Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he gets around. He was the arena announcer, Gray Fox, Lucien LaChance, imperial guardsmen, I think a few more minor characters, Mr. Burke, Fawkes...

He wasn't in New Vegas though. :sad:

Orion said:
Am I the only one that really, really liked Lucien LaChance's voice actor Wes Johnson?

Just so happened to be the imperial guardsmen too.

Stop right there, criminal scum.

I always felt that he got type cast as the somewhat evil character ever since you met that guy in Megaton who wanted to set off the nuke in Fallout 3.

I always hated the female voice actor for the elves in Oblivion. Eventually I just muted the volume every time I had to talk to one. Then the hatred started to switch to the male elf voice actor. There's just something about both of their voices that I can't stand.

HOPEFULLY(doubtful) they get more than seven or so voice actors for Skyrim, but I doubt it.

Wolfhead said:
I hope they make a better job with the voice actors this time. Hearing the same voices in Oblivion pissed me off. I hope at least they use separate voices based on age and race, at least. And I really hope they bring Micheal Gough back. The dude is one of the best video game voice actors out there. And he was in fallout 3, so my hopes are high.

For those of you who don't know, Michael Gough is the dude who voiced over Deckard Cain from Diablo, Beckett from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Elder Lyons from Fallout 3, as well as many other roles in games such as Dragon Age, Assassin's CreedII. Oh, and Saddler from RE4. The dude's just awesome.

Being a fan of both Diablo and Fallout series, I once wondered why Deckard Cain and Elder Lyon sounded a bit the same. Now I see why.Thanks alot, I was too lazy to look at it.

Lorn said:
HOPEFULLY(doubtful) they get more than seven or so voice actors for Skyrim, but I doubt it.

I watched a video ages ago and they were talking about their many voice actors for Skyrim.

Edit:
Did someone say sleeves?

301474_10150262378306404_131368351403_7672136_3558499_n.jpg

Edit x2:
Skyrim won’t use Games for Windows Live on PC, will use Steamworks instead

Havoc said:
Lorn said:

I watched a video ages ago and they were talking about their many voice actors for Skyrim.

Yes well, they also talked about the thousands of lines of dialogue and the "many"(seven) voice actors for Oblivion as well...  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alright so I get a higher quality annoying ass software instead. I suppose it's like having one knee broken instead of two for me.

I'd like to stay positive and believe that the retail won't need it but I know that basically never happens anymore.

Everything is better than Games for Windows Live. EVERYTHING. :???:
Even UbiSoft's take on "let's **** the consumer up the arse with as little lube as possible" is a pleasant stroll in the park by comparison.

Lorn said:
Havoc said:
Lorn said:

Yes well, they also talked about the thousands of lines of dialogue and the "many"(seven) voice actors for Oblivion as well...  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here you go smart-ass. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Skyrim will have 70 different actors voicing all of the parts in the game, compared to just 14 for Oblivion.

When this gets released I'll fake being sick for a week and stay at home raiding dungeons instead of go to school.

AWdeV said:
What the hell does "game for windows live" entail anyway

It's a bit like Steam, only crap(per), and all the early complaints and fears that people had about the Steam platform came true in GFWL.  Steam fixed a lot of it's worst features and faults quite quickly, but GFWL never bothered fixing anything because it took the typical Microsoft attitude that whatever they felt like delivering was good enough and consumers are all morons anyway. 

Basically it makes you play online even in singleplayer (think you had to be online to even save your game in GTA 4 before they bowed to pressure and patched it) and it's generally a big chunk of bloated, pointless, unreliable malware, and a security risk.  Chugs away in the background all the time even when you're not using it in any way.

AWdeV said:
and "steamworks" doesn't bode well either. Why the **** is either necessary.

Don't know.  Really don't.  Have to give credit where it's due to Todd and crew for refusing to use GFWL, because Microsoft undoubtedly would've put pressure on them to do so.  Todd hinted in his interview with Notch that MS even suggested trying to integrate some kind of Kinect functionality into Skyrim.  :shock: 

Bethesda deserves a bit of praise for not gimping their own game (not in those ways, anyway - not yet).  No matter how annoying Steamworks turns out to be, it can't top GFWL.

Orion said:
Am I the only one that really, really liked Lucien LaChance's voice actor Wes Johnson?

Just so happened to be the imperial guardsmen too.

Stop right there, criminal scum.

I liked him too, it's just that his voice was everywhere. Kinda sucks after a while. But he's a fantastic voice actor. The dude that voiced the male redguards, too (I though he kinda sounded like Sam Jackson at the time, for some reason). The lady that voiced the female redguards sounded like an elderly black grandmother, so her voice only fit in elderly charactes.

Orion said:
Yeah, he gets around. He was the arena announcer, Gray Fox, Lucien LaChance, imperial guardsmen, I think a few more minor characters, Mr. Burke, Fawkes...

You forgot Sheogorath.

I really really really loathe **** like that. I don't want to sign up for more ****, I don't care about bloody achievements or unwanted auto-updates. If it turns out I'll need steam to play this game, then **** it, I'll probably not play it. I've got a copy of DoWII laying around which I've never used because I ****ing refuse to do anything with steam. I bought it to play in single ****ing player christ almighty.

****ing depressing nonsense.

And havoc, why are you being an aggressive ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom