Quest Suggestions - Europe 1200 Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I have a new quest.

You find a man in a tavern, the man tells you that he needs to go to a spesific town where he have a friend/relative that is sic and that he need to atend to. Wold only make you go to towns in the vicinity as it wold be ulikely that a man you meet in Paris have a relative in Jerusalem that he heard of where sic(takes a while for the mail to arive) so he wold go to a town close to the town where the quest was given.

Reson he asks you is that the man thinks there is to dangerus to travel on the road alone so he seeks shelter in your party.

Payment would consist of 100 denars? and a small relation boos with the 2 towns. EDIT: mabe also a small honor boost?

Quest is mainly for players in the begining of the game looking for gold where ever they might find it.

Perhaps that could be added as a new dialogue option for the "traveller" character that appears in tavers from time to time and sells information about companions and claimants... It would make him a *little* more interesting.

erik_3e said:
I think I have a new quest.

You find a man in a tavern, the man tells you that he needs to go to a spesific town where he have a friend/relative that is sic and that he need to atend to. Wold only make you go to towns in the vicinity as it wold be ulikely that a man you meet in Paris have a relative in Jerusalem that he heard of where sic(takes a while for the mail to arive) so he wold go to a town close to the town where the quest was given.

Reson he asks you is that the man thinks there is to dangerus to travel on the road alone so he seeks shelter in your party.

Payment would consist of 100 denars? and a small relation boos with the 2 towns. EDIT: mabe also a small honor boost?

Quest is mainly for players in the begining of the game looking for gold where ever they might find it.

Woolridge said:
Perhaps that could be added as a new dialogue option for the "traveller" character that appears in tavers from time to time and sells information about companions and claimants... It would make him a *little* more interesting.

Both are good ideas. Anyways, I think I will try to make the two village elder quests tommorow, and possibly some other features if there is time (could be both these suggestions).

Thanks for the suggestions so far, it actually helps more than you'd think. I wouldn't think of these quests myself, so some inspiration from the outside is good :smile:

Quest type: General Lord quest similar to the guild master quest.

A lord sends you to find a rare item as a gift or for a feast.  A western lord might ask for a rare (in western Europe) eastern food like dates or cinnamon, or possibly silk for a garment.  An Eastern lord might ask for English Wool or strong lumber or steel.  Perhaps some eastern lords might ask you to sneak them some French wine (seeing as how Muslims are not supposed to drink). 

Seeing as how the guild master quest would give you lots of money, this mission should give more relationship boost with little monetary gain.

Im not sure if its possible but Il make it a sugestion anyways.

Wold it be possible to take quests from random(or spesific that walks around) peapel walking around town?

In that case you culd have 2 quests that are the same(same dialog and all) but in one of the quests you will be lured into some sort of trap and in the other you will actualy be needed to help the quest giver.

What this quest might be I havent figured out yett. Will think about it for a while.

Aliksander said:

A lord sends you to find a rare item as a gift or for a feast.  A western lord might ask for a rare (in western Europe) eastern food like dates or cinnamon, or possibly silk for a garment.  An Eastern lord might ask for English Wool or strong lumber or steel.  Perhaps some eastern lords might ask you to sneak them some French wine (seeing as how Muslims are not supposed to drink). 

Seeing as how the guild master quest would give you lots of money, this mission should give more relationship boost with little monetary gain.

Could work, again the problem is the distances vs worth. I don't know any people who do the "deliver cattle to a town 1000 years away" quests, but I sure as hell don't, which I doubt anyone will do on a map that's 5x bigger than the last one. In all I think that the quest just wouldn't be good to make because nobody would play it.

erik_3e said:
What this quest might be I havent figured out yett. Will think about it for a while.

Let me know when you figure something out :razz:

Cruger said:
Aliksander said:

Could work, again the problem is the distances vs worth. I don't know any people who do the "deliver cattle to a town 1000 years away" quests, but I sure as hell don't, which I doubt anyone will do on a map that's 5x bigger than the last one. In all I think that the quest just wouldn't be good to make because nobody would play it.

erik_3e said:

Well maybe you can make the reward somewhat unique.  For example, doing this quest might make the lord more amenable to accepting you as a consort for his daughter, or he offers to speak on your behalf to get you into a tournament circuit team in his country you don't yet qualify for. 

Or he spreads the word about how good you are at getting goods from abroad (raising your trading skill).  I know I would do this quest for a free skill point.

I have an idea for a quest given by a city guildmaster: Exploit the market.

Explanation and background: All is about control the market of a certain product (like companies does with gold, diamond or even petrol) by having a lot of this product stored, so the few of them that you sell will cost more.
This kind of mission could have and extra dificult to do, because each city should have only few products to control (for example, north europe cities wont ask you to bring them X olives).

Conversation draft:
- You ask a guildmaster for a job.
- The guildmaster tells you 'one page' about the city productions / actual markets.
- In the second page he ask you to bring a lot, and I mean A LOT, of a certain product. Obviously you can chose the way you get them (razing, buying, robbing).

Possible rewards:
- The guildmaster tells you that your efforts are well recognised by the merchants and they will use them to the good of the city's people, then you can choose: The usual money + X reputation; Get the reputation one and a half times, with no money.
- Also the lord of the city may look good in your acts (so he will have higher income), or may look at you like an outsider trying to get the people's aid (so he'll send an assasin after you, or just drop his relationship... actually, both of them are cool  :wink:).

Actually, the previous post sgould be the second mission in a chain. Because you can exploit the market after you put a foot in it.

The first mission can be sometinhg about breaking the rivals control of that market: Raiding the villages of others guilds; Robbing certain caravans that are camping somewhere; Or just walking in a rival city talking **** about them (with the risk of talking to the worng person and being kicked in the face).

Don't have it clear in the mind, anyway I think it's a interest point of view because almost all the misions are about war.

Another idea: The final reward for a loooong chain of 'economy' quest may be X denards per month. (Being X calculated from the rich level of the city).

Aliksander said:
Cruger said:
Aliksander said:

erik_3e said:

Well maybe you can make the reward somewhat unique.  For example, doing this quest might make the lord more amenable to accepting you as a consort for his daughter, or he offers to speak on your behalf to get you into a tournament circuit team in his country you don't yet qualify for. 

Or he spreads the word about how good you are at getting goods from abroad (raising your trading skill).  I know I would do this quest for a free skill point.

His daughter in exchange for silk or wine? Really?

Chusquero said:
I have an idea for a quest given by a city guildmaster: Exploit the market.

Explanation and background: All is about control the market of a certain product (like companies does with gold, diamond or even petrol) by having a lot of this product stored, so the few of them that you sell will cost more.
This kind of mission could have and extra dificult to do, because each city should have only few products to control (for example, north europe cities wont ask you to bring them X olives).

Conversation draft:
- You ask a guildmaster for a job.
- The guildmaster tells you 'one page' about the city productions / actual markets.
- In the second page he ask you to bring a lot, and I mean A LOT, of a certain product. Obviously you can chose the way you get them (razing, buying, robbing).

Possible rewards:
- The guildmaster tells you that your efforts are well recognised by the merchants and they will use them to the good of the city's people, then you can choose: The usual money + X reputation; Get the reputation one and a half times, with no money.
- Also the lord of the city may look good in your acts (so he will have higher income), or may look at you like an outsider trying to get the people's aid (so he'll send an assasin after you, or just drop his relationship... actually, both of them are cool  :wink:).

Hmmm... I'm afraid no one in 1200 had the means to control the market. After all, we're talking of a dual kind of economy: local trade webs are almost totally independent from "bigger" webs. There were plenty of local traders, peasants who packed their production and went to the market to sell it, artisans selling their pottery, carpentery, etc. But also, some (not a lot) merchants travelled long distances to bring other products.

In 1280-1300, this long-run trade would grow a lot and become usual, but as for 1200, it was still not very developed. Castille's wool still wasn't sold in Flanders, Polish grain still didn't feed the Aragonese towns...

A very interesting mission, however, would be the following one:

The guildmaster of a town (or the village elder) you have enough relations with asks you to raid a certain caravan that the game will generate. "The caravan will pass close to X. Raid it and bring their goods to me". Its good should be certain good lacking in the town. The owner of the caravan is a speculator who's in his way to lock those goods up waiting for the proper time to release them. The player, of course, can always steal those goods and keep them for himself, selling them in other towns.

Another mission, given by a merchant in the tavern, could be the other way around: you're told to attack a caravan or raid a village and get a certain kind of good (what they produce the most). "Those villagers are producing and sneaking it without my consent, lowering the price". But when you get to the village, they tell you to do what's right and take the merchant down, finishing his reign of high prices and low amount of goods. You first raid his caravan, take the goods to the village and then... I don't know, you enter the town and he tries to kill you with his thugs. Like one of those bandits, but a lot more.

Some raw ideas:

- The usual mission about kill a villain that is hidden somewhere in a village, but more than one villain (copy, pasta and edit few things I think).

- Another mission given by your king: Preventive measures.
Explanation and background:
The king isn't happy with the rising power of one of his lords, so he calls you to set an ambush over the patrols controled by this dangerous lord.
The game can generate few patrols rolling close to the castles owned by the lord, also if the lord are close to the battle you'll have to fight with him too.
The thing I'm not clear is if this mission should kick the relation with the kingdom a bit, or rise it because your're following kings orders.

Conversation draft:
- You ask the king for a job.
- The king tells you 'one page' about the most powerful lords in the kingdom. And that one certain lords has not respected the maximum troops allowed to him. (King is upset and quite scared).
- In the second page he ask you to remember to a lord that the king's words are law.
- Maybe you can go and tell all to the lord? Isn't historically acurate to start a revolution?

Possible rewards:
- If followed kings orders: Relation boost with him; Relation drop with the lord. Also, the patrol loot can be good.
- If talked to lord: Huge relation boost with the lord (who tells you that the soldiers will be hidden, and pays you to tell that those soldiers were just ercenaries passing throught or whatever); And, depending in your persuasion abnd the king's one (when you are triying to lie him) you will have a point of boosted relation / moderate drop.

Chusquero said:
- Another mission given by your king: Preventive measures.
Explanation and background:
The king isn't happy with the rising power of one of his lords, so he calls you to set an ambush over the patrols controled by this dangerous lord.
The game can generate few patrols rolling close to the castles owned by the lord, also if the lord are close to the battle you'll have to fight with him too.
The thing I'm not clear is if this mission should kick the relation with the kingdom a bit, or rise it because your're following kings orders.

Mmmm... You have a wrong idea of politics and military in the Middle Ages. The king was powerless to counter the rise of a powerful vassal. There you have William of Normandy, who became King of England. There you have Henry II, son of the Count of Anjou...

But it's not a bad idea. I like it, if it's applied only to kings (or even any lord who wants to take his dog out and **** on the neightbour's beautiful garden) with a certain characteristic (ruthless, etc), and the target would be a lord with whom he has bad relations (less than 50? than 30?)

Conversation draft:
- You ask the king for a job.
- The king tells you 'one page' about the most powerful lords in the kingdom. And that one certain lords has not respected the maximum troops allowed to him. (King is upset and quite scared).
- In the second page he ask you to remember to a lord that the king's words are law.
- Maybe you can go and tell all to the lord? Isn't historically acurate to start a revolution?

There was no such thing as a troop limit. And it's not an accurate way to start a revolution. A rebellion, maybe, but even that would be weird. When King John introduced higher taxes among the nobility (and not the common people, as the movies often show), he suffered a huge rebellion that forced him to sign the Magna Carta. Which was essentially a constitution saying "the nobles can do whatever they want". At the same time, more or less, the nobles in Aragon were establishin the same thing in the Courts of Lleida, because the king, Jaume, was a kid. And in Hungary the noble also rebelled against King Ándrás and made him sign the Golden Bull, which is the Magyar Magna Carta.

A quest regarding this noble unrest and the further success of this rebellion would be interesting, however.

Don't take it wrong, your ideas are very useful, since they make me think "how this can be fit in the XIIIth Century..."

Take care!

You are hurting my pride! jajaja. Nah seriously, the next idea will be contrasted and realistic historically.

I dont take it worng, even if you are Catalan xD (I'n in Malaga).

Cèsar de Quart said:
Aliksander said:
Cruger said:
Aliksander said:

erik_3e said:

Ummm.... I didn't say that.  I said he would be more amenable, as in if before the quest he said 'no friggin way', afterwards he would say, 'if I can't even get the local butcher to marry her then you'd be next in line!'.  If before your chance of him agreeing were 5% now it would be 10%.  Not that he would GIVE you his daughter just for running an errand.  Besides I gave other options (like the trading skill point) that would certainly make sense.

Aliksander said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Aliksander said:
Cruger said:
Aliksander said:

erik_3e said:

Ummm.... I didn't say that.  I said he would be more amenable, as in if before the quest he said 'no friggin way', afterwards he would say, 'if I can't even get the local butcher to marry her then you'd be next in line!'.  If before your chance of him agreeing were 5% now it would be 10%.  Not that he would GIVE you his daughter just for running an errand.  Besides I gave other options (like the trading skill point) that would certainly make sense.

I just don't think that a lord would give his daughter in marriage to his main silk/wine trader, whatever amoun of rare goods he has brought to his castle. Or make him further favour, more than making him pay less taxes, maybe.

This mission is clearly not for a nobleman player, so the whole "speak of him in a tournament circle" is a not really an option.

Ok so this is a possible quest if you decide to include religion.

Quest taken from the pope.
He asks you if you can bring messege to one or both kings of 2 christian kingdoms that are at war and make them sue for peace.

Succed this quest and gett a relation boost with the pope and mabe a smal loos of relations to the king that started the war.
Not sure if the pope gave out big rewards of money historicaly but mabe a significant amount for succeding the quest wold be ok?

Mabe you have to gain some relations with the pope before he ask you to do this quest.

This is a quest that is in original warband but I thught about some modifications in it for this mod.

The quest where you are going to hunt down a villain in a village, why not make so that you getts the eqipement from him if you manage to kill him.

And to make it harder make it so that he has 2 guards/fellow villains with him or something like that mabe.

Back
Top Bottom