The Port: Main Thread and Download Link: Work Stopped

I am going to make factional quests, which faction/s do you think I should start on?

• Tribe of Snakes

Votes: 64 22.1%
  • Elgante Empire

Votes: 144 49.7%
  • Karkan Tribe

Votes: 27 9.3%
  • The Rebels

Votes: 89 30.7%
  • Arlen Tribe

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Arlen Barony

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • The Lundmen

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Focus instead on general quests

Votes: 42 14.5%
  • Focus instead on group quests (such as tribehunters, marauders)

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean these ones? Could you elaborate on what role they are playing in New Elgante?
fight_big.jpg
Once again I am having trouble seeing what they are doing in a colony era which would be almost 500 years after their downfall. I know this is made up but how could a country so far behind in technology have survived and competed with the elgante empire, and if they were a tribe on the island then they would be too far ahead, using metals and such like that are not even supposed to be on the island. Even though it could add some interesting battles...

Update: permission from Jezze for some BNL Eighty years of war items has been given, so thanks to the whole team there

King Ragnarok said:
I dunno what role there playing, it was just a crap suggestion.
Well gameplay wise it had some merit, there are not really any sort of solid factions.

But I have some great news, I have gotten thorgrims map editor to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently I am editing it on a blank module for original mount and blade but I already have a very rough layout of the map :grin: Thats all within an hours work and being the first time I have used it I think its pretty good. If anyone has any tips or suggestion about thorgrims editor then I would love to hear it.
So now this mod is being done in singleplayer as well! :grin:
Port Horizon is about 90-95% done but entirely playable, also I have overwritten the scene for praven with it, and edited it with entry points, passages to tavern etc. So the singleplayer aspect is already underway
The Lundmen tribe is now being started on, already got a few models down and troops fleshed out for them in multiplayer.

I now have the world map fully in-game and perfectly playable, along with all the towns (all renamed), castles and villages placed perfectly as well. The faction troops have been done, except for the Arlenmen who are still rhodoks since I have not started on their equipment yet. The map still needs tweaking since it is a bit rough on some parts and I need to put in places in which you can "sail" from the mainland to outlying islands, once I have done that I will begin relocating a few towns and villages to them. At the moment I am testing it all out and am currently playing as a rebel which is turning out to be quite eventful. Two new companions have been added in and I will get to their dialogues later.
Singleplayer is coming along very nicely :smile:
Screenshots of the world map: note villages and castles have not been changed yet. And the triangulated shoreline is a work in progress, it will be smoothed.
Tribe of snakes to the left and a part of the empire and rebels to the right. The blue parts are the karkans
A view of the Karkans and rebels, with more of the empire. Note that "Rebel Fort" Is a placeholder until I get sea travel, it will be renamed, moved and re-allocated to the Isle of Dusk owned by the empire.
The purple is the Lundmen, the Green are the Arlen
A full shot of the Arlen, allied tribe to the empire
Dusk Isle

I'm going to make a tribal "crown" for him and a lesser one for Arryens (Arryens being the "lord" title)
Tribe of Snakes in action

I have spent most of the day adding in new items to populate the merchants inverntories. I have added in 50 new variant armours from the Warband Item variants mod, to give the empire and rebels a whole host of new options when it comes to armors. The tribes are not left out either as I have been working on them as well. I have made a new "tribal crown"
like I said earlier a lesser one for the normal arryens will be made as well.
And some screenshots of the elgante cavalry

Right now I am working on companions, if anyone has any ideas for a companion then I would like to hear them.
Also singleplayer is nearing release, I have the Arlen tribe in as well as the Lundmen, thus completing the planned factions list. But still I have ideas for a seventh.
Let it be known too that I am recruiting basically any field, modellers (especially if you can do armours), texturers, scene editors, scripters (only basic stuff that I can't really do, so you needn't be advanced).

Thanks! Singleplayer is ready for the next release, but my internet is getting in the way uploading. It is abysmally slow. Hopefully I can get to upload somewhere else today and if so I will have the release out within the next 24 hours :grin:
Also I have included some of Jon Sayles music and it is really good. Have a listen if you want.
I made a town hall for port horizon

No there isn't and I doubt one will come up (servers cost money or downloads both of which I do not have), try hosting your own game with bots for now, I mean thats what their there for :smile: Once single player is up you needn't worry about it really, could be good for LAN's for now.

Back
Top Bottom