Floris Basic PLUS | Floris Expanded LITE

Users who are viewing this thread

The (previously) un-advertised beauty of the Floris Basic Mod Pack is that you can add it to other base mods besides Native. Since it essentially is a compilation of items, textures, scenes, and music, this doesn't interfere with Diplomatic/tactical/game-feature mods in the slightest.

Doing this, you can essentially create a Floris Basic Mod Pack PLUS or a Floris Expanded Pack LITE, which a few people have expressed some interest in.

Notably, this will in effect remove the following from the Floris Expanded Mod Pack: the high-end graphical modifications (Polished Buildings and Landscapes, Expanded Horizons, etc), the Combat Animation Enhancement, the nice report presentations, the Floris companion, the new troop tree (and thus any troops using the many new items), and the core gameplay features of whatever "base" mods aren't included (Custom Commander, Diplomacy, and/or Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment).

You will have the vast majority of the mods from the packs--all of the new items--and the core gameplay features of whatever "base" mod you install the Floris Basic Pack on top of (Custom Commander, Diplomacy, and/or Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment).

Installation Directions:
1) Download and follow the instructions to install one of the following mods:
This will be referred to as your "base" mod.
2) Once you have one of the above mods installed, download the Floris Basic Mod Pack.
3) Follow the instructions in the "add to module.ini" and the "add to item_kinds1" files, adding them to files in the module folder for the "base" mod.
4) Copy everything within the Native folder inside the Basic Pack folder into the module folder for the "base" mod, overwriting all textures, scenes, sounds and resources. Don't overwrite the module.ini or item_kinds1.txt files that you've just edited before you copied from the Native folder. Skip the music.txt file if you choose not to download the music component.

Didn't realise this so great to know for n00bs like me.

It makes it very apparent how much has gone in to getting all these Mods to run together!
:mrgreen:

Hey, that's really cool! I'm thinking about copying a spare of the Brytenwalda mod and trying the basic adapt with that.

i was going to tell you that the skirmisher mod was not included, but then i saw Diplomacy + PBOD that should include it for ranged weapons . There is only the lancer script left, but it is good enough. Thank you, i thought it was a little harder, but it is not. I will try. And , if i gather a bit of time for me, i will try to manage a troop tree for the dip+pbod mod with all the new items included.
thx again

EDIT  :mrgreen: pretty awesome.

DWoodrum said:
Hey, that's really cool! I'm thinking about copying a spare of the Brytenwalda mod and trying the basic adapt with that.
...this won't work without some heavy lifting/careful work on your part as Brytenwalda edits scenes, items, textures, etc just like the Floris Basic mod does.

There's reason to my madness in the specific mods I listed--they impact gameplay/features, but NOT items, textures, scenes. Once a mod adjusts these things there's a high likelihood of conflict.

i dunno if i did right but i applied Diplomacy mod to original Native folder then i pasted Floris Basic Mod

but when i play the game, the shields look clear from the outside and all u can see is metal frame, also the sounds are off u can hear only horses in the battle

did i do something wrong?

I know it looks bad to make requests like this but I can arrange (before hand) for FTP hosting for this mod. It will be accessible on the web from a website that I have access to for these types of purposes.

Could someone please integrate Floris Expanded with the optional Text Refreshment Mod into Diplomacy + PIKE & Blade?
Like I said, I will arrange to have this newly merged mod hosted as well as the regular Floris Expanded (along with the Text Refreshment Mod).

Thats all I can really offer in return at the moment.
Thank you in advance.

Nexto said:
i dunno if i did right but i applied Diplomacy mod to original Native folder then i pasted Floris Basic Mod

but when i play the game, the shields look clear from the outside and all u can see is metal frame, also the sounds are off u can hear only horses in the battle

did i do something wrong?
I think you may have, yes. I can play Diplomacy + Floris Basic without an issue and all the shields appear fine.

I'll try to type more complete directions...maybe that will help?

1) Diplomacy is an auto-install .exe So install it and it shows up in ...Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\
1a) Optional step: make a copy of that folder and call it Diplo+Floris
2) Unzip the Floris Basic file and look inside what you get.
3) There's a "add to item_kinds1.txt" file, open it and follow the directions, pasting into the \Diplomacy\item_kinds1.txt file (or the \Diplo+Floris\item_kinds1.txt file if you made a copy). Be sure you remember to increase the number at the top (600 or so) by 1556 (to 2000 something)!!
4) Do the same with the "add to module ini.txt" file, opening it, following the directions inside, again editing the file in your Diplomacy folder. See monnikje's post here, too. Essentially, beyond what the file tells you to add, add this line too:      load_mod_resource = fla_materials
5) Open up the "Native" folder that came from the zipped Floris Basic Mod Pack file. Copy everything inside of it. Paste it into your \Diplomacy\  (or new \Diplo+Floris\)  folder, saying "Yes" to merge and overwrite when it asks**
**5a) Skip/don't overwrite music.txt if you don't download the new music. Skip/don't overwrite sounds.txt AND the Sounds folder if you don't want the "More Metal Sounds."
6) You're finished. Now your Diplomacy mod has all of the new banners, textures, items of Floris Basic.

sysopgrace said:
Could someone please integrate Floris Expanded with the optional Text Refreshment Mod into Diplomacy + PIKE & Blade?
Like I said, I will arrange to have this newly merged mod hosted as well as the regular Floris Expanded (along with the Text Refreshment Mod).
That's a bit of a confusing request. Is essentially what you are asking for the Pike & Blade troop tree within the Floris Expanded Pack (because Expanded already includes Diplomacy)? If someone wanted to install the Text Refreshment Mod onto Floris Expanded, they could then use Morgh's Tools to edit the troop tree to match that of Pike & Blade. It would be a bit tedious and time consuming, but not difficult. I'm pretty sure this would work...not 100%...but fairly certain.

Your other option would be to install Diplomacy + Pike & Blade and then install the Floris Basic pack (...which is actually what this thread is about...). But I don't think that's what you're after.

thanks very much for taking time to explain each step, i will try again and will post my result  :smile:

I followed the directions, the sound was fixed but still the shields were all see-through  but i guess i can live with that :grin:

What if I want three of the following mods :
•Custom Commander
•Diplomacy
•Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment
I just want these three , is there anyway to do it with the floris basic pack.

Alex Dragon said:
•Custom Commander
•Diplomacy

At the moment, no, there is no way to do this with the Floris Basic Pack.
Bismark, the compiler of the Open Source Project (currently Custom Commander + Diplomacy + some minor things) is supposed to be updating that compilation to include Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment, but it is unclear if or when that will happen.

Caba`drin said:
Alex Dragon said:
•Custom Commander
•Diplomacy

At the moment, no, there is no way to do this with the Floris Basic Pack.
Bismark, the compiler of the Open Source Project (currently Custom Commander + Diplomacy + some minor things) is supposed to be updating that compilation to include Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment, but it is unclear if or when that will happen.

1) Caba`drin , In the floris expaned mod pack it contain all the mod i want ( Custom Commander, Diplomacy, Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment , and other stuff (many items)

but i just don'/t want the feature as below:

The high-end graphical modifications (Polished Buildings and Landscapes, Expanded Horizons, etc), the Combat Animation Enhancement, the nice report presentations, the Floris companion, the new troop tree (and thus any troops using the many new items), and the core gameplay features

Is there anyway to remove these stuff from floris expaned pack? I have read the faq and try to remove polish things but it don't work and crash .
Any tip or help?

2) One more thing  , if i copy the native parties file and troops file plus maps file and data file into floris expaned mod pack , when i open the game will the troop tree change back to native one and the map back to normal one? (but the new items and diplomacy , custom commander , pre battle deployment remain the same?) <<<=  will it work in that way ?

Alex Dragon said:
The high-end graphical modifications (Polished Buildings and Landscapes, Expanded Horizons, etc), the Combat Animation Enhancement, the nice report presentations, the Floris companion, the new troop tree (and thus any troops using the many new items), and the core gameplay features

Is there anyway to remove these stuff from floris expaned pack? I have read the faq and try to remove polish things but it don't work and crash .
Any tip or help?
I can only point you to the FAQ. It has instructions for removing the Combat Animation Enhancement and the Polished Landscapes, etc. I am certain that the Combat Animation Enhancement directions are correct. If the Polished Landscapes directions do not work, post in EITHER the Support or Bug Report thread (likely the Support thread would be best) with exactly what went wrong when you tried to follow the directions about the graphical enhancements. I'm unsure what files are edited there, so monnikje (or Duh) will need to respond when they have a chance.

Alex Dragon said:
2) One more thing  , if i copy the native parties file and troops file plus maps file and data file into floris expaned mod pack , when i open the game will the troop tree change back to native one and the map back to normal one? (but the new items and diplomacy , custom commander , pre battle deployment remain the same?) <<<=  will it work in that way ?
No, this will not work at all. I've posted the directions above because they are what will work. Stray from them at your own risk...the reason this pack was so time-intensive for monnikje to put together and has the potential for so many script/coding errors is because slapping files around like this is not sufficient to making a working compilation.

This thread is about how to use the BASIC pack with other mods, not about removing things from or otherwise editing the Expanded pack.

Caba`drin said:
Alex Dragon said:

Any tip or help?
I can only point you to the FAQ. It has instructions for removing the Combat Animation Enhancement and the Polished Landscapes, etc. I am certain that the Combat Animation Enhancement directions are correct. If the Polished Landscapes directions do not work, post in EITHER the Support or Bug Report thread (likely the Support thread would be best) with exactly what went wrong when you tried to follow the directions about the graphical enhancements. I'm unsure what files are edited there, so monnikje (or Duh) will need to respond when they have a chance.

Alex Dragon said:
No, this will not work at all. I've posted the directions above because they are what will work. Stray from them at your own risk...the reason this pack was so time-intensive for monnikje to put together and has the potential for so many script/coding errors is because slapping files around like this is not sufficient to making a working compilation.

This thread is about how to use the BASIC pack with other mods, not about removing things from or otherwise editing the Expanded pack.

Thank you for telling me what to do Caba`drin !  :razz: :razz: :razz:
I do that right now

Iv tried to compine Open source project and flores basic mod pack since the extended wont work since it crash pretty quickly after you start playing. But this OSP and basic mod combine crash when the first loading on the game it wont get even in the start menu. And its whining a problem in item_kind1.text file and iv tried to check it and cant think any problem. Iv followed your guide to compine and the guide inside basic mod back conserning item_kind1.text and mdoue.ini files what needs to done to those but still it whines an unexpected error in item_kind1.text
any idea what could went wrong?

Hi there! You d' better check again and again your items_kind1.txt file. I recieved the same error several times until I managed to fix that file. Pasting the lines might mess them up and remember to check the number at the beginning. But I'm no expert, so let's come to my problem:

I merged diplomacy and Floris basic and it works fine, but now I have a load of brand new items but I am the only one who can use them. Can i download a troop tree with updated troops? If yes, which one?

RalliX's is definitely compatible - http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2253 - but I am unsure if he used the new equipment to make the troops. (Similarly, the Pike&Blade addon to Diplomacy is compatible, but it definitely doesn't use the new items.)

EDIT: My initial response was not thought-through. I apologize. There is one issue that you will need to deal with with Diplomacy: it adds new troops in the form of the constable, chamberlain, and chancellor. This will throw off the indexing of troops unless the merge was done at the source-code. It will not work to just plop in the troops.txt and party_templates.txt files because they will be referring to the wrong troops. I'll respond again if I have an easy solution.

You could try pada's as it already includes the proper Diplomacy troops, in the correct place. You should be able to tell if it is working by what troops are running around in bandit parties, I think. Oh...and if you try pada's, only use the troops.txt and the party_templates.txt files.

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I tried pada's troop tree using those 2 files only, and now my game crashes every time I try to load a saved game or start a new one.  :cry:

EDIT
I used the item_kinds1.txt file included in pada's troop tree dowload, that fixed the crash, it seems this new file includes several items I didn't get installing the floris basic pack. Troops now have their new names and I suppose new items too, but the whole map is messed up, the infamous [kingdom's end!] appeared and suddently I became the ruler of Swadia.  :lol:

I wasn't sure if it would work or not. You could try a new game, as that would have a better likelihood of working without the glitches you mentioned, but it may very well be that there aren't any new troop trees compatible.

Back
Top Bottom