[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I've stopped development of my mod, since for now - it's unlikely that we are going to get the new version of WSE

Maybe - just release the source code and allow the community to do the rest?

cmp did say that he could share the source with someone interested in continuing the work on it, provided that this specific someone's got experience in low-level C/++ and memory hacking and stuff.
So I guess that if you're such a someone, you could volunteer.

Lumos said:
cmp did say that he could share the source with someone interested in continuing the work on it, provided that this specific someone's got experience in low-level C/++ and memory hacking and stuff.
So I guess that if you're such a someone, you could volunteer.

I've asked him for that 5 months ago through PM, no answer :smile:

I know it's not a good time for requests, but you already did so much magic stuff, that I just cant resist... :wink:

Would it be possible to add operations that would force saving/loading game? Say:

(save_game, <save_slot_no>),
(save_game_and_exit, <save_slot_no>),
(load_game, <save_slot_no>),

This would allow to replace the old and awful M&B save screen with a custom presentation, since there's "wse_game_saved" script and your dictionary operations we will be able to create save game system that is much better looking and giving much more information to player. By that, it would help in making some more advanced and creative singleplayer mods.

If it's possible and not hard to do, it would great to have such thing even in the 3.2.x WSE version (in case you won't be able to update WSE to current Warband version).

Just relax and let cmpxchg8b decide what he will implement or not. Sometimes it takes a lot less time to add some simple (but usefull) feature than to fix some bug. It does not harm to ask for some small favors, especially in current situation, when all are hoping for cmpxchg8b to update WSE to 1.158 Warband version, which requires a lot of hard work and lot of hours spend.

I have a question related to WSE.

I want to use it with floris 2.55 (which I asume is no issue) and run it in fullscreen windowed mode.
Without WSE I have been using a autohotkey script that detects the window and makes it proper windowed fullscreen because trying to just maximize it creates a weird bug where your cursor appears to be higher on the screen than it actually is - making it really hard to click on things. I also don't want to use normal fullscreen because warband seems to crash occationally when you alt-tab, and I alt-tab a LOT to check maps, stats, troop-trees and whatnot.

It seems that the script ive used without WSE does not work for some reason when I use it with WSE. I don't know for sure, but it seems it does not recognize the name of the window it is supposed to fullscreen despite it having the same name regardless of using WSE or not.

In short: Does anyone have a working script or other method for running WSE windowsed fullscreen? I want to try and reduce the occational crashes I get that happen when I've been playing for a long time without restarts.

Alternatively - is there any way to set up some sort of autosave feature? That would be just as good as an occational crash wouldn't make me lose hours of progress if I've been lax about saving.

-Stigma

stigma said:
I have a question related to WSE.

I want to use it with floris 2.55 (which I asume is no issue) and run it in fullscreen windowed mode.
Without WSE I have been using a autohotkey script that detects the window and makes it proper windowed fullscreen because trying to just maximize it creates a weird bug where your cursor appears to be higher on the screen than it actually is - making it really hard to click on things. I also don't want to use normal fullscreen because warband seems to crash occationally when you alt-tab, and I alt-tab a LOT to check maps, stats, troop-trees and whatnot.

It seems that the script ive used without WSE does not work for some reason when I use it with WSE. I don't know for sure, but it seems it does not recognize the name of the window it is supposed to fullscreen despite it having the same name regardless of using WSE or not.

In short: Does anyone have a working script or other method for running WSE windowsed fullscreen? I want to try and reduce the occational crashes I get that happen when I've been playing for a long time without restarts.

Alternatively - is there any way to set up some sort of autosave feature? That would be just as good as an occational crash wouldn't make me lose hours of progress if I've been lax about saving.

-Stigma

I guess you could try searching by process name and attaching to the sole existing window. Or even searching by window class may do the trick. I'm pretty sure AHK has many ways of doing just that.

It's a GUI scripting framework after all. A pretty good one.

cmpxchg8b said:
Can't really find the time to update this (and 1.158 is not even the final patch), so here's the source.
Use it however you want, just don't expect me to do tech support. :smile:

Holy Guacamole! That's a hell of a reverse engineering job. So much assembler, and VS dependent code.

By the way, I also made an injector, in my case I just patch the IATs of the game and pixel shader (*.pp) loader, and works like a dinput8 proxy (so no loader needed) with trampoline exports. It isn't anything as fancy as yours but is still useful (it gives Warband-level modularity to 1.011), small and I've learned a lot, it's compatible with every M&B version too. Here's the source code.

If Richard Stallman ever takes a look to your license he'll have a seizure. :smile:

Hey, was wondering if anyone already burned his hands on porting wse?
This is not to ask when is it going to be ready, more likely i would ask if we could join forces.
Im bussy atm and i think i am getting there with very tiny steps.
But if there is someone here already bussy it would be great if he had the same intentions.
So pm me if youre intrested.

Heyho...
Even if this tool isn't longer in development, I want to report a bug of the current version.

"agent_get_bone_position" does not work properly.
It just initializes the specific position at x=0 y=0 z=0, doesn't matter which agent, position or bone I use.

Hopefully it gets fixed somehow.
Cheers!

Even though this is no longer being developed. Today, it just popped my head all in a sudden. That how beautiful it would be if we could use global variables or slots as the firing parameters for triggers. (Specially for missions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom