Nuclear Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWNtLTE48nQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Dawn

New game coming soon.
Half FPS half semi RTS.

One player is the commander and give order to REAL player via a RTS like HUD.
While the other player play the game like an FPS.
Good concept..... don't know if it will be good though.

Though?

Bah, this concept was the one that battlezone II was build off. Great game, didn't have allot of players. apparently something about FPS players not wanting to have to think like a RTS and the subordinates using their own skill/maneuvers to both make bots useless.

I don't think it will work out, but if it was implemented really well... then maybe. 

Wow, more of the same. Great.

Source, again. Russians v. Americans, again. RTS/FPS hybrid, again. Assault, Engineer, Recon and Medic again.

The RTS/FPS thing rarely works out, it's always either one of two things. Either the commander is an idiot or everyone else is, the orders never get followed.

It worked okay in Natural Selection, but that was because the commander didn't really do much.

I think it is interesting, but I have spent quite a lot on games already, and will be spending more. Bf 3 and Skyrim, so I will pick this up only when the price drops dramatically.

So as it is a free weekend I assume at least some of you have played this. Thoughts?

So far what I read about this seems oh so true. With a good commander the game is great, but with a bad commander, its like wtf is this ****.

Played it for about 40 minutes, pretty good, but for some reason, I opened it before and Steam unlocked every achievement for the game...

I had to unlock everything  in game. Had one game where I was commander as well. Previous commanders sucked ass, didnt build ****. Or we didn`t even have commanders. So Tuckles said I should be a commander before some other noobs takes the spot. Well, it was my first time being commander but I think I did pretty good. Curbstomped the enemy. I imagine it was mostly because my team was so good that they captured all the points so fast, but previous commanders sucked anyway.

I enjoy it.

I'm not gonna spend money on it, though. Not 20$. Nor 10$. But it does a good job of combining the RTS FPS as opposed to the other games similar to this that I've played. The power relays and what-not made it interesting.

It's a lot more fun when both sides have really good commanders, then it's like an epic long battle with comebacks and stuff. If one team is unbalanced, though, it's not as fun.

Back
Top Bottom