Monday Public event. 19:00 GMT 20:00 CET. new thread. this one closed.

What regiment build would you like within the event?

• 5 x 20 infantry (currently)

Votes: 54 42.5%
  • 3 x 23 infantry + 15/16 cavalry + 15/16 light

Votes: 73 57.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudovich

Master Knight
Monday line battle(Public line battle event)

mb82.jpg

Update: From now on we will be trying smaller regiments in the hope it will make more balanced teams. We will start at regiments of about 15 men for line infantry, 11 for cavalry and light infantry and 4 for artillary. We will not have the channels at all the time but I will simply create a new one, when the last one is filled up.

Why smaller? Regiments usually have the stupidity(sorry for calling it this way) of not joining a channel with another regiment in there. This might cause a 5 men regiment to be filled up with only public men, which isn't much, and keep them small while on the other side there could be a big regiment with the same amount of public people taking in a whole channel. This usually caused large inbalancement into the teams. The usual limit for regimental members of one regiment to be in one channel will probably be gone for next monday as it might not work out with these smaller channels, mostly because I usually already have a few raging people who can't join their friends and it has never ever been a public person but a regimental one...

For the rest everything stays the same.

on another note, there will from now on always be a Russian and French speaking channel. If there are enough people(15) from another langeauge I can sure make them a channel if its requested atleast 1 hour BEFORE the event starts.

How does it work?
- You join by joining teamspeak 3(see details below) and waiting patiently for the password to be given after you joined one of the available channels. Afterwards you simply login to the game and do listen to orders of the captain in your channel.
- Commanders are chosen before the linebattle starts, sometimes an hour and sometimes a week in advance. Would you like to command? simply send Rudovich a PM or add him to steam: Rudovich93.
- Commanders choose 3 scouts to join their comanding company in battle and for every channel of their faction they pick a captain to command it after people joined it.
- Channels will be created when others are filled to the top, They will have limits of 15 men for line infantry, 11 for cavalry and light infantry and 4 for artillary. the last three will probably have 2 channels on the max but the line will have alot more.
- Admins you might encounter are:
  • Rudovich;
  • Spanker;
  • Vincenzo;
  • Lord_Olafson;
  • Preatorian;
  • Grognard_Admiral.
- For any other questions add Rudovich93 on steam or PM Rudovich on taleworlds.com.

May the strongest be victorious!

Teamspeak details
Don't have teamspeak?
download it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Teamspeak info:
Address:
ts.22nd.eu
port:

King of Scotland said:
- Commander does not need to be an officer or member of a regiment.
HUH?! How the hell can some randomer command us ?

Simple they just command us tell us to go hither and dither and to shoot and to engage etc etc. Basically its just like the old days where anyone could be commander no matter who they were

hherlev said:
Will this affect the regular monday linebattles for the regiments?

The regular monday linebattle was actually public, though the last few times it wasnt. I will turn it fully public again. A regimental event will be held by donald.

Do you know if these two events will be held at the same time? And who will use what server?

hherlev said:
Do you know if these two events will be held at the same time? And who will use what server?

not at the same time, both will probably use the normal server(unless vince doesnt want it but I doubt) And dont worry, anyone can join the public event and only regimental members can join the regimental event so you can join both!

Well problem is, there is only one Ts server, with 250 slots. Last night that one was full, and that was only with regiment people....

Also, if both the public and the training server are used at the same time, its just gonna lagg for both servers, and the two go into one....

hherlev said:
Well problem is, there is only one Ts server, with 250 slots. Last night that one was full, and that was only with regiment people....

Also, if both the public and the training server are used at the same time, its just gonna lagg for both servers, and the two go into one....

As I said the two events wont be on the same time.

I have the authorization to create a second event. Rudovich and I actually splitted it. There is the Public Weekly Lineblattle under the organisation from Rudovich where the main focus lies on public players and maybe even small groups.

And there will soon be the Regiment Weekly Line Battle on which i and some others are currently working. It will be organized completely by me. Regiments have to applicate for it every week with some infos about their regiment strength etc. and blacklisted regiments won't be allowed to attend. This will allow us hopefully to have serious and well organized line battles without delays or troublemakers.

More to come soon.

Best wishes,

Donald MacDonald

Rudovich said:
not at the same time, both will probably use the normal server(unless vince doesnt want it but I doubt) And dont worry, anyone can join the public event and only regimental members can join the regimental event so you can join both!

Same problem just twice as often.  :roll:

Having a public and regimental event? still dosn't really remedy the problem, the problem was that there are too many regiments to host on a single line battle .... it either needs a rotary system or a rotary system plus another regimental line battle per week where those who did not get in are given priority.

Kator Viridian said:
Having a public and regimental event? still dosn't really remedy the problem, the problem was that there are too many regiments to host on a single line battle .... it either needs a rotary system or a rotary system plus another regimental line battle per week where those who did not get in are given priority.
The regiments in the black list (there are some) and smaller ones will go to public one and other regiments will go to regimental one, simple

King of Scotland said:
Kator Viridian said:
The regiments in the black list (there are some) and smaller ones will go to public one and other regiments will go to regimental one, simple

o_O?

Fact of the matter is gents, is that EVERYONE deserves a fair shot at the 'public' and 'regimental' line battles, providing they are not a bunch of idiots who are more concerned with annoying other people than having fun, thats the bottom line, its a great mod that was built to have fun with, and people are taking it too seriously.

I do agree though, we need more line battle servers, as well as Events, the Musket community is out-growing only one server, is anyone else up for using one of the training servers (when they arent be used for their main purpose, to train obviously) as another line battle server?

I was working at the pub last night so missed the Line Battle, but I heard and saw from one certain topic that there was a little bit of an incident where some Regiments couldnt get in, some started blaming the large Regiments for being too big, and so on and so forth.

However, the 52nd Regiment, and 5te Landwer (the one that nOOb Crusader 'commands' :razz:) had a private 'mini-linebattle' on the British Army server, its little things like this that need to occur more often.

If not Regiments are going to keep feeling left-out because not everybody can fit onto the 22nd server for the Monday Line Battles.

Just my humble opinion.

King of Scotland said:
Kator Viridian said:

apart from the obvious titling? Who's to say the smaller regiments will even be allowed, or have the foresight to see they won't get into the line battle when 84e, and the 27th made it in (Not that either of them are small but they seemed to be the smallest groups on the field when I managed to get into spectating towards the end part).

I forsee a few groups starting up their own line battles to try make it fairer on those who seem to be ignored or shunned out with no explaination or dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom