Shouts

Users who are viewing this thread

What i see in module files there are maybe 3 warcrys
(for Russia)
Commander :  За бога и за страну (Za boga i za stranu)> For God and country
Win: они драпают (oni drapajut): They're running.
Charge: УРА (URRA): by my search from Mongolian Урагш (Uragsh): Forward

kuauik said:
why is the russian taunt "za stranu",there was no commies in that times :razz:
Za stranu mean for country, for party is "za partyju"

Rahn: learn something about Golden horde :wink:

France
Warcry:
-Vive l'empereur ! (long live emperor)
-Vive la France ! (long live France)

Others:
- Nous nous rendons (We surrender)
- Chargez ! (Charge)

The UK have this one I've never understood that's kind of hard to understand. It sounds like they're saying "For Arthram Woosey!" (hope that doesn't look really stupid) but I'm not sure if it's another nickname for Wellington (along with "Old Nosey") or someone else entirely...

Zigama said:
The UK have this one I've never understood that's kind of hard to understand. It sounds like they're saying "For Arthram Woosey!" (hope that doesn't look really stupid) but I'm not sure if it's another nickname for Wellington (along with "Old Nosey") or someone else entirely...
Its his name Arthur Wellesley :wink: 1st Duke of Wellington is only title

Tikov said:
Zigama said:
Its his name Arthur Wellesley :wink: 1st Duke of Wellington is only title

Hmm, I knew his name (there are other dukes of wellington) but they pronounce it strangely...certainly doesn't sound like they're saying Wellesley  :???:

Updated. Thanks a lot, Tikov. :wink:

No, no, the last word is definately starts with an "n". It could be Old Nosey.

Jansay said:
Updated. Thanks a lot, Tikov. :wink:

For nothing (at least i refresh my Russian and learn something from the Mongolian)
I have there one mistake, they dont shout Oni Drapajut but Oni Drapil (Они драпал) They escaped

In first post you mean all shouts (like wheel left, advance or only these longer?)

Russian surrender sounds like караул убивают (Karul ubivajut): They'r killing guard :grin:
For Hold fire: нестреляйте парней (nestrelajte parnje ) Dont' fire guys

Jansay said:

It's this afaik, I can hear it quite clearly xD Maybe I'm used to the accent...

little joke or a rumor since the Patriotic War of 1812 ..)

When the Russian during the attack shouted "Hurrah!" the French heard "sur rats!", which means "at rats!". And they answered them - "pour les chats!" "At cats!" .. maybe it was funny ..))

Other: the Russian word "Sharomyzhnik" which means "vagabond"or "swindler" comes from the French treatment "cher ami" -- "dear friend". Since the French turned to the Russian population during the retreat in search of food and shelter.

More: Russian officers often fell into trouble with Russian patrols and the guerrillas of the local folks, as Russian nobles among themselves preferred to communicate in French, which they knew not worse than the Russian. Therefore, the simple Russian peasants often took them for the French. )

A similar situation with the Russian replicas in the game. I do not want to offend the person who gave them. But they still need improvement and change.)

Coarse expression,  "Они драпают!" [onI drApajut!] "They skedaddle!" should be replaced by "Враг бежит!" [vrAg bezhIt!]  "enemy runs!" or  "Они отступают" [onI otstupAjut] "They are retreating. "

Command "Огонь!" [ogOn'!]  "Fire! " might be better replaced by "Пли!" [plI!]  "Fire!". Although it is not essential .. Possible to use the first variant ..

"Караул, убивают!" [karaUl, ubivAjut!] -- "Help, killing!" - No comment.)

Command "Не стреляйте, парни!" [nE streljAjte, pArni!] "Do not shoot, guys", rather should sound like "Прекратить стрельбу!" [prekratIt' strel'bU!] "Stop shooting!" ,"Cease fire". The word "Парни" [pArni] "guys" just could not be used .. If you want to add a appeal officer to the soldiers, it could be something like "Братцы", "Ребятки", Сынки" ["brAtcy", "rebjAtki", synkI"]  "Brothers", "boys, " Sons".

Command "Вперед!" [Vpered] "Forward!"sounds like the command to move forward.
Why not replace:  "В атаку!" [v atAku!] "Charge!" "В штыки!" [v shtykI!] "At the bayonets!" "На врага!" [nA vragA!] "To the enemy!"

Battle cry "За Бога и за Страну!" [za bOga i za stranU!] "For God and for the country " - is also something weird.
Options: "За Царя и Отечество!" [za carjA i otEchestvo!] "For Tsar and Fatherland","За Веру и Отечество!" [za vEru i otEchestvo!] "For Faith and Fatherland","За Русь!" [za rUs'!] "For Russia!", "Братцы, не посрамим!" [brAtcy, ne posramIm!] "Brothers, not to disgrace!", "Братцы, бей супостата!" [brAtcy, bEj supostAta!] "Brothers, smash the foe!"...

Rudovich said:
one of the russian shouts sounds like 'We need a rapper!'

Rofl! So THATS why people keep chanting that on the server, I did wonder :grin:

Herbiie said:
Jansay said:

It's this afaik, I can hear it quite clearly xD Maybe I'm used to the accent...

Im pretty sure the British are saying 'Hurrah for Old Nosey!'

Stop arguing about what the Brits are shouting, should be clear as crystal.

Old Nosey was Wellesley's nickname. Why? He had a big crooked nose.

Do you want anything else translated apart from the C - shouts?

Back
Top Bottom