Loot, Rape, Kill... rant

Users who are viewing this thread

rlilewis

Recruit
First off, love the mod.

However while playing my bandit character I noticed (to my displeasure) that the village raiding mechanics are the same as native. By that I mean:

A) When you have more than 25 troops in your party you don't get the option to slaughter the peasants
B) When burning the village you have no control of your party making you a sitting duck

I think in game menus there is a bit of code that handles (A) "loot and burn this village" which has a try begin or something that checks if you have 25 or more men if so then you just cut straight to burning the village. However if you have 25 or less then you get to maim, kill, burn the pathetic peasants and hear they screams of pain... HAHAHA  :twisted: Would it be possible to have an option to charge them regardless of the number of troops in your party?

Secondly why is it that when watching the village being burnt on the map you have no control over your party? If an enemy is burning a village and they see you approach they can flee and break off the raid but for some reason the player's party gets rooted to the ground until they have completely raided the village. Its just stupid because it completely neuters your hit and run ability and your main advantages of having a small mobile bandit force; ie speed and manouverability.

Is there any scope for adding these changes into the next build?

what a great pvp system. Even 1 vs 2-3. Two guys with same swords can fight absolutely different styles! Best game ever!

that's what i was thinking. Later i met nasty archers, who dont care about competition, just want more frags... And now peasant killers...
Devil's Offsprings

LOL  :lol: good answer dude! lmao
but rlilewis...I have confronted the same problem...I agree with you 100%...the mod DOES need some changes.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Your proposals are gruesome, and historically accurate.

Secondly why is it that when watching the village being burnt on the map you have no control over your party? If an enemy is burning a village and they see you approach they can flee and break off the raid but for some reason the player's party gets rooted to the ground until they have completely raided the village. Its just stupid because it completely neuters your hit and run ability and your main advantages of having a small mobile bandit force; ie speed and manouverability.

Is there any scope for adding these changes into the next build?

This point came up a while ago already and the answere is that the AI is not bright enough to defend a player's threat if you simply run off. Once you got rid of the enemy party you will go back to the village and continue your pillaging. Although this could be changed but right now you wouldn't even have to wait the whole time instead you would just sit out the remaining hours which are still needed to complete your raid.

This being said I ask where is the challenge in that? You start looting, run off and return and get rich. That's all?

Another one of my realism rants in 3...2...1

I think it's really screwed up that you can't run while looting. I could give  a **** less whether it offers the correct challenge or not! But realitically, if you were a bunch of raiders on light horses you could bug out very quick if you saw an army marching you way. So that's the way it should be dammit!

I like that you can't leave once you start looting, else there would be no more risk than riding trough enemy territory when your faster than the enemy. I find it fun to have to plan my raids and scout out the nearby castles to see if there are any lords in them. Many of the games mechanics are not realistic but are in there for the sake of either a challenge or for fun, because ts a game not real life. If it was always that you could flee from raiding villages I can see people complaining that it is too easy to get money

Once the AI is much more improved and bounty hunters will be sent to catch you, once the sheriff is able to hide inside the village and all those realistic things that Lords would have done became reality in game I'd be all up for a runaway option. It is not that I don't want to run away and just too often they caught me in the last moment and of course crushed my party. But you get about 4k denars for the loot.
It's simply for the big guys. Peasants and may be caravans are for bandits.

Those who claim that it's not relistic to not be able to move while raiding. Ever thought that raping(say a sheep) and runing at the same time is somewhat hard and not realy relistic either?

Just say, OTHR this mod SUX CUZ I KANT RAPE SHEEP AND RUN while doing it and the sheep bit my peepee!

That'd be at least somewhat funny.  You want realism get your friend or parent to stand over your shoulder and every time you take damage have them whack you over the head.  The pain will be 100% realistic!

I can just imagine if someone went for full realism...
your brother charging you on a horse and lancing you to the face comes to mind. Somehow managing to do this in the confines of the house

Sure, after I reduce your brain to a few thousand lines of code.

I won't do it, ever.  Sorry.

This is one of the things that has to remain as it is for balance  :roll:. The fact that npc's can do it doesnt matter, there are many things the player can do which the npc's cannot E.g a player can conquer an entire city within 6 ingame hours, for an npc it would take much more time  :arrow:.

othr said:
Sure, after I reduce your brain to a few thousand lines of code.

I won't do it, ever.  Sorry.

I think you can make it balanced and still realistic by making so that if you run away and then come back you have to start looting all over again.

Back
Top Bottom