AAR: Godfrey of Ibelin

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir GabrieL

Recruit
Well, always before I start to play, I like to think about a background to my characters, so I thought about doing an AAR based on that my character, but I gave up the idea.
So I started playing and after about 3 hours played, I changed my mind, so sorry for the absence of the initial screens.

I just started with this character, then as I play, I'll post the events, like a diary.
I hope you like it ^^

Obs-> Forgive me for possible grammatical errors, because my English isn't so good.

Gameplay -> Godfrey of Ibelin
Difficulty -> 112%
Save Mode -> Realistic "Save & Exit"
Damage to Player/Friends -> Normal
Block -> Automatic (Sorry ^^)
Campaign/Battle AI -> Good
Battle -> Fastest
Battle Size -> 150
Initial Build -> Noble/Page/Squire/Revenge
Obs -> I'm playing "by default", without mods.

"It's not about a vengeance, but justice and honor"

Calradia, 1233

The House of Ibelin, was a noble family who lived in Kelredan Castle and always served the Kingdom of Swadia.
For generations they bled into king's name.
Count Godfrey, a young noble, known for his loyalty to the king and for being a honorable knight, became the ruler of Ibelin after your father's death.
Following the traditions of your family, Godfrey vowed to serve the King Harlaus, and your majesty knowing this, has decided to make a good use from your vassal.
At that moment, the Kingdom of Swadia was in a war against the Nords.
Godfrey has raised a huge army of knights and your cavalry became known by your enemies on the battlefield.

King Ragnar, from the Nords, tired to lose small battles, has decided to atack the heart of Swadia, the city of Praven.
However, King Harlaus alerted by your scouts, called all your vassals to Praven, to defend the capital from the siege.
All nobles have heed the call, except one, Godfrey, that had an idea to attack the siege from behind to attempt to destroy the siege weapons.

King Ragnar has underestimated the Godfrey's Army and has send just one of yours nobles to stop him.
That was the error of King Ragnar, the Godfrey's knights have trample the defensive army of Nords and rushed to destroy the siege weapons.
With your siege weapons destroyed, the siege was stoped. King Ragnar has negotiated the terms with Godfrey to leave the battlefield without a war, and Praven was saved.
Once again the House of Ibelin served the Kingdom of Swadia.

Calradia, 1235

Two years after the siege fails on Praven, King Ragnar, wanted revenge on Godfrey, and he marched with some vassals to Kelredan, the Heart of Ibelin.
Alerted by a scout, Count Godfrey has asked for King Harlaus help, who answered the call and tell to Godfrey that he was sending troups.
Godfrey resisted the siege waiting for the reinforcements during 3 weeks, but after that, without a reinforciment, Kelredan has fall.
King Harlaus, not only denied a request for help, he ignored generations of service, devotion and loyalty provided by the House of Ibelin.
From the piles of dead corpses, was impossible to know who was Godfrey.
That was the end of Count Godfrey, that was the end of Ibelin.

Calradia, 1257

Twenty two years after that onslaught, the war has ended, Kelredan returned to belong to Swadia and that event is nothing but a vague memory.
However from the ashes of deads, arises an old knight, carrying an old banner of an old House, seeking for justice, and to raise your house once again.
Godfrey, not a Count anymore, has survived. He survived on the promises of that Kelredan would again be the heart of the House of Ibelin, and that would settle their differences with King Harlaus.

"It's not about a vengeance, but justice and honor."

March 23, 1257

2u73qqq.jpg

Here I am.
After years, living like a nomad, recovering myself from the hurts in my body and mind, here I'm, Capital of Swadia, City of Praven.
Once, a place where I felt good, my second home, now, a strange and uncomfortable place.

kevtit.jpg

Godfrey at the gates of Praven.

Walking to the streets, I saw the entrance to castle. It was nostalgic.
I could ask to the guards to let me in, but, I'm not prepared to meet King Harlaus face to face, but if we met, he would recognize me?
I don't know, but I felt that this was not the right time.

2885cnc.jpg

Godfrey at the entrance to the castle

By the way, I was lucky, because right in this day was having a Tournament, and maybe, King Harlaus would join it.
Decided to gain renown and make some money too, I joined the Tournament.

It was a knight fight, mounted on a horse and using jousting lances, my speciality and I didn't have trouble to procced to the finals, and King Harlaus too.
In the semi finals, a surprise, my opponent was King Harlaus.
I could see his face after twenty two years. Older, like me, but the eyes were the same.
When he listened my name he looked to me strangely, but he don't recognized me, maybe because of the helmet, who knows?
Our horses began to run and our lances were ready to hit when I decided to change the route and turned my horse to my right side, Harlaus thinking that I was running, turned your horse to chase me. Then I turned my horse again and pushed my lance with all my strenght against his horse, it was a strong attack and the horse was crippled, with Harlaus on the ground, I didn't have problem to take him down.
I could see the despair in his face when my horse was running after him, and his scream when my lance touched her breast, sounded like music to my ears.

"King Harlaus was defeated by a Mercenary", was what I heared from the crowd and it was good thing to know.
In the final match, I had a Mercenary as opponent, and it was an easy battle.

It was a good restart, I could see Harlaus again, beat him in a tournament and gain some gold.
And this is just the begining.

King of Scotland said:
Hmm.... Nice, I hope to see screenshots in future chapters though.

Yeah but maybe the next post dont have the screen yet, because I need to tell what happened after I leave Praven.
Btw, what about the spelling? Is it so bad?

Some screens added, tomorrow I'll post others events that I played and news screens.

Obs-> Screens in Spoilers

Nice!

Well spelling and grammar is quite fine, though:
Here I'm.
Not a big thing but it should be "Here I am". Just read your chapter out loud in English, that helps a lot before posting.
was what I heared from the crowd and it was good thing to hear.
Should be: "was what I heard from the crowd and it was a good thing to know. Try to use as many different words as you can, so it's more interesting.

King of Scotland said:
Nice!

Well spelling and grammar is quite fine, though:
Here I'm.
Not a big thing but it should be "Here I am". Just read your chapter out loud in English, that helps a lot before posting.
was what I heared from the crowd and it was good thing to hear.
Should be: "was what I heard from the crowd and it was a good thing to know. Try to use as many different words as you can, so it's more interesting.

Fixed now and thanks for the advices ^^
I'll post a new chapter now.

April 05, 1257

I stayed in Praven more 2 days.
In tavern, to celebrate my victory I met a group of 4 men that I thought interesting to have in my future army. Their names, Firentis, Jeremus, Lezalit and Artimenner. Each one had a different history, but it isn't important now.
Acompanied, I decided to head to Uxkhal, where was having another tournament.

In Uxkhal I entered and won the tournament without problems. The difference now, is that I gained more money, because I did some gambles.
Looking for more capable men to my group I payed a visit to tavern, where I found another group and hired them. Nizar, Matheld, Bunduk and Katrin.

I was near Kelredan Castle and Chide, so I decided to make a visit to my old house.
It was good and sad at the same time. But as I promised, Kelredan will be the first step to the rebirth of Ibelin.

ouzcir.jpg

Godfrey inside the walls of Kelredan Castle

2dlnnlg.jpg

Godfrey in Chide

With the money earned I could buy a good horse to me and a better gear to me and to my new companions, but not so great.

so8h9c.jpg

Godfrey with his new horse and new gear

9s6mvl.jpg

Godfrey and his companions

2j3mree.jpg

The banner of Ibelin, and Godfrey's group

Looking for more tournaments I headed to Suno.
In the way, I could test my men's, against some bandits and the result was good, however, Matheld took my attention by her brutality.
Chasing some bandits I fell into a trap. A large group appeared from the trees and easily took us as your prisioneirs.

Lezalit and Bunduk were able to escape, and two days later I escaped too and could find Lezalit in a tavern in Suno.
I lost all my money, so Artimenner gave me the idea to use his trade skills to deliver some essential goods for the capitals.

So, for while I'm avoiding the battles, and delivering goods to make some money.
Soon, I'll assemble an army to take Kelredan Castle, the moment is good, Swadia is in war against Vaegyrs and Nords, they are weakened now.

I have been searched for Bunduk during my travels, but I couldn't find him.
I hope he is safe.

Yeah, the fights will begin soon, I'm going to assembly an army to take Kelrendan.
The action will begin ^^

Btw...just you to comment about it....is it so bad? ^^

King of Scotland said:
Nice, but don't use like "Geofrey and your companions". You are talking about him, not me, so use "Geofrey and he's companions".

Geofrey and his*

I like the concept and I want to see where you will take this, but I am getting bogged down in the various grammatical flaws :sad:

Then I turned my horse again and pushed my lance with all my strenght against his horse, it was a strong attack and the horse was crippled, with Harlaus on the ground, I didn't have problem to take him down.
I could see the despair in his face when my horse was running after him, and his scream when my lance touched her breast, sounded like music to my ears.

That's an incorrect pronoun :p

Also, I think some more detail in the battles would be good. For example, your encounter with King Harlaus is good. I can't wait for you to take Kelredan Castle :smile:

Riddle said:
I like the concept and I want to see where you will take this, but I am getting bogged down in the various grammatical flaws :sad:

Also, I think some more detail in the battles would be good. For example, your encounter with King Harlaus is good. I can't wait for you to take Kelredan Castle :smile:

About the grammatical errors, I'll try to fix it, but I never studied English, all I know is from Games, so...go easy on me ^^
I dont detailed the fight against the bandits cause I'was "rushing" the diary to the same "place" that I'm playing now.

Now, the text and the game are in the same place, the retake of  Kelredan, however I'm afraid because I dont want to lose ^^

Sir GabrieL said:
Riddle said:

About the grammatical errors, I'll try to fix it, but I never studied English, all I know is from Games, so...go easy on me ^^
I dont detailed the fight against the bandits cause I'was "rushing" the diary to the same "place" that I'm playing now.

Now, the text and the game are in the same place, the retake of  Kelredan, however I'm afraid because I dont want to lose ^^

Well, whenever you're ready to take it, I'll be waiting :grin:

Back
Top Bottom