Fire and sword?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I know With Fire and Sword isn't out yet of we don't even know when it will be realised. i just wanted to get the thoughts of the developers on moving it over? 

Its the new taleworld game coming out in upcoming months. Look it up on the taleworlds mainpage, its about eastern Europe in the 1600's I think but ti has the same game mechanics and gameplay.

(TWD)Tom said:
Its the new taleworld game coming out in upcoming months. Look it up on the taleworlds mainpage, its about eastern Europe in the 1600's I think but ti has the same game mechanics and gameplay.

From what I'm aware it isn't made by taleworlds, but by another team.
I haven't read much about it though, so I may be wrong.

I just made the assumption since its all over taleworlds homepage, I haven't really looked into who made it, but it just seems like mount and blade but in eastern Russia with real factions and a bit further on in time, still looks fun.

It looks like a bad mod for M&B, although it sadly is official. Also: doesn't it add magic or something?

I hope PW doesn't. I don't plan on buying "With Fire and Sword" and I feel like much of our community doesn't either. Besides, we'd have to re-make all the maps or hold out for some sort of community-made porting utility.

the guns dont one hit kill. there muskets and pistols, but swords and spears and what not is still in the game. i dont like the look of it either, but ill download the demo and try it. worth a shot

From what I read and heard its supposed to be more realistic then M&B Warband so if they add magic that would be stupid. I don't think it looks that bad it looks new and fun, yes it seems like someone could have made this as a mod if they spent a lot of time in it, but that's what I think it may somewhat be...... But I just was wondering because  think adding in the actual factions would help, since there is too many houses and factions and guilds being made. I can't keep track, I know the main is white lion and lancastrian knights but the others I am at a loss for who they sever and what color they are.

To be on topic I just felt that this might be fun to have guns and the other new features they brought to With fire and sword to PW mod.  :smile:

Phoenix234 said:
it has guns, 1 hit kill is bad in a rp game

Said the siege crossbow to the back of the knight's head. :smile:

No I agree, while the guns tend to be just a buffed crossbow, it just might not work. Some people think that the siege crossbow unbalances the mod as it is, and if we brought guns into it, instantly killing a group of people from a hidden position with a couple of assassins just isn't a great RP feature. (Expecting a Suspicious Pilgrim comment about how it would make the game better :razz:)

but it depends on how much damage the guns really do. More than siege crossbow? Most likely a bad element for PW.

Well who knows guns in that game may still be completely inaccurate, or just extremely expensive. Also I think a gun would help bandits RP better when robbing people not able to just ride away and know they can take and arrow or two. But you will get those randomers that will just attempt to snipe everyone that comes into view.

once again, guns are not one hit kills, that is if you wear good armor.  but guns are loud and take FOREVER to reload. so if you miss, i hope you have a backup plan. one knight could kill a group of gunmen

(TWD)Tom said:
LOL you know its already out right? Only in retail, AND ONLY IN LIKE 3 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE!!!

Draco Wrath said:
(TWD)Tom said:
LOL you know its already out right? Only in retail, AND ONLY IN LIKE 3 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE!!!

I'd say Wrath's revelation stakes this good  :mrgreen:

However it confundes me as to why they wouldn't get it on Steam; maybe Steam will charge and they don't know if sales would cover them?

Also: top right of our screens is now yelling about "With Fire and Sword expansion announced!" so if they pull a Warband kind of expansion (nicer looking, better-functioning, stand-alone with multiplayer) then maybe it'll find an audience.

(TWD)Tom said:
From what I read and heard its supposed to be more realistic then M&B Warband so if they add magic that would be stupid. I don't think it looks that bad it looks new and fun, yes it seems like someone could have made this as a mod if they spent a lot of time in it, but that's what I think it may somewhat be...... But I just was wondering because  think adding in the actual factions would help, since there is too many houses and factions and guilds being made. I can't keep track, I know the main is white lion and lancastrian knights but the others I am at a loss for who they sever and what color they are.

To be on topic I just felt that this might be fun to have guns and the other new features they brought to With fire and sword to PW mod.  :smile:

KING'S EDICT.    He got the White Lions right though.

Draco Wrath said:
(TWD)Tom said:

Buddy look on taleworlds it says coming soon don't know what you are talking about.

Splintert said:
everyone needs to take into consideration that BOTH side will be carrying guns, so it won't be unbalanced.

Agreed an like before what that other guy said that while guns are reloading it will be sooo easy to ride in there and cut them down.

it would be the coolest thing seeing line battles, upon which sabre wielding cavalry moves in and bayonettes are drawn, turns into a melee.

i can almost assure that 'randoming' would have to change with the advent of guns. or the guns would be EXTREMELY inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom