[M] The Deluge - general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Well thank you. :wink: I'm really interested in traditional archery (getting my own longbow in a few days) and I was always mad at those awfull bow models in M&B, so I made few new ones, along with arrows.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that pays attention to such details. :smile: Here's some more pics for those who enjoy good archery equipement:

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Well thank you. :wink: I'm really interested in traditional archery (getting my own longbow in a few days) and I was always mad at those awfull bow models in M&B, so I made few new ones, along with arrows.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person that pays attention to such details. :smile: Here's some more pics for those who enjoy good archery equipement:

:grin: First off that you so much for those pics and those bows are not little details (in my eyes) they are wonderful ...beautiful!
I feel a bit spoiled. Even the way the string lifts of the siyahs (or static recurves on eastern composite bows) is another amazing little detail, along with the wood grains, handle and string nocks of course!

(dont even get me started on the bow cases and arrow cases)

Anyhow i have a laminated mongol bow and a fiberglass korean bow (i shoot with a thumb ring), and 5 laminated wooden recurves. The kaya Korean bow that i have is fiberglass and was quite inexpensive compared to the other bows i have bought. it is a fantastic bow and resembles the bows in the mod closely (crimean tatar bows)...

i share your love for archery and you should definitely get a bow! but i recommend that Korean bow again... amazingly accurate and smooth.  :cool:

PS:
Have fun shooting your longbow! do check the korean bow maybe a bow you'd like to try in the future http://www.precisionarcherypro.com/product/309310

Hinkel84 said:
Is this the same mod, as for the new M&B expansion?
Cause its the same name.
It has already been discussed in this thread. No, it is not the the official expansion. The expansion is developed by ukrainian Sich Studios and russian Snowball Studios. This mod is made by players for players and is 100% free. It was developed since august 2006 using M&B beta v0.751.

okey this is confusing.
Does this mod and the game in the making now, any relation between them?(sry my english)
does this mod and the game have the same roots, if you understand?

Jenbu said:
okey this is confusing.
Does this mod and the game in the making now, any relation between them?(sry my english)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO :razz: seriously what makes you guys thinking that its related to the the Snowball company?
This is MOD forum

kuauik said:
what makes you guys thinking that its related to the the Snowball company?
1st - the title.
2nd - the 'WFaS expansion announced' line on the top of the forum.

I would recommand to add to the title of this thread some words like '(it's a mod, not an expansion)'.

New version looks great, now it's one of my favorite mod, but what about single player campaign it is canceled or still in progress ?

Jenbu said:
okey this is confusing.

Yes, there are - historical settings and the title. :razz: We have been using "With Fire and Sword" title since 2006. Guys form CD-Projekt (distributor of the game so far) knew that exactly. Even better - somewhere in 2009, few months before the first version of the game was annouced in Poland they contacted team members of WFaS mod and asked them about various things. They were especially interested when the mod will be ready. We thought that they're planning to release a special edition of Mount&Blade with additional CD containing biggest mods. Well, we were wrong. :wink: Few months later CD-Projekt annouced a game called "M&B: Ogniem i Mieczem" which means exactly "With Fire and Sword". The first version was just pure ****, buggy as hell and totally unplayable, but thanks to the catchy title and Winged Hussars theme they sold many copies in Poland. Two months ago they released second version with subtitle "Dzikie Pola" (Wild Fields) - less buggy, with some new graphics and using Warband engine. This is the game that soon will be sold worldwide.

Funny thing is that they cannot force us to change the mod name, no matter how hard they want us to. There's no way that they can trademark the "With Fire and Sword" title. :wink:

No. Mod is being made with passion, by players for players. Game was made by game developing studio, just for cash. :wink:

New version looks great, now it's one of my favorite mod, but what about single player campaign it is canceled or still in progress ?

Singleplayer is currently on hold, since main scripter doesn't have time for modding anymore. But it's not dead. All the new models we make for multi will be used also for singleplayer. We're currently just lacking (very) good scripter that will finish the script-work on the campaign.

Back
Top Bottom