Line Battle Monday 13th of December

Users who are viewing this thread

OK kids, that magical time of the week will soon be upon us and since its Christmas we have some particularly notable commanders for the event. In the red corner, Stalker of the 51st will be leading the British team. Meanwhile in the blue corner, MacDonald of the 92nd will be leading the Prussian team.

I would welcome any regiments that can give me a confirmation of their attendance and estimate of their numbers in advance, to do so in this thread so I can be slightly less exhausted on the day itself. Furthermore, this will be a full spectrum battle with light infantry (rifle) and cavalry units involved in the fray, so if your unit is especially inclined toward those branches of service (I'm look at your 6th Yuki) please do let us know in the thread.

As with last week, public players will be permitted to enter the fray, PROVIDED, they make sure to join the specially prepared public regiment. As mentioned last week, this is an impromptu group which meets up on the 22nd team-speak and will be led by Electro. Anyone can join (although I'm sure other regiments would be happy to take on random individuals during the course of the battle) provided they listen and do as instructed. We had great success with this unit last week so hopefully we can repeat that success again.

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to remind certain wayward individuals and regiments of the rules we have for the line battle. Each team has a leader, who will give instructions to the commanders of the various regiments - it is the duty of the commanders and their regiments to execute these orders to the best of their ability. Violation of orders is the kind of offense that ruins the flow of battle and makes the tasks of commanders even more difficult. Repeatedly engaging in this kind of activity is the sort of thing that gets units banned from taking part in line battles. Furthermore, given the difficulty we have in balancing things up in terms of classes and players, regiments randomly deciding to go off on their own as cavalry or rifles or whatever without a word to anyone is not something that is tolerable, we've been lucky about this previously lets keep the record clean as possible.

Lastly, the password, this is something that has been a repeated problem. The server password is given by the server admin to the two team leaders, who in turn give it to the regimental commanders who finally give it to their troops. Unless you are the server admin, team leader or regimental commander you should not be mentioning the password to anyone. We get a lot of requests for the password on the team-speak server, normally from people who aren't aware of the line battle or have any idea how to participate properly. Make CERTAIN, not to give the password out on team-speak or TS chat unless its directed toward a group or person you know personally and who you can be sure is taking part in the line battle. This has been allowed to slide previously but from now on will be penalized a lot more. Remember, random Rambo's = more lag.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

As always, the 6th army are looking forward to unleashing a massive stampede of angry saber-swinging horsemen.

Lets go for the full server limit these time people!

Looking forward to see both the 6th and the 4pp in action.

@Dane Everyone can contact me and ask for be a division commander. Although i will only take qualified persons for this job. So if you know anyone who is up to do this, feel free to tell me lad.

Best regards,

Donald MacDonald

DonaldMacDonald said:

@Dane Everyone can contact me and ask for be a division commander. Although i will only take qualified persons for this job. So if you know anyone who is up to do this, feel free to tell me lad.

Best regards,

Donald MacDonald
Can i be regimental Colonel of my regiment under your command macdonald xD?

Hey all
We (The 11th) would be glad to take part as the cavalry. This does not mean the whole 11th plays as cavalry, just one Battalion. Rest takes the melee job as usuall...
//Marshal Philip

Yukimura_Sanada said:
DonaldMacDonald said:

Best regards,

Donald MacDonald
Can i be regimental Colonel of my regiment under your command macdonald xD?

I would love to see the 6th dragoons serving under me again, like in the good old times. Just have a talk with Praetorian and ask him. He is the one who does all the organizing and he is doing it quite well :wink:

Aides remain in, just like last week and the week before, both commanders get up to four chaps to assist them in various tasks.

7th_Crownprince said:
Hey all
We (The 11th) would be glad to take part as the cavalry. This does not mean the whole 11th plays as cavalry, just one Battalion. Rest takes the melee job as usuall...
//Marshal Philip

Nice to hear from you at long last Philip, can you contact me on steam.

DonaldMacDonald said:

Best regards,

Donald MacDonald

Oh i think you misunderstood me :smile:
I meant aides like the ones that were tried out a couple of weeks back, with 2-3 people scouting for the commander. But i guess it aint neccesary with the inclusion of cavalry regiments in the LB :smile:

IrishPraetorian said:
As with last week, public players will be permitted to enter the fray, PROVIDED, they make sure to join the specially prepared public regiment. As mentioned last week, this is an impromptu group which meets up on the 22nd team-speak and will be led by Electro. Anyone can join (although I'm sure other regiments would be happy to take on random individuals during the course of the battle) provided they listen and do as instructed. We had great success with this unit last week so hopefully we can repeat that success again.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

As praetorian has said yes i Shall be leading the publics in great VICTORY as i did last time so come and join the fun we were very success full last time and i hope to be again :smile:
if you want to come join the 22nd teamspeak 3

Address:
ts.22nd.eu
Port:

Come and join the fun and

Hope to see you on the battlefield !

22nd will turn up, not sure about numbers, but we should have enough for atleast a line, the rifles, and a cavalry group. (small cavalry group)

@Electro i would really appriciate if you stop forming double lines. Especially behind regiments who don't even want that ****.

@Biteme Wow so many players :p now you only need a good captain to lead them *cough* nah nah making fun honey.

Best wishes,

Donald MacDonald

The 51st doesnt want to fight together with 1. gren and the the 14te. Thank you.

Condoz is right, in any case i have already spoken to praetorian. The specific side that the regiments will play on will be decided when we know for certain who is coming which will be before the linebattle.

Back
Top Bottom