Adding Hero with Effidian's editor

Users who are viewing this thread

defcon

Recruit
I'm trying to add 3 heroes using Effidian's editor but can't seem to get it to work. I have created 3 new troops, put them in the boars tavern but the dialogue is my problem I assume.

They show up in game but the only dialogue I get is the standard "tell me about yourself" which opens their character page. I'v added conversations using Effidian's editor in which looks like this (his name is Phillippe but his ID is trp_phil):

Partner Type : Troop
Troop : Phillippe
Spoken By : Partner
Dialog State : start
Next Dialog State : close_window

Text:

Join.

I have no conditions and the consequences I have only one:

troop_join(TROOP[trp_phil])

Could someone please help, I'v read a few dozen threads with people asking the same question as mine but only one of them gave an answer that is remotely helpful but it talked about module_troops.py and dialogue.py files which the module I am trying to change, hundred years war, doesn't have any of these files.

I figured it would be simple to do it with the unofficial editor but I can't get any dialogue except the standard "tell me about yourself". I then tried to copy each and every dialogue for Marnid and just changed each instance to Marnid to the hero I wanted to recruit but it gave me an error when I tried to save.

I'm just looking for a simple way to add 3 heroes to the tavern Marnid is in, where I can just talk to them and automatically get them to join my party as a hero.

Back
Top Bottom