The Port: Main Thread and Download Link: Work Stopped

I am going to make factional quests, which faction/s do you think I should start on?

• Tribe of Snakes

Votes: 64 22.1%
  • Elgante Empire

Votes: 144 49.7%
  • Karkan Tribe

Votes: 27 9.3%
  • The Rebels

Votes: 89 30.7%
  • Arlen Tribe

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Arlen Barony

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • The Lundmen

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Focus instead on general quests

Votes: 42 14.5%
  • Focus instead on group quests (such as tribehunters, marauders)

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbow Joe said:
YourStepDad said:
the release has been impending for a while now Joe, how come :razz:
Epicrules said:
Maybe the new release is scared. Other people's hard drives are scary places, you know.
I'm very sorry everyone for the lack of contact and updates :sad:
When I started this mod I always thought I would find the time to keep working on it, and for a while that was mostly the case, but as we near the three year mark since I began this endeavour it is becoming increasingly clear to me that I don't know if I can. University is an important time waster, but for the most part I find myself having too many projects I'm having to work on at once.

It's fantastic to make art for games for most of my day; but it saddens me to think of this old mod sitting here unattended, particularly after I promised all of you, and myself that I would send out another release. If it were not for this mod I wouldn't even be doing my degree today, because it made me pick up some lifetime hobbies, but I think fondly back on the community here on the whole forum and I still can't believe that this mod gained all of your support in the first place.

I plan to release what I have done since the last release, as a final polish sort of thing. I'll keep the subforum up, to maintain contact and patch support, and in case I do keep working on it, but I don't currently plan on releasing another version after this one. What I do plan on doing however, is porting the mod to Bannerlord and perhaps starting it anew there, which I really look forward to.

e27 said:
Why do you people insist on using those animations? An otherwise great mod spoiled by looters twirling sticks around like ninjas. It looks ridiculous, makes fighting confusing, and cripples the ability to lance-stab other horsemen.
:lol: Don't worry, I agree with you in some ways. I laugh to myself when I see tribesmen flourish their polearms about their heads as well, but some animations are universally appropriate, such as the bow. That said you can easily remove them by copying the actions.txt from your native module and overwriting the New Elgante actions.txt, it was always planned to be something you can opt out of, but I never got around to making a sticky about it.
It is fine when you get used to it, for a while there I grew so accustomed to it that I got confused by native animations. But I never felt it was perfect for the mod, just a nice change.

Regards to Everyone

Thanks for sharing this with us. You've been a very appreciative and friendly developer, I'd hate to see you gone for good.

As for the final version, please make sure to provide us with some plate armor, if it's not too much to ask. :razz:

YourStepDad said:
Thanks for sharing this with us. You've been a very appreciative and friendly developer, I'd hate to see you gone for good.

As for the final version, please make sure to provide us with some plate armor, if it's not too much to ask. :razz:
Thanks to Narf, there is now a selection of plate and other period armour in the mod :smile:
All I'm doing know is fixing up a few things that are broken and cutting out a few things that I won't be able to fix.

Some setbacks occurred in the form of my computer dying. Most of it is backed up, but its caused some strange problems :S. It's just been a few bugs that I can't figure out that have been holding it back, no matter how much I stare down the computer.

I love this mod. I have conquered the island twice, once as Elgante Empire, and once as my own faction.
I would love to see this completed, as it is my favorite mod out there right now. Please finish this!

This mod is amazing, its one of my most played mods, (Random question, i'm new and for some reason my mod signature is not showing up. Is it like that for you guys?)

:neutral:

Well, this has been a long time coming. As anyone reading this knows full well, work has stopped on this mod. Shortly after I made the announcement I had my hardrive on my computer die, however I did not lose any significant amount of work from this, but after I had everything restored it had been a while and I'd lost any real grasp I had on scripting. I tried a few times to get the mod to run on the latest version but never had the time to invest any serious work like I used to.

I honestly lied to myself that I would still fix it up for a 'final release' for at least half a year, and by the time I realised how stupid I was, I was kind of too scared to come back on here and admit I have completely failed to uphold a very simple promise.

I can't remember if the latest version included the source code in it, if I can find it tonight then I'll upload it regardless. I encourage anyone who want to patch this up to do so, but I understand this mod has been dead a while.

I may come back and find the motivation to mod again with Bannerlords release, I would likely start from scratch though if that's the case. I won't make any more promises though.

Best Regards

Don't stress yourself over it. We're thankful for what you've already given us, and we enjoyed the time with the mod while it lasted. I wish you luck with your future endeavors, and thanks again for the effort you've put in to this.

You did great, Joe. Thank you for all the effort and giving out source is nice. I will be porting it to latest version for sure.

This is the latest version I can find

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6_YTFIBm0mib3BleDQ3QjNCaVU&usp=sharing

Uploaded v0.85 patch. Should be able to merge the contents (overwriting where necessary) with the released build, like a hotfix. Only works on 1.143 afaik

Dang, I know I'm kind of necroing right now, but this is unfortunate, though understandable. And don't blame yourself, the mod is mostly complete anyway, and awesome for what it is.

Going to try the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom