Can you marry Lady Isolla of Suno?

Users who are viewing this thread

And if you can't, is it possible to mod it so you can?

I don't want to be King of Calradia with some wife who's just some spoiled brat child of some backwater Lord who just owns a tiny little castle.

She's a claimant, so I don't see any situation where you are king of Calradia and her acting as a normal lord rather than a claimant. But there probably is a way to tweak it and make that possible.

Nero_the_Great said:
And if you can't, is it possible to mod it so you can?

I don't want to be King of Calradia with some wife who's just some spoiled brat child of some backwater Lord who just owns a tiny little castle.
But technically, the backwater lord with the tiny castle is more of a noble than you, since you began with pretty much nothing. The spoiled brat child would simply have worked her way up in the hierarchy to the queenship, just like you did with the kingship.

Zollum said:
She's a claimant, so I don't see any situation where you are king of Calradia and her acting as a normal lord rather than a claimant. But there probably is a way to tweak it and make that possible.
She can rule Swadia as my *****, and I rule everything else.

Sovereignity said:
But technically, the backwater lord with the tiny castle is more of a noble than you, since you began with pretty much nothing. The spoiled brat child would simply have worked her way up in the hierarchy to the queenship, just like you did with the kingship.
Yea but there wouldn't be a pile of dead bodies the size of Praven behind them, just a silly marriage.

Will be an cool idea for next patch ruling with the claiment together when you have the throne, But first she shall ask

Do you want too rule with me "Yes" or "No"  or marring as you said

lol isolla, the claiment *****  :lol:

Actually, to get a claimant as a spouse should be just a correct way for things to go. The perspective to dress ones power - existing de facto and gained by any means - in the suit of  legitimacy through marriage could be a prize worthy indeed to sacrifice wealth and armies. And there is enough to chose from - besides Isolla of Suno don't neglect this pearly chick of Sarranids and - for female characters - whole three bachelors to pick up! Once we are playing tales...  :wink:

You should be allowed to. I mean, of all the lords and ladies, the claimant is one you probably spend time with most, working to reclaim their rightful place on the throne. You spend all that time together, and, uh...

DAWUSS said:
You should be allowed to. I mean, of all the lords and ladies, the claimant is one you probably spend time with most, working to reclaim their rightful place on the throne. You spend all that time together, and, uh...
Haha yeah, like this;
"Hey 'solla, I'm not gonna fight the whole Swadian army for nothing, eh?"
(BTW, the revolt was beaten by the Loyalists...)

But seriously, I thought the mod Diplomacy allowed claimants to be married (not 100% sure).

I tried talking with Harlaus while on Diplo as a king and asked if there is a way to form an alliance (or marry one of his family members) with him, his reply was basically yes but however there is no one eligible for marrying so I believe it is possible but not sure how.

yeah, you can marry the claimants on diplomacy, i tried it with Isolla.

She is smart trougth, she will only marry you character if you conquer first all the original Swadian lands on the beggining of the game.

I needed four wars to do that.

Seven of Spades said:

She is smart trougth, she will only marry you character if you conquer first all the original Swadian lands on the beggining of the game.

wow that must've been hard, I'll try Awra then...

Seven of Spades said:

Sounds like I need to start a new game again!

TheSarranid said:
Lol. Im getting Diplomacy so I can marry Arwa.
Arwa appeared to be a rather greedy and paranoid creature... I conquered for her all Sarranid lands, by the course of action also entire territory of Khergits. She took all lands in possesion for herself, incriminated all vassals (so far - except me) and declined the proposal of marriage. Reason: I have "not sufficient holdings and marriage would be uneven"... Jeez! Sure - I have only one town - but it is because she took all conquered towns - except one - and castles for herself!
I have only controversy 12 and quite decent right to rule, renown (higher than hers) and honour.
I have read, here and there, in Diplomacy might be possible to marry a claimant. So - can anybody (who actually has done it by himself) reveal how things should be done to proceed with marrying a claimant to succeed?
This more about challenge than other reasons - because Arwa is definitely not the miss Sarranids and Lady Isolla has obvious thyroidal problems.

The way you describe it I think it's possible that you should take all the lands first except a few castles left, then propose to help Arwa to the throne. If she objects that she doesn't have enough lands, you can return the lands to her. You might pull it off with that.

And no, my character doesn't like Arwa because he doesn't want to be a 3rd time charmer for her (2 Kings've rowed rowed her boat, already man) and died while rowing her boat. Bad, bad omen.

The problem here is - if "you take some lands first", you become a king... and these claimant chicks are too picky - they refuse to recruit a king, they accept only landless guys.
apparently, you have to grab as much land as possible during reconquest - after you have given an oath but before reconquering all provinces of particular kingdom. I will try this - and tell how things turned out.

I have experimented and found the most straightforward way to marry Arwa is to accumulate right to rule before starting the rebellion, by sending out companions or being a mercenary/vassal of a faction that gains a truce while winning. I found 21 (but not 1:cool: was enough R2R.

I cheated in this rebellion to win all the battles, and when I took fiefs I allocated roughly half to Arwa and half to me (Arwa always took my advice about how to allocate, even when I experimented with taking all for myself). I didn't recruit any lords at all, just wiped them out so I don't know whether you would have similar results if you were allocating most to lords but half of the remainder to Arwa and of the remainder to yourself, but I suspect it would still work. When the rebellion was won, all the lords defaulted back to the faction and I was Marshall. Then, before I had a chance to accumulate any controversy, I proposed and she accepted. As co-ruler I handed out most of my feifs. Notable that Arwa still had too many, but you could a) take them all for yourself originally then hand them all out as co-ruler, hoping you don't run out of  or b) allocate them rationally to defected lords as you go, but make sure Arwa and you are roughly equal.

iuniusbrutus said:
I have experimented and found the most straightforward way to marry Arwa is to accumulate right to rule before starting the rebellion, by sending out companions or being a mercenary/vassal of a faction that gains a truce while winning. I found 21 (but not 1:cool: was enough R2R.

Thank you for that piece of info : 21 RTR.
Now I'm better prepared to do a claimant marriage run thru

Back
Top Bottom