Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. I noticed in both Oblivion and even Morrowind that player made mods are very very very rarely perfect, and too many mods slow down the game drastically. -So I'll gladly stick to official plug-ins.

Edit: (Anyways there's no way my computer would ever work with Skyrim, it barely even works with Oblivion without various graphical issues)

Mods make oblivion a lot better for me, i can add hunger mods, wildlife mods and higher res textures, it just lets the game expand so much more.

Fair enough on the computer part; you have my sympathies. Without mods I found Oblivion to be shallow ****e. They do add so much more to the game.

Havoc said:
So my pre-order is going to come with two free Elder Scrolls books (The Infernal City and Lord of Souls). They any good?
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pre-order-edition/9868000/
Not a bad deal.

To be honest the books are kind of hit and miss. The writing isn't half bad and it's not un-entertaining, but if you're a lore buff, or the kind of person who rages at (rather huge) plot holes then it'll drive you crazy.

I'd personally recommend giving them a skip, but you might want to read them anyway, as it's all canon and the huge changes to the world they involve will be a part of Skyrim. I was actually talking about that last night, no idea how they're going to introduce the massive changes between Oblivion and Skyrim in game, most people who played Oblivion have neither heard of, let alone read, the books and there's a lot of changes to the world that would confuse the hell out of people. I kind of assumed that the books were just a spin off series, but they're more important to Skyrims game world than Oblivion or Morrowinds plots were.

Thanks for the info.

Not sure if this has been posted before but:
skyrim_elf_pet.jpg

She's got a thatched dog to match her thatched cottage roof.

It's a Scottish Deer Hound I think.  Cool dogs.  These ones are just puppies, they grow up pretty tall.

scottish-deerhound.jpg

Hope you can buy or rescue one (or more) in the game.  Little cottage by the river, job at the lumber mill, couple of deer hounds to go hunting with.  Should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom