Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't need games at all, for one thing.
In fact the only thing that you absolutely have to do in life is die. Everything else is optional.

MadocComadrin said:
A dagger assassin is pretty much a perfect balance between power and fun once you hit the higher levels too!

In fact it's very, very powerful. Even if you play as I do, I only ever go as far as steel weapons because I hate the -really- fantasy rubbish, you can bring a Dragon Priest down to almost dead with twin 15x dagger backstabs. Of course with stealth at 100 & perks in it you can literally roll around dungeons backstabbing anything you meet. To be honest it gets rather dull.

The real fun in playing a dagger assassin is not *ever* getting noticed, and if you do, you either reload to a previous save or try to make a stealthy escape. I did this for a while, before I had enough power to one-shot-stab bosses down, and stabbing then escaping was lots of fun. Also, taking down groups of three bandits without getting seen.

But, it does get old. I think I may want to try it again though, but I'd probably go for a combination between Archery and stabby stabby.

I found it underwhelming, because nothing shows better how stupid the AI in this game is than sneaky archery. Sneaky magic is much more to my preference. Cast a frenzy spell on some dolt with a big sword and have that bandit group mop themselves up. With some zombie spells to make things more interesting.

Nahkuri said:
I found it underwhelming, because nothing shows better how stupid the AI in this game is than sneaky archery.

Well, quite. *PHUNK!* Ouch! My head! There's 3-foot of steel tipped wood sticking in my skull. Somehow I'm still alive but I'm going to get the git who did this to me!

*30 seconds of searching later*

Meh, probably nothing.

krik said:
I haven't tried that because I thought it'd be like oblivilol where magic made you automatically detected.

Yeah the frenzy spell in Oblivion was ridiculous, and only good for making cityfolk attack eachother for ****s 'n giggles. Now it works like it's supposed to.

Nahkuri said:
krik said:
I haven't tried that because I thought it'd be like oblivilol where magic made you automatically detected.

Yeah the frenzy spell in Oblivion was ridiculous, and only good for making cityfolk attack eachother for ****s 'n giggles. Now it works like it's supposed to.
So you can stay stealthed while using spells? Awesome.

Ljas said:
rapier17 said:
Well, quite. *PHUNK!* Ouch! My head! There's 3-foot of steel tipped wood sticking in my skull. Somehow I'm still alive but I'm going to get the git who did this to me!

*30 seconds of searching later*

Meh, probably nothing.
Modders to the rescue!

I wish I'd had that when I was playing my stealth character. Now that I'm done with the Thieves Guild, I'm probably going to play a mage or heavy warrior. Are any of the combat and magic overhaul mods good?

Kevlar said:
Chewbacca said:
I now regret my choice of becoming a blade assassin... An archer would be much more enjoyable, I think. And way easier.

I didn't realize you could only play one class in this game and not just be master of them all.
It's either really skilled in daggers, really skilled in archery, or a little bit skilled in both dagger and archery.

And my stealth character is way more fun now that I got the 15x sneak attack.

Why limit yourself though just use the Elys uncapper so you can level the things you like instead of being a jack of all trade. I got really fed up on my mage being stuck at lvl 61 unless i turned into a melee.

@ toffey i suggest balanced magic and be a better mage but then again it depends on what you like but especially balanced magic helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom