My own kingdom - releasing property?

Users who are viewing this thread

+Raph+

Recruit
Hey folks,

Running a native game and have my own kingdom underway. In my greed for cash and assets I chose to claim each of the locations I conquered for myself, not realising that it is unassigned properties which aid in attracting foreign lords into my fledgling realm.

So - Is there any way to remove myself as owner of any of these properties and return it to unclaimed? ...The only thing I can think of is to empty castles of their garrison, allow the enemy to recapture it and then move back into once again take it over but choose, at that time, to leave it unassigned.

...Or is there a mod that anyone knows of which would do the same thing?

Cheers in advance.

There is no way to make them unassigned again, no. I'm fairly certain there isn't even a mod option anywhere to do this.
You can, however, give them away to vassals at will, however. So you aren't totally stuck with them. Not that this helps with having vacant land to attract new-comers...you'll just have to grab some new conquests for that.

Pick a companion that you don't want anymore.

Talk to your companion and offer them one of the properties as a fief.

Go to your minister and give all the properties you wanted to be unclaimed to your companion/vassal.

Now select indict vassal for treason and get rid of them.

All properties given will revert to unclaimed. This is the only way to do it that I know of other than what you said, emptying out the garrison and letting the enemy take it.

Another option is to use these properties as rewards for your vassals and when you take new lands in your next war leave those unclaimed.

Cheers for the replies lads, and many thanks for the scandalous thinking of indicting a lord!

I've since taken another castle and chose to leave this one unclaimed, but I might do your trick in order 'release' more property quickly.

...Leaving the locations undefended and allowing the enemy to retake it only means I need to go through the motions of recapturing it myself, which is costly in time running around the map to set up for it and costly in manpower.

Back
Top Bottom