Native Completed European Native Mixed 5-a-side - Winners: "My Little Pwnies"

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't find dismounted Khergit Lancers inferior to other infantry, apart from the rather weak shields. Their stats are a tad low compared to other infantry, but as GoldFingero pointed out, they have a unique selection of weapons.

Wow.... I never thought something like this would ever happen.
Thanks for this lust!

I'm not gonna sign up for anything though, gonna look what my fellow clanmates do :smile:.

Lower athletics and no high proficiencies. The main reason I didn't include them in the first place was because of their weakness in urban maps, and the impact that would have on the sudden death round. For example Rhodoks, vs Khergits in Port Assault. In a 5 vs 5 game, I'm not really concerned too much about their mounted advantage, so I don't plan on adding restrictions like: "two of you can't mount horses" or whatever.

If Khergits are in, they'll be Khergits.

@Coffee: Ads in the second post, you're welcome to enquire about joining Team Lust :grin: (working title).

Hethwill said:
captain lust said:
Khergits are in, they'll be Khergits.

Ah, good news.

Sneaky steppe rats.

Arcas Nebun said:
But what if guys from the same clan just change their names and make a team?

Then those people ought to be regarded as sad individuals. If anyone suspects foul play, they should come straight to me and I'll have to try and investigate as best I can but hopefully, it won't be an issue.

Teams containing players that are deemed to have temporarily "left the clan", in order to play together will not be allowed:

[Quote author=Team Regulations]No more than 2 players, from any one clan, may be in a team together. Obviously, there are workarounds to this but if I judge that any team setup is not "in the spirit" of the tournament, I will ask that it dissemble.[/quote]

I deliberately made this rule vague. Consider it a no-dicks rule.

Great idea Lusty!
But I thing it could be better and easier enlarge the restriction to 3 same-clan-players in 8 men team, otherwise it could become hard to get enough people and schedule the matches, take the NPL as example where big clans sometimes find hard to arrange a date that's good to both teams, if we'll have to find a good date to get 2 full team of 5 men it can become painful.
That can become easier with team of 8, 5 players and 3 reserves, so there will be more playable days, but it's hard  (at least for me, but I guess even for other guys too) to make up a team of 8 with the same-clan restriction at 2, unless you want to force people to randomly pick up players :mrgreen:

Hey Astinus, glad you like the idea.

However, I won't budge on those restrictions. Each team should have members from at least 3 different clans playing in every match. It might take a little more organisation but I'm planning on giving 5-7 days for teams to play each match. Personally, I think that's plenty and you have about a month to get a team together - which, again, is more than enough time.

About the 2 players from the same clan rule;
How about changing it to 2 players from the same clan on the battlefield?
That way you could have more players from the same clan as reserves in the 8 man squad.

@Bald: lol, I knew that suggestion would come, after my last post. I say, leave the rules as they are. People should be embracing the fresh nature of the tournament. I think I struck a happy medium, accounting for the feasability of assembling a team and the removal of clan aspects. Sorry, but I won't budge.

Now who's going to submit the first team? :razz:

captain lust said:
@Bald: lol, I knew that suggestion would come, after my last post. I say, leave the rules as they are. People should be embracing the fresh nature of the tournament. I think I struck a happy medium, accounting for the feasability of assembling a team and the removal of clan aspects. Sorry, but I won't budge.

Now who's going to submit the first team? :razz:
What difference does it make if you can only use two of a clan in the match anyway? There's no way to clan stack it by having 3 or 4 members of your clan in a team, it just means you're more likely to always be able to play with a buddy if you and/or they have busy schedules.

@M: This tournament was designed to help tighten the community and familiarize clans with one another. I'm happy with the way the rules are now. Again, I'm not budging on this, so there's really no need to discuss it.

@Crazy: I'm thinking of including individual players in the Advert section too. Post some more info (such as location, preferred class and some contact details), then I'll add you once I've made the alterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom