[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Sebastian_ said:
Heyho...
Even if this tool isn't longer in development, I want to report a bug of the current version.

"agent_get_bone_position" does not work properly.
It just initializes the specific position at x=0 y=0 z=0, doesn't matter which agent, position or bone I use.

Hopefully it gets fixed somehow.
Cheers!

Operation works fine. You must be doing something wrong. Remember that this operation gives you local position of the bone, which should be then converted to global position using agent's position. Like this:

Code:
(agent_get_position,pos2,":agent"),
(agent_get_bone_position,pos1,":agent",hb_head),
(position_transform_position_to_parent,pos1,pos2,pos1),

cmpxchg8b said:
Can't really find the time to update this (and 1.158 is not even the final patch), so here's the source.
Use it however you want, just don't expect me to do tech support. :smile:

I love you. I asked the same guy on Twitter if he expects any more patches to come for the PC. Will you be updating when it's pretty obvious it's the last patch? It seems that the only reason patches have been coming to M&B:WB recently on PC is because of the push for releasing it on mobile as well - they decide to just go back and fix things they find problems with while moving over to mobile because why not?

Nord Champion said:
zelxi said:
Is anyone actively trying/going to update this to the latest version?

Just wondering.

People have, but only for their mods, I'm pretty sure. I would do it, but I have no clue how to start.
Try downloading Visual Studio Express and compiling the project, then do small tweaks and make them compile, then try to understand small parts of the codebase, using Internet as reference, getting some background of their inner workings, then do a bit of reverse engineering to the M&B engine. Then try to see how the hooking mechanism works and why depends quite explicitly on very minor changes. Then modify it and update the offsets and data structures or add new operations for the already existing version.

Not very easy or straightforward. But the low level stuff has been reduced to the bare minimum, it's all Cpp, just like the game itself.

greetings.
i would like to modify the game so the corpses on the battlefield dont disappear,or at least reduce the amount that do. is wse the thing to do that,if its possible? many thanks.

Swyter said:
Nord Champion said:
zelxi said:
Is anyone actively trying/going to update this to the latest version?

Just wondering.

People have, but only for their mods, I'm pretty sure. I would do it, but I have no clue how to start.
Try downloading Visual Studio Express and compiling the project, then do small tweaks and make them compile, then try to understand small parts of the codebase, using Internet as reference, getting some background of their inner workings, then do a bit of reverse engineering to the M&B engine. Then try to see how the hooking mechanism works and why depends quite explicitly on very minor changes. Then modify it and update the offsets and data structures or add new operations for the already existing version.

Not very easy or straightforward. But the low level stuff has been reduced to the bare minimum, it's all Cpp, just like the game itself.

I really just, like many others, want to use the corpse function :razz:, I have some basic knowledge of programming but I feel like I don't have the time and will to make/learn it. How long do you think it would take? Not adding anything new, just making it compatible with the latest WB version.

EDIT: Apparently the link to the source is dead... crap Works fine now :grin:

Your latest "inofficial" update seems not to work with Windows XP anymore.
I had to set up a workaround with the older files to get our mod working with XP.

XP user who reported the bug.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,311498.msg7433561.html#msg7433561

So I have a rather... aggravating problem when trying to use WSE that seems to be entirely unique, as far as I can find.

WSE brings up the launcher, no issues, and asks for my code. IT then claims the activation server cannot be contacted, so I try the manual code. It accepts the code. Then it closes the entire program. The trial version works perfectly well, as does the non-WSE version. I'm not entirely sure where the issue lies.

this thread has been a very confusing one so after all that reading this just don't support the latest warband version and so i can't use the fire arrow effect with particles that im planning to. ti_on_init_missle just don't work in my script. so much betrayal

How the play_bink_file works ?

I've done something:

Code:
(play_bink_file, "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Project/anno_domini_prologue.bik"),

but,the path will show a various things.For example my and your path may not to be same.how can i fix that ?

Code:
play_bink_file                = 3025 #(play_bink_file, <path_from_module_directory>, [<duration_in_ms>]), #Plays a .bik file located at <path_from_module_directory>. If [<duration_in_ms>] is not set the full movie will be played

I think it should be sth like:
(play_bink_file, "anno_domini_prologue.bik"),
###C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Project/anno_domini_prologue.bik

but it also means you could do>

(play_bink_file, "bikFiles/1stCampaign/underworldMission/anno_domini_prologue.bik"),
###C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Project/binkFiles/1stCampaign/underworldMission/anno_domini_prologue.bik"),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom