Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo dawg i heard you like duel wielding so we put duel wielding on your duel wielding so you can duel wield while you duel wield.

Sorry had to do that, oh wait no i didn't....oh well its done now.

No mounted combat is such a ****ing dumb idea. Even Two Worlds had ****ing mounted combat even if it was absolutely awful. There's no damn point in horses without it.

Yeah, but because I'm an equipment-selling medieval magnet, I have to kill bandits I ride past. It's much easier when I don't have to move 10 metres away, dismount and then kill them.

I like the option of being married, to be honest. As long as it's implemented properly, it could offer some interesting quests for the Dynamic Quest system, and could help immersion. Again, as long as it's implemented properly. If it turns out to be a gimmick, then :mad:.

So Todd apparently suffers from the same delusion as Peter Molyneux that players value one random NPC with no personality over another. Going through this pre-release hype is kinda like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Ringwraith #5 said:
delusion that players value one random NPC

Go **** yourself. Seriously. Every single time I've seen you post in OG, it's been to criticize, in an absolutely self righteous way, a subjective feature. "Oh that sucks because I don't like it." "Oh that's not cool, NO ONE will like that." "Haha, you don't know what good gaming is, I do!"

**** you. **** you with a thousand blazing poles.

kiarj said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
delusion that players value one random NPC

Go **** yourself. Seriously. Every single time I've seen you post in OG, it's been to criticize, in an absolutely self righteous way, a subjective feature. "Oh that sucks because I don't like it." "Oh that's not cool, NO ONE will like that." "Haha, you don't know what good gaming is, I do!"

5_facebook-like-button.jpg

kiarj said:

He has a point with the pre-release hype though. It's hilarious to see.

Not so much with the not "caring".
Even though I wouldn't call it caring. But preferring one character over another happens often enough and for more than game related reasons. At least for me.

Wellenbrecher said:
Even though I wouldn't call it caring. But preferring one character over another happens often enough and for more than game related reasons. At least for me.

Of course it happens. You'd have to be a moron to think devs would make differing characters for no ****ing reason. Devs are gamers too, most of the time.

kiarj said:

Newsflash: The purpose of games is to provide fun. What is and isn't fun is an inherently subjective question, ie. everything about games aside from technical parameters is completely subjective.

kiarj said:
Wellenbrecher said:

Of course it happens. You'd have to be a moron to think devs would make differing characters for no ****ing reason. Devs are gamers too, most of the time.
Being a gamer is no guarantee of being a good game developer. Otherwise there would be no bad games, and frankly I think the inclusion of marriage in Skyrim is a monumentally bad decision. Even if they do it really well and the characters are believable and fleshed out, it's still not going to fit into the game, at least judging by what we've seen of it so far. They're promoting it as a hack and slash game where you play a legendary dragonslayer, not a viking dating sim. My guess is that it's going to end up being one of those rarely used gimmicky features with no depth that you use once, go "huh, neat", and then get back to the monster killing.

Nodscouter said:
Although you seemed to claim that nobody would ever find it fun, simply because you didn't.
No, that's simply because that's been my experience with other gamers so far. If they want a relationship simulator, they play a Japanese dating sim. If they want to kill dragons, they play a western RPG. If putting the elements of one into the other seems like a good idea to you, then I guess you're not average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom