Author Topic: Change Player Faction Color  (Read 15138 times)

Ogaburan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
Re: Change Player Faction Color
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:47 PM »
By the way, I got the color change to work on my saved game, by uninstalling, then re-installing brytenwalda and then changing the color code to the desired color in the presentations.txt , then loading up my saved game and changing my kingdom's name which actually triggered the color change.

Overkill... all you need to do is to change your kingdom name after you edit the presentations.txt file.

myname

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Change Player Faction Color
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:57:39 AM »

Most of the information how to change your kingdom's color is already in this thread. Basically what you need to do change the presentation file and the script file.

Alright, I believe I've tracked it down, just in case anyone else wants to know. The overriding reference that I guess actually dictates your Kingdom's color is in the 'presentations.txt' file, the numbers '16711680' under 'prsnt_name_kingdom 0 53 2'. If you change '16711680' to whatever color, it will show up in game I guess.

Thanks again to Idibil and Adorno for their help.

IMPORTANT!!!

You also need to replace the same colour code (16711680) in Scripts.txt, under the line activate_player_faction -1, or else you risk getting the vanilla red colour after all!

The above fix only worked for me the first time. I then joined another faction again because I wasn't ready for my own Kingdom yet, and then when I was ready and rebelled again, I got the red colour. So I kept searching until I found this fix.

A few color codes to change to are here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,149899.msg3605264.html#msg3605264.