Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon said:
MIHAI said:
Faegrin said:
Nokrahs said:
thanks for the great news! can't wait to explore the "new old lands" again  :cool:

I think, we have to wait at least one year, or even two.

doubt it...

so basically there will be PoP 3.x for the reunification of peldor and PoP 4 for the expansion of the unified kingdom. so who will the player represent in PoP 4? the King?

The player represents the son/daughter of the King who united Pendor...  The initial player choices will represent how that unification took place.

The development cycle is months, not years.  Each cycle so far except for the first was roghly 5-7 months.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Thank for telling!!!!!!!!!!

saxon, sounds absolutey amazing! though looking closely at your 1st post it seems this wil be the last pendor to be released? is this true?

the reason i play m+b is soley because of pendor and have been a quiet follower since your 1st release. i hope you continue to work on this magnificent work of art, and wish you all th best in your new release, i will be following closely and usuallly quietly, awaiting this new release.

if pendor released as a official mod with m+b, i would so happily pay for it, in my opinion m+b native is NOTHING without your work, the story alone is worthy of a book i think.

take care

ultra

Well I think this might as well be the place to put this, so here goes:

This mod is amazing. I have used mods in my games ever since 1997 and this is definitely one of the best (and indirectly why I bought the game, but that's another story). It takes absolutely nothing out of the regular M&B gameplay and yet adds a LOT of stuff that makes the game feel more rewarding. I remember reading somewhere that PoP was considered "the ultimate M&B experience", and I'm pretty sure that's the truth. The story mixes in great with the game without diminishing from the original gameplay. So great job, and keep up the great work, I've spent more hours in less time on this game as a whole than any in my life, I'm pretty sure.

Now my question: I know, SD, that you've been committed to encouraging the player to make honorable decisions/act with distinction. With this in mind, I'm curious as to how factions will be working in 4.0. I'm not saying that it would be a bad thing for the player to ultimately fight for the Pendor/Noldor alliance, but I'm just curious how that's going to go down. (Granted, I don't know a LOT of the story and 3.2 is the only version I've played...but still)

Since you´re the son/daughter/relative of the ruler of Pendor sent out on a mission against the dreaded snake cult with a large invasion fleet across a vast ocean to wipe the evildoers out of existence implies that it´s you - with whatever allies you can acquire in a total hostile land - against opposing hordes of naughty people.

So the chances are as slim to play a villainous style in 4.0 as it was in 3.X, 2.5 or 1.21. Be happy that you´re a rightous person by default instead of craving for the bad one.

There is absolutely NO CHANCE that player will be able to play a villainous character, in fact.  Player's role continues as a good Paladin, not as a jerkish villain.

Don't hold your breath about an immediate release - this will take a few months and will probably conclude the Pendor saga.
After its release, the Dev Team will probably continue tinkering with it for awhile, so things may change a little, but basically the game will end here unless SD gives the Dev Team permission to keep it going and develop it further.

Hey quick question. Will you guys be adding any new textures or sounds to the game in 4.0?
I used some packs for diplomacy for the trees and foliage and it really makes a difference,along with the sounds and battlecrys.

Oh and I am glad you have decided to put this into play you have my thanks ahead of time.

You have heard all you are going to hear about what we are doing.  PLEASE don't ask us for a detailed list of what we are going to do with something still only in planning stages.  As we have said repeatedly in a number of posts, the Dev Team is not producing a mod which is a mishmash or compendium of other mods.  We prefer to remain entirely original.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
You have heard all you are going to hear about what we are doing.  PLEASE don't ask us for a detailed list of what we are going to do with something still only in planning stages.  As we have said repeatedly in a number of posts, the Dev Team is not producing a mod which is a mishmash or compendium of other mods.  We prefer to remain entirely original.

It may of sounded like I was saying use other mods,but my question was meant to state if you were adding your own. I am sorry that I am excited to hear about this and if you didn't want questions you should of left it in the dark until you were ready.

DETAILS! DETAILS! DETAILS!  :wink:

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
There is absolutely NO CHANCE that player will be able to play a villainous character, in fact.  Player's role continues as a good Paladin, not as a jerkish villain.

Don't hold your breath about an immediate release - this will take a few months and will probably conclude the Pendor saga.
After its release, the Dev Team will probably continue tinkering with it for awhile, so things may change a little, but basically the game will end here unless SD gives the Dev Team permission to keep it going and develop it further.

Conclude? NOOOOOOO! NO WAY!

DOES THIS MEAN WE GET TO VISIT THE JATU HOMELAND!?

ROAD TRIP EVERYONE! (or ship, or magical flying mushrooms since we have the noldor on our side, and you know, noldor fly on magical flying mushrooms and slide down double rainbows)  :grin:

Great news indeed!
Thumbs up for this decision, I believe it`ll be truly epic.

But please don`t stop there.
I really see future of PoP as a original/standalone game, it`s worth it.

Keep up the awesome job!
:wink:

soo with pop 4 i have to see this as a "new" mod?

if so will the "old" one version 3 will still be developed/improved?

and if i readed some things correctly the pop 2 version is "another mod" compaired to 3? as in story lines etc

getting a bit confuced but i realy enjoy this mod so thats why the question :p hope its not to confucing o_O

At moment, we are still working on PoP 3.2, as PoP 4 is still in a very, very early stage. The next update for PoP 3.2 should be within a few weeks and should have a lot of new textures revamps and such :wink:.. So don't worry as we're still not done with PoP 3 WB just yet...

As to whether or not we will continue to develop PoP 3 after PoP 4 is out, perhaps we may, perhaps we may not, it all depends on what we feel still needs fixing for PoP 3 WB, if we deem it necessary.

regards,

MP

No, he doesn´t.
Wether a patch is save-compatible or not depends on the kind of change undertaken. Since we don´t know yet which bug may be trodden on he can´t answer for sure.

noosers said:
No, he doesn´t.
Wether a patch is save-compatible or not depends on the kind of change undertaken. Since we don´t know yet which bug may be trodden on he can´t answer for sure.

Yep, Nooser hit the answer right oh the nail sort of a speak.. 

regards,

MP

Back
Top Bottom