B Native [WB] The Extended Factions Mod: COMPETITION: Guess the Troop Type!

Which of the new factions are you going to try first?

• Nihon Shogunate

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Halrond Confederation

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Crown of Lyonesse

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • Vorrok Clans

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Basileia Euriae

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Quetzl Tribes

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Szabzla Union

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • Himanchian Dynasty

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Garwall States

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all.  Here's the beta release.      http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2449  Be warned, it's not very good as this was before the team joined me.  So this was just me, a shedload of OSP packs and way too much time on my hands.  :lol:

factionsrevised.jpg

A chart showing all the factions, their heraldry and their real-world theme.

And here's the sub-board on Exilian where most of the work will be shown. http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/3007560/

The new factions (All locations will likely be changed with the advent of the new map.):   

The Nihon Shogunate:
Not a very original name but it gets the point across.  Situated to the south of the Saranids, the Nihon Shogunate are inspired by the Japanese culture and have three towns.  Kanjii, Katakana and Hiragana.  Yes I just picked the first Japanese words my sister could find off the internet but hey?  Samurai, Ashigaru, Yabusame and more are to be found.  (I've noticed from another couple of mods that feature Samurai that TaleWorlds has some real students of Japanese history.  I must state now that this is a. not historical and b. I know crap-all about Japanese history.  But that doesn't matter to me.  Samurai are cool.  :cool: Their colour is dark blue.

The Crown of Lyonesse:
I know the name doesn't imply it but hey, these guys are based off medieval Spain.  Jinetes, Almughavars, Rodeleros all make an appearance.  The colour is bright red and they are also in the desert between the Rhodoks and the Sarranids more or less. 

The Vorrok Clans:
I asked Jubal about the name and he said it was fine. :grin: I got it from his excellent Southern Realms mod. (That mod was great except the bears.  They never worked for me.)  The stereotypical medieval highlanders.  Their colour is brown and the are situated to the north of the Vaegirs.

The Halrond Confederation:
Ok these guys have an odd name that may or may not be changed completely up to you guys.  They are based off medieval welsh, irish and english.  I was originally going to put the scotsmen in here too but my sister likes the Scottish accent so they got a faction of their own.  They are in between Rhodoks and Swadia and are greyish blue.

Unreleased Factions:
The Szabzla Union:
These guys are based off medieval Polish, mainly because who doesn't like Winged Hussars, right? :grin:  You'll find several types of infantry to back up the glorious Hussaria on the charge.

The Garwall States:
Based off India, specifically the Rajput era.  You'll find good archers, and great infantry and cavalry in the form of the Garwall Rajputs and Garwall Sipahi respectively.

The Himanchian Dynasty:
Basically these are going to be China during the Yuan and Ming dynasties.  Sort of.  I don't know all that much about Chinese so they may or may not be that close to history.  Which is I suppose a good thing.  These factions are loosely based off history, not complete carbon copies.

The Quetzl Tribes:
Some sort of odd amalgamation of Native American cultures with strong Aztec and Comanche influences.  This faction will answer my question, what would have happened if these guys developed metalworking to any great extent?  Using cutting edge software (What is this Deadliest Warrior? :grin: ) we will... Nah I'm kidding I'm just tossing them in here for ****s and giggles.

The Basileia Euriae:
My good friend Negro of Serbia had an excellent idea.  Byzantines in M&B.  So this will be them.  A loose Roman influence with way too much Ancient Greece for the time period and Corinthian Helms.  Cause everyone likes Corinthian Helms right? :razz:

+5 Secret Factions. Who will they be?

The new Progress List:
Implemented new factions: 15 factions more or less working in SP with another 5 completely implemented in MP.
New Towns: Pretty much complete.
New Castles: Are in the process of being done.
New Villages: Are in the process of being done. On the plus side, all of these new locations are named, either seriously or with some rare inside jokes that generally will go unnoticed unless you speak the language. Oh, except for Daimyo Suzuki of the Nihon Shogunate. That was just me being silly.
New Lords: 100%
New Ladies: 100%
Troop trees: 100%
Outfitting Troops: Probably about 70%. MP troops are complete, SP troops... some are copies of the Swadians....  :oops: I'm working on it. 
Reinforcements and all that stuff: Done
New Items: 100% I think.  Many new items are already included, mainly from OSP packs.  The Quetzl Tribes need new helmets.  On the other hand, thanks to Negro of Serbia, Zimke Zvoljni and Rigadoon, we're getting there.
Recolour Existing Factions: 100%
New troops for existing factions: 100% but I will gladly take suggestions from others if they wish for a certain troop in game. In fact please give suggestions as I want this mod to be for everyone.  Ask Negro of Serbia.  :grin: I won't bite.  Most of the time...
New Landmass: Pretty much complete. I have had sea travel before the "Incident." This will be redone before the new release.
New Claimants: 20%. It has been started but is on hold until I get in touch with Jubal.

The Intrepid Team.
Phoenixguard09: General: Scripting and implementing other people's awesome work.
Dia151: Standard Bearer: Banner maker and general, all-round art man.
Negro of Serbia: Weaponsmith: Ideas man, modeller, damn good at everything.
Uhtred Ragnarson: Loremaster: Writer who's work will be included in later releases.
Zimke Zvoljni: Armourer: Main modeller and texturer.
Rigadoon: Blacksmith: Modeller.
Demonwolf: Cartographer: The awesome new map.

Credits List:
Talak for his weapons.
Shredzorz for the 15th Century Weapons OSP.
The Europe 1200 team for kindly allowing me to use their M&B 1.011 resources.
Dariel for his Indian equipment.
Wanderer949 for the MoreHorse Pack.
Thick 1988 for his Warband Item Variants.
Yamabusi for his Highlander Pack.
Walzou and Shagrath for their Samurai stuff.
Havoc for his bow textures.
Everyone who posted on the [Tutorial] Creating a Faction Thread.  That was a massive help.  Here's a link for whoever is interested.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128647.0.html
TaleWorlds for creating such an awesome game
My sister for creative support
Jubal and everyone else on Exilian for a great community.
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php
JankoMega for the promotional video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvHjdMPMq0&context=C3123c10ADOEgsToPDskLpQw2EpV7e0dmXe9keduY2

I think that's everyone. If you do see any of your own work in the mod, please let me know and I will credit you immediately.  Anyone missed is down to my horrible memory and not through any wish to degrade/steal your work.

I'd recommend changing the name of this mod to something else. Not sure if you know, but the original Native Expansion is being ported to Warband. Once that's done, we will have two "Native Expansion" mods for Warband, which is quite confusing.

Thanks Nameless Warrior, and Captain Octavius, I'll put a poll up with ideas for the name. 

Now for screens. 

vorroks.jpg
The Vorroks familly members and such.  On the other hand no arms and I'm a little stuck on how to declare war.  Does anyone know how I can have say Vorroks and Vaegirs at war with each other from the start? I did find something but I think that it makes the two factions stay at war with each other indefinitely.  Thats not what I want. 

nihon.jpg
The Nihon family members. 

mapshowingvorroks.jpg
So those two towns are the Vorroks territories.  The villages and castles are going to be situated fairly close to the towns. 

mapshowinglyonesse.jpg
The map showing Lyonesse and the Shogunate.  Three towns each for these two.  Don't worry the Lyonessian villages will go back to Sarranid control.  I just haven't implemented the new Lyonessian ones yet. 

mapshowinghalrond.jpg
This map shows the Halrond Confederation.  Don't worry about one of the towns being under Vorroks control.  I made a mistake in Scripts.py. 

lyonesse.jpg
Lyonessian familly members. 

daimyosshowingworkingfa.jpg
Nihon familly members.  This was just to show that I got the ancestor seed working and everything.  Just ignore the Khergit ladies, I'm replacing the names soon. 

EDIT* I've started on the new items. 

Credits:
Excellent Highlander models: Yamabushi
Samurai models: Walzou
New Weapons particularly the Lyonessian ones: Shredzorz
The other new Weapons: Talak
Help with map Coordinates: Swyter in particular.
Morgh and Kefka95 for their excellent tools.  They make modding fun.  :grin:
Everyone who posted on the [Tutorial] Creating a Faction Thread.  That was a massive help.  Here's a link for whoever is interested.

Unfortunately the Samurai models I downloaded were all for original M&B so the meshes don't work.  Bugger.  So unless I suddenly become adept at texturing, new looking Samurai stuff doesn't seem to be happening.  This is what the Samurai look like at the moment.  EDIT* Looking back on it, this was stupid. :grin:  They are working and have been ever since I decided not to be a douche. :grin:

ssamurai.jpg

I have also finished the map.  This is most of it.  As you can see the factions have been recoloured. 

mapwithrecolouredfactio.jpg

These are the factions and colours:

Swadian Empire : Orange
Rhodok Union : Teal
Vaegir Rus : Green
Nordic Kingdom : Yellow
Khergit Khanate : Purple
Sarranid Sultanate : Maroon
Halrond Confederation : Blue-Grey
Nihon Shogunate : Navy
Crown of Lyonesse : Red
Vorrok Tribes : Brown

I appear to have a problem.  I have to test it some more but I think that my horse dies whenever I enter a battle.  I'll check it again but I'm worried.  :sad:

EDIT* And don't worry the Lyonessians are much easier to see in game.  The main problem is teh Vaegirs.  Even changing them from Cream to Green its still hard to see them against the snow. 

I have another pic to share.  I have successfully integrated Yamabushi's Highlander models in.  Unfortuantely everything seems to be a little small but they all look really nice so I suppose it wont matter that much.  This here is a test character I did with one of three targes, the Vorrok Claymore and a one handed axe. 
vorroknoble.jpg

I also have good news.  dia151 has kindly offered to help me with my banner problem.  I bid him a warm welcome to my team.  :roll:  :wink:

EDIT* For the third time :grin:  Yes I definitely do have aproblem with the horse dying every battle.  walking forward immediately makes the horse die.  Well the horse is there but its invisible and its body just flopped onto the ground.  But I can still mount the invisible horse. 

Ignore all this, the information is outdated.

I'm going to have a downloadable alpha version released in the next three days.  It will include a pretty much working multiplayer, and a single player with buggy scenes in all of the new places.  It will also be released with the source code in the hope that someone may be able to fix the horse bug.  EDIT* It's OK I fixed the bug. Woot!!!  :grin: 

I'm aiming for an early christmas release.  Happy holidays everyone. :grin:

EDIT* Here's the updated progress log.  The only reason I didn't Edit the first post was because the forum wouldnt let me. 

Implemented new factions: Doneish.  I have them all working I think but the wars are still alittle screwed. 
New Towns: Done, but the new town's screens are a bit buggy.
New castles: 70%, screens are messed up. 
New Villages: 70%, screens are messed up.
New Lords: 100%
New Ladies: 100% (They're there just gotta rename 'em.)
Troop trees: 100% I think.
Outfitting New Troops: 70% (They're all done in Single Player, just getting the multiplayer player characters done.)
Reinforcements and all that stuff: Done
New Items: 60% (All the clansman items, all the Lyonessian items and most of the Nihon items are done.)
Recolour Existing Factions: 100%
New troops for existing factions: 80% (Khergit infantry line is now in, Swadian Imperial Knights, Rhodok Arbalestiers, Nord Beserkers.  I haven't actually done any more work I just decided to eliminate some of the Merc units I was planning to do.)

Mod Team:
General: Phoenixguard09 (Coding and Implementing other people's awesome stuff)
Standard Bearer: Dia151 (Making New Banners)
Lord of the Flies: Dymetreus (Bug Patrol and Ideas Man)

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2449

Here's the decription.  Of course if you read the bit at the top of the page you'd know all this. 

This mod is an update of the known and loved Native game, with 4 new factions each of which has a very loose basis on a real-world country and/or culture. 

All of the current factions benefit from an updated troop tree (or at least will eventually, I'm sort of lazy. :grin:)
At the moment all factions are available in multiplayer.  The multiplayer isn't exactly balanced.  The Nihon seem to own pretty much everyone and the Khergit Scorpions are extremly good as well.  But this is an alpha and the new items still need to be sorted out. 

The 4 new factions:

The Crown of Lyonesse:​
I know the name doesn't imply it but these guys are based off medieval Spain.  Jinetes, Almughavars, Rodeleros all make an appearance.  The colour is bright red and they are also in the desert between the Rhodoks and the Sarranids more or less. 
The Nihon Shogunate:​
Not a very original name but it gets the point across.  Situated to the south of the Saranids, the Nihon Shogunate are inspired by the Japanese culture and have three towns.  Kanjii, Katakana and Hiragana.  Yes I just picked the first Japanese words my sister could find off the internet but hey?  Samurai, Ashigaru, Yabusame and more are to be found.  (I've noticed from another couple of mods that feature Samurai that TaleWorlds has some real students of Japanese history.  I must state now that this is a. not historical and b. I know crap-all about Japanese history.  But that doesn't matter to me.  Samurai are cool.  Their colour is dark blue.
The Vorroks Clans:​
The name is set to be changed I only used it because I originally got the idea from Jubal's excellent Southern Realms mod.  (That mod was great except the bears.  They never worked for me.)  The stereotypical medieval highlanders.  Their colour is brown and the are situated to the north of the Vaegirs.
The Halrond Confederation:​
They are based off medieval welsh, irish and english.  I was originally going to put the scotsmen in here too but my sister likes the Scottish accent so they got a faction of their own.  They are in between Rhodoks and Swadia and are greyish blue.
I'm considering adding some new factions if I can get someone to possibly extend the map a little.  Not a new one just open the boundries a little and I can scrunch the Native factions a little to make some room.  I'm currently taking suggestions for new factions. 

KNOWN BUGS:
Single Player doesn't really work.  The scenes for all the new places are quite buggy.  And only the Lyonessian troop tree actually has the right items out of the new factions.  All the other new factions are just Swadian clones.  The scenes are not high on my list of priorities but the troop trees are. 
Multiplayer seems not to pick up the ruler's weapons that I put in.  This will be fixed with the next update. 
No new banners and stuff. Doesn't stop Multiplayer enjoyment but it does seem to cause error messages in Single Player.  This is also about to be remedied. 
No option to play as Khergit Scorpion.  Mainly cause I was too lazy to implement as a player option. 

If any more are spotted please let me know and I will endeavour to fix it. 

CREDITS:
Excellent Highlander models and textures: Yamabusi
Samurai models and textures: Walzou
Some new weapons: Shredzorz
Some other new weapons: Talak
Help with Map Coordinates: Swyter in particular
Morgh and Kefka95 for their excellent tools 
Bow textures: Havoc
TaleWorlds for creating such an awesome game
My sister for creative support
New banners that will appear next version: dia151
new horses: Wanderer 949

If you notice anything in this mod that is yours and your name is not in the credits I apologise and will of course add your name. 

Just to draw attention to it, I have released the mod, thank you. :grin:

And here's some screenies to whet your appetite. 

vorroknoble.jpg

A Vorrok Noble with the possibility of having a Claymore, a Pike 5 different sword and 4 different Targes.

vorrokborderreiver.jpg

A Vorrok Border Reiver.

vorrokarcher.jpg

A Vorrok Archer.

nihonyumi.jpg

A Nihon Yumi. Please tell me if you feel the introduction of a Souta horse is wanted to creat a Yabusame. 

nihonsamurai.jpg

A Nihon Samurai.  If Nodachi's should be included just say so.  I repeat this is not historically accurate and so therefore my Samurai will not bear bows. 

nihonhatamoto.jpg

A Nihon Hatamoto.  There is a bit of a bug at the moment.  On my brother's computer the Hatamoto does not spawn with a horse even though the horse has been bought.  It does however spawn with a horse on mine.  Let me know if you happen to get it too.

lyonesserodelero.jpg

A Lyonessian Rodelero.  I will soon be implementing a black brigandine as well to provide some more variety for Lyonesse but for now they all wear red. 

lyonesselancer.jpg

A Lyonessian Lancer. 

lyonessecrossbowman.jpg

A Lyonessian Crossbowman.  The bots can't spawn as one but choosing Almughavar will allow you to. 

lyonessealmughavar.jpg

The Lyonessian Almughavar.  Very good light infantry.  Please let me know if you can't buy a shield.  That's another bug that only occurs on my brother's computer.

halrondmasterarcher.jpg

Halrond Master Archer.  I imagine that the Halrond tree will be changed significantly and the archers who are based off the Welsh will get a new name and will wear green.  But for now this is them.  Damn good bows but slow and slightly hard to aim. 

halrondkern.jpg

The Halrond Warrior.  Pick this to be either a Muire, Gallowglass or Kern.  This particular guy is a Kern but the option is there for the others. 

halrondgallowglass.jpg

This is the Gallowglass.  Bearing the Halrond Claidheamh Mor.  Decent heavy infantry. 

halrondhobelar.jpg

The Halrond Hobelar.  Best light cavalry in the game.  Please let me know if you would like the option to buy bows.

That's all I have to show you now.  But if you want download the mod and post your own screenies.  Even with only multiplayer and even then not exceedingly well balanced multiplayer, it could well be worth it. 

I voted for Aztecs, simply because it's HIGHLY unique beyond from what I've seen out of M&B thus far. I haven't tried your mod yet, but I'm downloading it as we speak, going to give it a shot, it looks impressive!

I believe with enough time put into it, the Aztecs shall probably be the most unique faction. Especially if you make the weapons look anything like what the real Aztecs used.

Bugs I've noticed:

The town of Dornoch's Castle Guards, (inside of where the lords/king is always at) are placed incorrectly, instead of to the side of the door way, they are actually in front of it to some degree.

The Guards also said, "Surrender or die, make your choice." you say, "I'm not afraid of you, I will fight." nothing happens though. So I'm guessing the dialog is bugged.

When you enter an arena, there seems to be no one there. Normally there's a guy there that allows you to fight for mostly practice and a small bit of denars, who can also tell you where Tournies are being or shall be held at. (This seems to effect only the new towns)

(I'm mostly playing Single Player, I know it's much better on multiplayer, or you've so said, however I'm still trying to be resourceful on the bugs I find)

"A Nihon Yumi. Please tell me if you feel the introduction of a Souta horse is wanted to creat a Yabusame." I believe that would be an excellent addition, you have my vote!

I change my vote on Chinese, since we already have 2 Asian based factions now. I agree with Aztec, it'll be a very nice addition, will you be able to do anything on the skin colour?

Thank you Dymetrius, I've been a little lazy with the scenes and such so thats is to be expected.  I'll fix that up promptly. :grin:

So 2 votes Aztec and 1 vote Polish.  It looks like they're going to be the next two factions but I'll keep the poll up until next Wednesday. 

As far as skin colour goes I hope I can figure something out to make them more olive.  But I don't know if I can.  I can't texture for nuts. 

Progress has halted temporarily.  I can't progress too much further until dia151 has finished with the banners he's making.  Suffice to say the heraldry system is being revamped with common themes between the lord's banners of each faction.  He's doing a great job. 

If anyone wants to help, simply donating models and textures would be great.  I'm also looking for someone who would be interested in doing the scenes.  Twould be a great help as I understand its not difficult, just time consuming and I just can't fit it into my busy day.  :grin:  In the interest of reducing the time it would take to pump out another (better :wink:) release is all. 

phoenixguard09 said:
Thank you Dymetrius, I've been a little lazy with the scenes and such so thats is to be expected.  I'll fix that up promptly. :grin:

So 2 votes Aztec and 1 vote Polish.  It looks like they're going to be the next two factions but I'll keep the poll up until next Wednesday. 

As far as skin colour goes I hope I can figure something out to make them more olive.  But I don't know if I can.  I can't texture for nuts. 

Progress has halted temporarily.  I can't progress too much further until dia151 has finished with the banners he's making.  Suffice to say the heraldry system is being revamped with common themes between the lord's banners of each faction.  He's doing a great job. 

If anyone wants to help, simply donating models and textures would be great.  I'm also looking for someone who would be interested in doing the scenes.  Twould be a great help as I understand its not difficult, just time consuming and I just can't fit it into my busy day.  :grin:  In the interest of reducing the time it would take to pump out another (better :wink:) release is all.

You're absolutely welcome, I've always wanted to make my own mod, or help someone make one. The problem is, I literally know nothing about modding, so I gave up on that dream. :razz: It's too bad, because I have all the time in the world right now, so if I knew how, I'd be more then willing to help. Been bored as of late, heh.

I'll help as much as I can by reporting bugs though.

My idea for a mod was to speed up the game process some-what, by having a choice to start out with your own faction instead of having to do all this work in order to do so. But I realized that this would make a few sacrifices. An example would be the thrill of working your way up in the world, so my idea was to put a /hell/ of a lot more dialog and plot into the Lords/Ladies. I have a lot more I could say about this idea, but I'll just leave it at that.

(What helped me develop this idea was the way I felt [along with multiple friends] about being king of multiple towns, or even the known world, and starting back as practically a peasant all over again when you make a new game.)

Bugs that I've found:

Yamatodatoro is not accessible, it's beyond the map's boundaries, thus making it impossible to recruit or do anything for and/or with that village. (Not sure if it's possible, but if you were able to make the map bigger in general, so that the new factions aren't so crunched together it would be very convenient)

Not really a bug, but the Kingdom of Swadia (or Swadian Empire, in this case) has the same flag as the Nihon Shogunate, (while I believe the flags are determined by their kings, (in fact, I'm 99% sure) it should be different then that of the other kings at least. Not really something to put on your need-to-do list, but it does look funny when the pop up comes up telling they're going to war with one another, and they have the same flag. :razz:

Yet the same situation as above only a different set; Vorroks Clans and Khergit Khanate.

Katakana's lords that desire to patrol the town seems to be stuck at the map's border, thus they never move anywhere.

Dymetreus said:
so my idea was to put a /hell/ of a lot more dialog and plot into the Lords/Ladies. I have a lot more I could say about this idea, but I'll just leave it at that.

Actually I've been thinking of developing a fleshed out history and such.  If you'd like to be Loremaster or some such that wouldn't actually require modding ability feel free to right some stuff up.  That story could then be implemented into the mod in dialogues and possibly quests and such.  Its something I've been considering a lot actually for future developments into the mod.  Maybe we could pool ideas. :grin:

Dymetreus said:
Bugs that I've found:

Excellent. :grin:  I need a Lord of the Flies (A creative title for bug-spotter.) :wink:

Dymetreus said:
Yamatodatoro is not accessible, it's beyond the map's boundaries, thus making it impossible to recruit or do anything for and/or with that village. (Not sure if it's possible, but if you were able to make the map bigger in general, so that the new factions aren't so crunched together it would be very convenient)
Yes I know about the village, already fixed.  As far as map boundries I can't actually do it myself.  I can't run Thorgrim's Map Editor, which is, as I understand needed for this sort of endeavour.  But I was going to change around the current position of factions a little and make sure that each faction's spread would be equal. 

Dymetreus said:
Not really a bug, but the Kingdom of Swadia (or Swadian Empire, in this case) has the same flag as the Nihon Shogunate, (while I believe the flags are determined by their kings, (in fact, I'm 99% sure) it should be different then that of the other kings at least. Not really something to put on your need-to-do list, but it does look funny when the pop up comes up telling they're going to war with one another, and they have the same flag. :razz:

Yet the same situation as above only a different set; Vorroks Clans and Khergit Khanate.

Yep I know.  Will be fixed once Dia is finished doing the new banners.  :grin:

Dymetreus said:
Katakana's lords that desire to patrol the town seems to be stuck at the map's border, thus they never move anywhere.
And this one is also fixed.  Katakana is positioned like right on the border.  So Lords that come out cannot move.  Katakana has been moved inwards quite a bit.  The Shogunate and the Crown have both been spread out a little too.  And while I was against the idea of the Shariz being cut off from the rest of the Sultanate to begin with, It's actually rather grown on me. 

Thank you for your ongoing support. :grin:

phoenixguard09 said:
Dymetreus said:
so my idea was to put a /hell/ of a lot more dialog and plot into the Lords/Ladies. I have a lot more I could say about this idea, but I'll just leave it at that.

Actually I've been thinking of developing a fleshed out history and such.  If you'd like to be Loremaster or some such that wouldn't actually require modding ability feel free to right some stuff up.  That story could then be implemented into the mod in dialogues and possibly quests and such.  Its something I've been considering a lot actually for future developments into the mod.  Maybe we could pool ideas. :grin:

Dymetreus said:
Bugs that I've found:

Excellent. :grin:  I need a Lord of the Flies (A creative title for bug-spotter.) :wink:

Dymetreus said:
Yes I know about the village, already fixed.  As far as map boundries I can't actually do it myself.  I can't run Thorgrim's Map Editor, which is, as I understand needed for this sort of endeavour.  But I was going to change around the current position of factions a little and make sure that each faction's spread would be equal. 

Dymetreus said:

Yep I know.  Will be fixed once Dia is finished doing the new banners.  :grin:

Dymetreus said:
And this one is also fixed.  Katakana is positioned like right on the border.  So Lords that come out cannot move.  Katakana has been moved inwards quite a bit.  The Shogunate and the Crown have both been spread out a little too.  And while I was against the idea of the Shariz being cut off from the rest of the Sultanate to begin with, It's actually rather grown on me. 

Thank you for your ongoing support. :grin:

You're very welcome, I also found a bug in which the lord named, "Sopespian" has a boulder following him, or is on top of him and stays there while he moves, very odd. This boulder is familiar to the one that is /attached/ I believe may be the word, to Salamanca.

I took a screen shot which I can show, I may later once I figure out how to do it. I'm glad these bugs were found before myself, it shows that someone, if not you, is doing pretty well at being the, "Lord of the Flies". :razz:

Have I not the latest version? Or have you yet to release it? I'm just making sure that I'm not reporting old bugs. :razz: I would desire to be up-to-date as much as possible.

I'm not so sure how difficult modding certain stuff is, so please excuse the stuff that is either impossible or is nearly so, which I suggest. But I'll start testing out first how, "cool" the "pool" is. Basically, seeing if you like some of my ideas, or if you would like to improve them, (that is if it's possible of course) and of the such. I'll get to typing up some ideas probably more so tomorrow, as it's 4:18 AM here, I should be going to bed soon. :razz:

Oh yes Sopespian and his magic boulder.  Yeah I did actually start a thread asking why the hell that might be hapening.  Not entirely sure why.  And neither was anyone else.  I was sort of hoping that rebooting the map_icons.py would fix taht.  Apparently it didn't.  I'll keep workin on it.  Damn. :grin:

And yes I haven't released the version with all the fixes.  I apologise but I want to make sure it's comprehensive before I release.  Mainly the banners.  But I can't rush Dia.  He's doing a fine job and I gave him a lot of work.  Redoing all the banners of every faction tends to do that to you. :grin:

Actually I find that I work best at about 3-5 am.  Means I've had time for me brain to warm up.  Then I can vegetate on the computer and sleep in til 11.  Damn I love holidays.  :grin:

EDIT* Crap I forgot, Boomstick, what exactly would the Frisians have that would set them apart from say the Swadians?  Cause as far as I can tell from the little amount of Google-fu I can muster, they were Dutch and there's a horse breed named the Freisian.  I'll add a horse for them if you like. :grin:  But I don't know much about the medieval Dutch so...  Feel free to enlighten me. :grin:

phoenixguard09 said:
Oh yes Sopespian and his magic boulder.  Yeah I did actually start a thread asking why the hell that might be hapening.  Not entirely sure why.  And neither was anyone else.  I was sort of hoping that rebooting the map_icons.py would fix taht.  Apparently it didn't.  I'll keep workin on it.  Damn. :grin:

And yes I haven't released the version with all the fixes.  I apologise but I want to make sure it's comprehensive before I release.  Mainly the banners.  But I can't rush Dia.  He's doing a fine job and I gave him a lot of work.  Redoing all the banners of every faction tends to do that to you. :grin:

Actually I find that I work best at about 3-5 am.  Means I've had time for me brain to warm up.  Then I can vegetate on the computer and sleep in til 11.  Damn I love holidays.  :grin:

EDIT* Crap I forgot, Boomstick, what exactly would the Frisians have that would set them apart from say the Swadians?  Cause as far as I can tell from the little amount of Google-fu I can muster, they were Dutch and there's a horse breed named the Freisian.  I'll add a horse for them if you like. :grin:  But I don't know much about the medieval Dutch so...  Feel free to enlighten me. :grin:

Waiting to release is completely fine! As with this first one, I hope that most of the obvious bugs shall be rid of, or SMITED by the time it's released. While I love my job and how exciting it is and all, *Sniff* we need to be rid of most of them, so it attracts more people in the beginning. Some people tend to stray away at potential, no matter how big of a dose, when they see a couple of bugs. I believe this shall be an AWESOME mod in the future.

I figure you may already know and are planning to do something about it, however I feel the need to say it just in case. All the new faction units, (till later in the tiers) are pretty much the same as others, and I feel little sense of accomplishment when I upgrade them. (Until the latest tier) For instance, upgrading the, 'Japanese' units will give you the same result as another faction, (Swadian footmen, for an example) until you get, of course, the later or latest tier unit. Not sure how difficult it is to make more unique units, but it would be very neat to have.

Also, I tried the multiplayer for this mod, and you were right, it's really cool. :razz:

Just got my first Nihon Samurai, they look much alike a Sergeant, no katana, no Japanese looking armor.. he just looks like a plain Sergeant, you may already know about this, but just making sure.

Bugs that I've noticed:

In the lord's/king's domain, (room) has a pair of guards, such as a problem before, have a dialog which shouldn't be said, along with chairs and a fire place being half-way under ground.

----

You may also want to add the choice when visiting a town, "Meet the Guild Master" or something of the such, not that it really matters, just a convenience. Or you could make this mod compatible with another mod which has the conveniences. If so, I'd recommend Diplomacy.

I'm flattered that you speak of my mod in such glowing terms mate.  :grin: 

And yeah the single player troops aren't finished only the Lyonessian tree actually has the right armaments.  All the otehr new troops are for now just copies of the Swadian troops.  However once Dia has finished his banners, I can really get to work.  The problem is it is much easier to do the items and such in Morgh's tools but implementing the new banners with the Python editor immediately scraps text edits.  Yes I know I'm lazy.  :grin:

And a fireplace half-way underground is um, odd to say the least.  I'm not exactly surprised though.  The new places are all a bit screwy with the scenes. 

And I was planning on adding some convenience stuff, like shorcuts to Guild Master and Village Elder, Cattle following you.  I wanted to implement a shield bash, figured it would be cool in conjunction with the Targe.  Unfortunately it caused a CTD so I scrapped it.  But I'd still like to do it. 

phoenixguard09 said:
I'm flattered that you speak of my mod in such glowing terms mate.  :grin: 

And yeah the single player troops aren't finished only the Lyonessian tree actually has the right armaments.  All the otehr new troops are for now just copies of the Swadian troops.  However once Dia has finished his banners, I can really get to work.  The problem is it is much easier to do the items and such in Morgh's tools but implementing the new banners with the Python editor immediately scraps text edits.  Yes I know I'm lazy.  :grin:

And a fireplace half-way underground is um, odd to say the least.  I'm not exactly surprised though.  The new places are all a bit screwy with the scenes. 

And I was planning on adding some convenience stuff, like shorcuts to Guild Master and Village Elder, Cattle following you.  I wanted to implement a shield bash, figured it would be cool in conjunction with the Targe.  Unfortunately it caused a CTD so I scrapped it.  But I'd still like to do it.

Heh, it does sound cool. I'd really like that if it was implemented. Looks like for the most part, we must wait before we can do further analysis. The only thing I dislike about the Diplomacy mod when it comes to conveniences, is the fact that it takes literally over a year in the game to have anywhere near decent troops with the auto-trainers inside the castle. If you do add something like this anytime in the future, make sure they're actually decently effective.

This mod looks great, but I'll wait a bit, for next version.  :smile: I would offer help, but so far I only tried using Morgh's troop editor...so, not really experienced :S
You said that the scenes are not high on the list at the moment, but anyway, there's a Shogun mod with great scenes (link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133708.0.html ) and you could try contacting its author about scenes for Nihon Shogunate...
I think this mod will be one of the best, I hope you will get through with it.  :smile:

EDIT: Also, voted for Poland...they wouldn't need new scenes (at least not much different from, I guess, Vaegirs) and could be some kind of parallel to Swadians (Cavalry with medium armor, sabres and lances; and since they mostly used western technology and strategy, western-inspired infantry, spearmen, and vaegir-inspired archers)...so, some kind of combination of Swadia and Vaegirs

Back
Top Bottom