Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Puritan said:
If this happens, hold ctrl + space, then click on the map to teleport past the bridge. I believe that cheats must be enabled to use this.
Ctrl+ click is enough.

Do hornmen give any bonus something like guys with banners?

Hi all,

Loaded this mod and thought I would give it a try. Decided to go down the trading route first, only problem is I can never find the dun/ caer I want to go too. Any suggestions??

Yeh tried that but doesn't give much detail, do you have a map? I have only just started playing so I guess it takes time to get used the names and such. Bloominheck some lords have names that a soooo.... long. :smile:

great mod I just discovered it it's amazing. how much right to rule do I need to create my own kingdom and recruit vassals?

you don't need any to start a kingdom. i've seen 50 recommended else where but i've started mine with less. to recruit vassals you need high renown and honor, as well as a good relationship with that lord. also you can promote one of your companions to be a lord.

Thanks Adorno.

I like this mod due to the setting, definately interesting. One little niggle is the facehugger style of fighting. I have a spear, he has a spear and he still wants to give me a kiss. We trade blows dealing 0 damage. Frustrating!!

Herald said:
Thanks Adorno.

I like this mod due to the setting, definately interesting. One little niggle is the facehugger style of fighting. I have a spear, he has a spear and he still wants to give me a kiss. We trade blows dealing 0 damage. Frustrating!!
When that happens (always :grin:), I whip out my sword or a short spear (120 in length). Or kick him in the face, back up and stab him.

Yes, that's a really sad part of the AI, especially since spears were so widely used because they're simple and effective - just not in Warband  :sad:
The AI should be able to place itself at a distance where the weapon is most efficient.

At the moment I am 2nd level and doing tournements to get some experience, nice and safe if a little slow going, so you don't get a second weapon, tried the kick but doesn't work too well, my timing is probably off. On a good note got to the last round on second level then got the spear vs spear and the AI got me. Hence the frustrating 0 damage thing.  :sad:

It would be good if you could use it like a staff in close quarters.

Oh well keep slogging it out.  :mrgreen:

Herald said:
It would be good if you could use it like a staff in close quarters.
The training spears can also swing, so put away the shield and when the enemy is 'kissing' you take a swing at him.
It doesn't do much damage but he stumbles back a bit and you might get a good thrust.

I used the item editor to increase the damage and speed of spears fairly significantly - while it doesn't solve this problem, it does at least make spears a viable weapon.

Spongly said:
I used the item editor to increase the damage and speed of spears fairly significantly - while it doesn't solve this problem, it does at least make spears a viable weapon.

It is a warband problem, but it is a problem wish too, because it is realism. In closed combat (shield with shield) spear, long sword etc are weapons whose effectiveness is reduced by 70-85%. The romans or saxons know it well, for that they have gladius and langseax, short and sharp weapons, terrible weapons.

Real problem on Warband, is that troops dont change of polearm to seax or sword when enemy is in close combat, and to polearm when enemy is a few more far. Caba'Drin did a script for it, dont run it well in your game?

no it doesn't, I have had gosgordds, dehorsed teulus, hearthwerus and the like trying to stab me with their long spears while i bash their head with my sword, though it has gotten better slightly, only happens every so often.

What advantages and disadvantages are there to picking one religion over another? do you get relation bonus with a faction of the same religion as you?

Christian and catholic have an advantage because most of the towns tolerate those religions. Pagan will offer more of a challenge. you get a slight boost with lords of the same religion. the biggest advantage is from the towns.

One really important advice :
If you are importing character from some other mod or native make sure to remove all of his cash .
It makes 10000 times more interesting game to start very poor :smile:

Back
Top Bottom