Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austupaio said:
Really doesn't seem that strange excepting the forehead / brow. Dunmer aren't supposed to be perfect Imperial darlings who've been left in the oven, any how.

It reminds me of that one male Dunmer head back in Morrowind with the scar across the eye.

While not important, it does get rid of the "baby faced" people in Oblivion that were so blegh. Though there were some face texture mods that changed how they looked.

Havoc said:
Thanks for the info.
Not sure if this has been posted before but:
skyrim_elf_pet.jpg
WHOOS A CUTE LIL DOGGIE? :grin: :grin:

AWdeV said:
I like the dog. The abomination next to it, not so much. Probably made by one of those zany fellow who try to make characters as hideous as possibly possible.
Yep, this particular sin against mankind is the work of a writer at Machinima.com.

I am liking the slightly more sane axe heads though. They actually look more like weapons than rubber toys this time.

Moss said:
AWdeV said:
I like the dog. The abomination next to it, not so much. Probably made by one of those zany fellow who try to make characters as hideous as possibly possible.
Yep, this particular sin against mankind is the work of a writer at Machinima.com.

I am liking the slightly more sane axe heads though. They actually look more like weapons than rubber toys this time.

Even this one?

Knuckleduster2.jpg

Moss said:
Compared to this:
IronWarAxe.jpg

images

It's a whole world better.

Also:
images

Iron_War_Axe.jpg

Ah yes...now I remember why I did not use axes...besides the fact that they were listed as blunt weapons...something else I never understood.  :neutral:

For some sadistic reason I liked the way it was in Morrowind. You had to really choose what you're going to use. I just hope they have some skill governing the dual wielding so that your off-hand weapon isn't as useful as your main weapon unless you're skilled in two-weapon fighting (like they do it in D&D).

I suppose Skyrims decision to split them between One Handed and Two Handed is a little better. Keeps the daggers from being in the same field as a claymore at least, and the perk system might actually bring back some weapon specialization even without having separate weapon skills.

Kamos32 said:
The eyes alone make that dog an improvement over Oblivion.
oblivion201101102236450.png

Hahaha.  Sometimes I can't help thinking that the whole of Oblivion was one massive troll.  Everything about it was slightly off-kilter - the dough-faces, wussy voices, pretty nonsensical plot, Oblivion itself being the most boring area of the game - like a straightfaced parody of epic RPGs.

AWdeV said:

One of the journos named their character **** Tits.  No joke.

I hope not every fighting character in Skyrim will have a fireball constantly enabled in their off hand.

A question:  Has anything more been said about chopping down trees and crafting?  I'm sure you won't be able to chop down just any tree in the gameworld, though I'd love that to be the case.  Do you only get to hack into the logpiles that are already there next to the lumber mills, probably getting just a sound effect and sodding text pop-up box saying you've gathered X number of wood?  Or will there be designated areas in the woods where you can actually fell trees?

Will I be able to chop down a tree, roll it down the hill into the river, then stand on it as we follow the current back to the village, like they did in the Yukon?

If I can't do that, I'm not buying.  :lol:     

tumph said:
I suppose the technique for using them is more similar to blunt weapons than swords.

Perhaps, but I think it would be hard to have an effective axe that did not have some sort of sharp blade on it.

Papa Lazarou said:
Pretty dumb though - they have a blunt/bladed distinction but no one-handed/two-handed distinction.

That's too difficult for them! They would have to have a two-handed blade/blunt as well as the one-handed version!

Also - spears.

Flanged said:
A question:  Has anything more been said about chopping down trees and crafting?  I'm sure you won't be able to chop down just any tree in the gameworld, though I'd love that to be the case.  Do you only get to hack into the logpiles that are already there next to the lumber mills, probably getting just a sound effect and sodding text pop-up box saying you've gathered X number of wood?  Or will there be designated areas in the woods where you can actually fell trees?

All I know is that there are 6 stages of crafting.

Lorn said:
Papa Lazarou said:
Pretty dumb though - they have a blunt/bladed distinction but no one-handed/two-handed distinction.

That's too difficult for them! They would have to have a two-handed blade/blunt as well as the one-handed version!

Also - spears.
I think two-handed sword, one-handed and polearm categories would pretty much cover everything as far as technique goes. Plus one more for daggers.

Flanged said:
Will I be able to chop down a tree, roll it down the hill into the river, then stand on it as we follow the current back to the village, like they did in the Yukon?
I didn't want to be a barber anyway. I wanted to be a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The giant redwood! The fir! The larch! The mighty Scots Pine! The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees! With my best girly by my side, we'd sing, sing, SING!

Simo said:
Flanged said:
I didn't want to be a barber anyway. I wanted to be a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The giant redwood! The fir! The larch! The mighty Scots Pine! The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees! With my best girly by my side, we'd sing, sing, SING!

That you wear women's clothing, just like your dear mama?  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom