Wich Productive Enterprise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Flasharrow

Regular
soo in this case.. what is the best productive enterprise to buy ?
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/109434012-4.jpg

109434012-4.jpg

and how do you know wich is the best for your town to buy :grin: ?

AFAIK, economy on M&B is pretty primitive. Don't bother with this data.

That said, if you want to make most of profits, build the velvet one (the most expensive, 10k) on every town but Jelkala... And on Jelkala build the 8k hides one. You will make 10-12k a month without the need to buy supplies manually for your enterprises neither sell their produced goods manually in other towns.

Just let the profit come! :wink:

I always pick velvet, except for a few cities that make a lot of money off other commodities, such as wool weavery in Shariz.

According to a some people, ironworks are effective in Curaw and Ahmerad.

From my experience ironworks in Curaw can produce 700+ per week but the profit varies a lot and some times you can experience losses. However if you have time to look for cheap iron and store it in the ironworks it becomes more profitable then the dyeworks. Unless you intend to play with the vaegirs this isn't a valid option.
I'm guessing that the same thing can be applied to Ahmerad and the sarranids.

Aure said:
According to a some people, ironworks are effective in Curaw and Ahmerad.

From my experience ironworks in Curaw can produce 700+ per week but the profit varies a lot and some times you can experience losses. However if you have time to look for cheap iron and store it in the ironworks it becomes more profitable then the dyeworks. Unless you intend to play with the vaegirs this isn't a valid option.
I'm guessing that the same thing can be applied to Ahmerad and the sarranids.

I just don't think it's worth the trouble. Store iron and/or later manually go elsewhere and sell? Bah! =P

With velvet you get at least 450 per town, never less than this (unless you get into war with the Kingdom so it will be 0 for any corporation =P) and you don't have the trouble of manually supplying them with goods or manually going to other towns to sell, etc.

If it really makes more profit than dyeworks you need to consider if the difference is that big to make the trouble worth.

I agree, its not worth the trouble just for an extra 200-400 profit per week. I was explaining this option for the sake of being thorough.

+1 for Ironworks in Ahmerrad, in my game Ahmerrad is stocked with Iron.

I barely pay for upkeep/labor and inventory there, and I get a huge payoff :smile:

Aure said:
Huge as in? Share the numbers, min and max profit you have seen so far.

Well last "week" I got a profit of 800 something. And when I bought it the "cost of materials" was 126. Which is pretty low for Iron.

you want to know wHich productive enterprise to make? IMO ironworks is the best one. You usually make at least 200 or more a week (without maintaining a stockpile which is always much less of a pain) and it only costs 2500 to build. of course this varies city to city, but for me its almost always more than 200/wk

olliewilliams01 said:
you want to know wHich productive enterprise to make? IMO ironworks is the best one. You usually make at least 200 or more a week (without maintaining a stockpile which is always much less of a pain) and it only costs 2500 to build. of course this varies city to city, but for me its almost always more than 200/wk

While the ironworks has a lower startup cost, and a quicker ROI, long-term you're better off making velvet, no?

ROI = return of ....uh.... some word for money? profit? yeah but personally i rarely play a single mod for more than 300 days

olliewilliams01 said:
ROI = return of ....uh.... some word for money? profit? yeah but personally i rarely play a single mod for more than 300 days

Return on Investment. If an Ironworks costs you 2500, but makes 200 a week, it pays for itself in 12.5 weeks. If a velvet works costs 10000, but makes 600 a week, it pays for itself in 16.6 weeks. So the iron works makes an extra 4 weeks of profit (800 denars), but after that the velvet works is making 400 more. So, after 18 weeks, they're even, then after that every week you make more money as a result of having a velvet works instead of an iron works. That's only 126 days in, meaning if you plan on playing any appreciable amount of time, it makes more sense to put the velvet works in.

Now, there is an argument to be made for startup costs being prohibitively expensive for velvet, meaning you can deploy more Ironworks enterprises faster, but I think overall most people would agree velvet is the smarter investment.

-DrZ

I was about to ask if producing certain goods would help a town's economy more than just making velvet, but then I remembered this thread. >_<

IronWorks!!

If you buy Iron in Curaw for example...and most times the cost is below 150d / iron.  Many times, by chance if you visit at the right times of prosperity, I've bought Iron there for 58d!!!  Then sell it at Reyvadin or Rivacheg for over 300d each!!!! 

Stocking your own inventory is not a Pain in the Arse...NOT REALLY THOUGH.  Just take it to anywhere OTHER than the town you bought it cheap, and stock your inventory.  BOOM 800-900d profit per cycyle and a full inventory will last a coupla of months.

All you really need is to find in any town or village... ANY iron selling for less than 200d and you'll make out huge.  You just have to plan your travel around getting more inventory ocassionally. 

Seriously, people complaining that stocking an inventory is hard?????  Man, don't you guys constantly stop by towns anyway to sell off stuff LOOT and do other things like buy weapons and armor or horses? 

These towns:  Curaw, Dirhim and Barryie  + surounding villages all have cheap iron at Different times of properity.  You just need to check often while passing by.

It's cake,
"O" 

P.S. Unless,you plan to play "Never Piss off anybody"... trying to leave "businesses to their own profits" is dubious.  You can never fully run all businesses AND BE AT WAR without getting the dreaded  business "Under SeQuestration".  I would rather micro manage a handfull of Really profitable towns than worry about my businesses, being halted by war.

OOOPS, I forgot some of you might be KINGS already and no longer at war.  In that case I guess, my thoughts apply to up and coming "would be" kings. 

If I ever make it to king, i'd start over though.  The quest would be over at that point for me.

Well, even if you are at war or not, its still better to get a business in every town. Assuming you have dyeworks, when at war with a faction you get ~2k less a week. At some point in the game you will not care about war and sequestration. In my current game i'm marshal for swadia and i'm at war the rhoducks, nords and vaegirs. I've been so busy defending the kingdom and ordering lords around that i don't even remember the last time i took a quest or did a tournament. And in all this time i got 12k a week (with 2 towns owned that is). Its nice to know that the money keeps rolling in no matter who you are at war with or if you manage business or not.

Back
Top Bottom