Mount and Blade vs Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

jecjackal

Regular
I already have played Warband but I never played the original. Its on sale at Steam right now and I'm curious as to what the difference between the two games are?

Thanks,

Jec

When we're talking about the Native game here, Warband is probably just better, but the original Mount&Blade is still played for the mods. It has quite a lot more of them than Warband has. It may also be better for people who like to play as a mounted swordsman: the rigidity of the old animations makes it a lot easier to hit enemies from horseback with swings.

The difference in Native gameplay is rather small, generally speaking Mount&Blade: Not Warband just lacks some features. You cannot become king without mods, you have to collect taxes manually by travelling to your fief, bandits don't have hideouts to attack, there aren't as many quests, the claimant quest is broken, the map is completely different and lacks Sarranid Sultanate, ...

The biggest difference is multiplayer, which was added in Warband. It also brought along a new faction, the Sarranids, some additions and adjustments to combat (for example kicking and using throwing weapons in melee), a new and more open strategic system (I think?), and more items and polishing. In short, I would say Warband is better in pretty much every aspect, which is natural as it is a direct descendant of the original. Of course, you could buy Mount&Blade just to support Taleworlds, but then I would rather buy a t-shirt if I were you.

Aw, beaten by Narrator.

The  biggest difference is Wookies:

WOOKIES.jpg

warband crash more than native who is on his final version...and mb have more mods than wb,but warband had some good features like kicking and sarranid. personally i use native in singleplayer and wb for multiplayer

Back
Top Bottom