Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorn said:
Simo said:
Flanged said:
Will I be able to chop down a tree, roll it down the hill into the river, then stand on it as we follow the current back to the village, like they did in the Yukon?
I didn't want to be a barber anyway. I wanted to be a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The giant redwood! The fir! The larch! The mighty Scots Pine! The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees! With my best girly by my side, we'd sing, sing, SING!

That you wear women's clothing, just like your dear mama?  :roll: :roll: :roll:
Me? Oh.. Eh.. I never.

Shhh..

Ohhh look gamespot wrote some stuff.

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329666/gamescom-2011-a-few-thoughts-from-bethesdas-latest-skyrim-demo

Lorn said:
That you wear women's clothing, just like your dear mama? papa :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fixed that for you.

Six stages of crafting?  Excellent.  I really hope there is a reasonably detailed Minecraft-y element to the game, with animations for the actions you perform, not just a menu and text boxes like with the crafting tables and campfires in New Vegas.

Seriously, all I want to do in this game is build a house on a mountain side, chop wood, mine rock, make furniture, and go out hunting with my hounds.  Giant Spiders can bugger off back to Dark Messiah.  Dragons can suck a bag of dicks.  Draugr... well, I like Draugr.  And giants and mammoths look great.  But the main quest, the prophecies, the dovakhiin, dragon shouts - boring, seen it all a million times.

Give me a very harsh survival element, the ability to lay traps for wildlife to feed myself, and a house in the woods.  **** yeah.  Mods'll fix it. 

Havoc said:
Shhh..

Ohhh look gamespot wrote some stuff.

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6329666/gamescom-2011-a-few-thoughts-from-bethesdas-latest-skyrim-demo

I like the sound of the crafting and enchanting.

Oh ****. The same Skyrimskyrimskyrim hype is hitting that hit me a couple of years ago as Oblivionoblivionoblivion.. We were literally pissing our pants that time and the disappointment after the release was huge. I hope this won't end the same way but I must say, I really can't wait to get my hands on that game.

Something that seemed to bother me in the Oblivion dungeons were the damn crowded corridors. I understand that some dungeons and castles should have supposed to be small, but every time I saw a cave or a castle, I avoided them like the Black Plague.It felt like anything ranged was hindered by this effect. I hope that they improve the size of dungeons, making them bigger and with more movement.

As for the crafting system, I hope it's nothing like any of that "To get to a better weapon, you have a 0.001% chance to get it!" crap. I'm hoping for some hands-on,interactive crafting.  :grin:

darksinergy said:
I'm hoping for some hands-on,interactive crafting.  :grin:

It'd be amazing if they made it a kind of mini-game like lock-picking, only, y'know, fun .  Since all the items are 3d in the inventory anyway, it'd be great to beat on them with a repair hammer in real time, having to hit the right spots with a wavering mouse like in a darts game.  Hitting the wrong spots would risk damaging the object.  The higher your repair skill (is repair still in?) the less shaky the mouse would be.  I'd like that, though I suppose it could become a chore and an annoyance pretty quick.  Maybe if you could toggle the mini-game on or off in a menu...

There's no chance of them doing this though.  Wonder how they will handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom