"I will drink from your skull!" (80)

Users who are viewing this thread

estevesbk

Sergeant
Man, wtf is that:

mb4pn.jpg

Have you ever seen something like that, sea raiders grouped with an army? =P

Playing Warband 1.134 + Diplomacy since day 1...

Yeah, you get wierd behaviour with rescued prisoners & parties joining existing battles & stuff like that.

The best is when you see groups of farmers who've aquired like 20 or 30 outlaws somehow

Larmantine said:
Propably sea raiders who have won manhunters who have won deserters :grin:

No way manhunters beat those deserters, manhunters only beat looters for the most part unless they vastly outnumber them.  My guess from looking at the prisoners, is that a large vaegir army and swadian army fought, with the vaegirs barely winning, then encountered a large group of searaiders and lost.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE MANHUNTERS!!! They are the best troops in calradia, of course, if you use them. think of all the gold they can make by knocking out troops and making them prisoners of war... ahhh sweet.

Well, I'll need to raise an army to face them anyway... But yes, Swadian Knights + Sea Raiders is quite weird o_O

I made a thread about this a while ago after seeing Sarranids merging with sea raiders  :???:
Most people seemed to think it was due to them rescuing prisoners of another party, still confusing to me though

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148934.0.html

Yeah but the most funny part I think it's that it's not saying "deserters" or a lord's army full of sea raiders, but it's actually considered by the game a group of sea raiders. So if they meet me it's "I will drink from your skull"! =P

Edit: BTW besides the army that I'm finally rising to conquer my own Kingdom they may be the only swadians left...

It's just incredible how without any interference of mine (I'm following the hard path, will begin my Kingdom without even becoming a vassal first of anyone) Swadia tends to be wiped out in the day of 250-300.

I have noticed that about Swadia as well. I think its because there territory is very big (not castles & stuff, the land itself) and its much harder to defend. The fact that they have a border with every faction does not help either.
Also, the swadian lords have that smallest number of top tier troops in there army's compared to other lords in different factions. 

On topic:
A similar thing happened to Hugles. He started adding troops to manhunter party's to help them get rid of bandits in his kingdom. The result is very interesting, read all about it:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137917.15.html

I had something very similar to this, only on a much larger scale.
I was defending Shariz from about 1500 Sarranids (whilst playing as a Rhodok vasal), but unfortunately there were a few Sarranids hiding behind the downed siege tower and I was unconscious at the time (Diplomacy Battle Continuation ftw!) so I was forced to order my men to retreat.

I then engaged the Sarranids as they fled, but, unbeknown to me Sultan Hakim was riding towards me.
Hakim had been absent in the siege and thus still had his full army...
Needless to say he kicked my ass as my men were mostly unfit for battle, BUT I did manage to salvage the day with a mere 17 troops still standing....
That's when the desert raiders attacked.

It turns out that while I was chasing down the defeated Emir's I had marched dangerously close to a Desert bandit hide out.

So here I was, with 17 battle weary troops and over 75 elite Sarranid prisoners (thanks Tweak MB), facing 50 mounted bandits.

The funny thing was, even though I was defeated by the bandits, in the long run they ended up helping me.
Their army was of a much higher-caliber than the surrounding Sarranids' and they wreaked havoc amongst the Sarranid towns and villages for many months.

The last time I saw that particular group was a week or two ago in game. I hope that they're still out there, kicking Sarranid ass, but I fear they may have met their end at the hands of a Sarranid war party that made their way towards Shariz a few days ago.

Theory here: I take out my elite manhunters and troll around taking sea raider prisoners. If I have maxed prisoner management and take all the sea raiders I can hostage, I can then ditch my army and walk around with like 50+ Prisoners and find a looter party or something. Then die ===> Looters obtain 50 Sea Raiders ===> Rinse Repeat ===> ??? ===> PROFIT!!!

Until SUPER LOOTERS RULE CALRADIA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom