Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havoc said:
Have fun not playing any mods.

Sadly true with Oblivion.

Havoc said:
skyrim_elf_pet.jpg

At least the Dark Elves/Dunmer don't look annoyingly pudgy anymore. Also looks like they added some of the modded in hair from Oblivion.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sadly the dog doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game.  :neutral:

Goker said:
Really looks like a vampire :S

Nah, vampires aren't able to go out in the sunlight, unless they added how vampires worked with Skorn's Vampire mod(I think that was it) in Oblivion. I never liked how the vanilla vampires had the default face glitch, and ended up looking horrible and more powerful by NOT feeding.  Then again, I also missed the female dark elves line in Morrowind if you were a vampire "I!!! CURSE!!! YOU!! VAMPIRE!!! AWAY!!!" it always sounded over dramatic.

Havoc said:
AWdeV said:
And havoc, why are you being an aggressive ****?

I'm sorry man. I honestly wasn't trying to be but that guy... He got on my nerves for some reason.

Meh, I just get annoyed at how Bethesda had been saying that there would be tons of voices in both Oblivion and Fallout 3, when it just turned out to be the same voice actors over and over again. If they finally change it good, if they don't oh well. If he wants to take my skepticism as a reason to kill himself however, who am I to stop him?  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lorn said:
Havoc said:
Have fun not playing any mods.

Sadly true with Oblivion.

I played it through twice before installing a single mod and had fun doing it. :razz:

Lorn said:
Havoc said:
AWdeV said:
And havoc, why are you being an aggressive ****?

I'm sorry man. I honestly wasn't trying to be but that guy... He got on my nerves for some reason.

Meh, I just get annoyed at how Bethesda had been saying that there would be tons of voices in both Oblivion and Fallout 3, when it just turned out to be the same voice actors over and over again. If they finally change it good, if they don't oh well. If he wants to take my skepticism as a reason to kill himself however, who am I to stop him?  :roll: :roll: :roll:

What got on my nerves was the fact that even after I showed you proof of more than 7 voice actors you still decided to be all negative about it...

Lorn said:
Havoc said:
Sadly the dog doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the game.  :neutral:

It fits great, woolly dog in a cold place... Though I want Huskies.

Dryvus said:
hooooooooosebeast
This is what they get for letting games journalists make characters for the promo shots. Really should have thought that through more.

Liking the dog though, saw one of them inn the earlier game play videos, it's got some pretty great animation.

Havoc said:
I played it through twice before installing a single mod and had fun doing it. :razz:

What got on my nerves was the fact that even after I showed you proof of more than 7 voice actors you still decided to be all negative about it...

I never stated it was impossible to have fun with a vanilla version of Oblivion(I need to do another play through without mods one of these days), but the mods did improve on the game.  I remember getting a ton of the item mods, but those really killed the game for me because the weapons/armor just seemed too over powered.  :neutral:

Here's hoping that Bethesda takes Obsidian's hardcore mode from Fallout: New Vegas and implements it into Skyrim with some improvements.  :grin:

Well that's understandable, even I tend to annoy myself with my constant negativity!  :lol: :lol: :razz: I just tend to not take trailers and previews at face value until the game comes out. It tends to save me from over estimating what's in the game, and then becoming disappointed when it's not how I expected.

Havoc said:
It fits great, woolly dog in a cold place... Though I want Huskies.

Yes, it fits with the setting. I was just commenting on how the texture looked out of place. As mentioned it basically looks like the thatched roof, but on a dog model. I tend to be picky like that.

Lorn said:
Well that's understandable, even I tend to annoy myself with my constant negativity!  :lol: :lol: :razz: I just tend to not take trailers and previews at face value until the game comes out. It tends to save me from over estimating what's in the game, and then becoming disappointed when it's not how I expected.

It was one of the guys making the game saying, "We have 70 voice actors" not some guy doing a preview saying, "It sounds like they have 70 voice actors."

Orion said:
Lorn said:
Nah, vampires aren't able to go out in the sunlight

You could if you had just fed, I think.

I remember in the mod I mentioned there was that feature. You could also make/get vials of blood that would protect you for an hour, but would not increase your feeding number making you less powerful(although it did get crazy after the second buff, something like 1000 times or something).

I didn't really mess around as a vanilla vampire so I have no idea how that worked.

Aurora_Alexi said:
That's fine. I noticed in both Oblivion and even Morrowind that player made mods are very very very rarely perfect, and too many mods slow down the game drastically. -So I'll gladly stick to official plug-ins.

Edit: (Anyways there's no way my computer would ever work with Skyrim, it barely even works with Oblivion without various graphical issues)
Ignoring the fact that the games as they were distributed were so ridiculously far away from being perfect that...
Ah, **** it.

Orion said:
Lorn said:

Yeah, in Oblivion I'm pretty sure you could go into the sun without much hassle if you'd fed recently.

My first character got vamp'd because I didn't understand the disease system. I was a bit disappointed later actually - after going on an epic quest for a cure, I was actually afraid of vampires till I found out that diseases could be cured so easily and would only matter if you slept on them.

Simo said:
Havoc said:
Wait a second, is that a woman or a man? Those look like breasts but are they just moobs on a skinny male? Because the face is something in between.

Female, they always look skinnier in armor. The males always look like Conan the Barbarian.

Papa Lazarou said:
Orion said:
Lorn said:

Yeah, in Oblivion I'm pretty sure you could go into the sun without much hassle if you'd fed recently.

My first character got vamp'd because I didn't understand the disease system. I was a bit disappointed later actually - after going on an epic quest for a cure, I was actually afraid of vampires till I found out that diseases could be cured so easily and would only matter if you slept on them.

I had a number of friends become vampires because they didn't notice they had the disease while they were fighting them.

The sad thing was that it seemed to me I only got good loot off of the vampires, and not off the bandits. At least in vanilla Oblivion.

If I remember correctly Morrowind had vampire factions that you could join, which allowed it to be more of a role play aspect. In Oblivion however they removed them entirely, which I suppose makes sense for the lore., but really kills the point of being a vampire. When I was still playing there was a mod that added a vampire clan, with computerized voices, and quests, but it still offered little to being a vampire unless combined with said mod I've mentioned earlier.

Aundae, Berne and Quarra, which you can join depends on which bloodline you're infected by. The Vampire clans in Morrowind weren't particularly well fleshed out, and being a vampire wasn't really a long term game choice without something like the Vampire Embrace mod, but it certainly trumped over the 0% content for Vampire characters in Oblivion. That and the Oblivion vamparism system was somehow less enjoyable to play as, despite the nifty advantage of being able to hide your vamparism from NPCs.

I like the dog. The abomination next to it, not so much. Probably made by one of those zany fellow who try to make characters as hideous as possibly possible.

Really doesn't seem that strange excepting the forehead / brow. Dunmer aren't supposed to be perfect Imperial darlings who've been left in the oven, any how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom