Map Coordinates

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

I don't usually like asking for help but this time I'm really gonna have to.  :oops:

Thorgrim's map editor will not work for me as it reckons I'm missing a dll file.  I downloaded said file and it still wouldnt work so I've just given up on it. 

Unfortunately this then means that the usual method of sorting out coordinates on the map in Warband is unavailable to me.  I did find a thread with suggested that something should be modded in to allow you to press a key and have the coordinates pop up.  I assumed that this was to be done through the command line as I have not actually seen it used for anything, but I have had no success. 

Anyway I'm stuck because my mod cannot progress without the co-ordinates.  If there is anyone out there who can help I would be very grateful. 

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT: Sorry but just to make it clear I am looking for a way to find the coordinates although I will put up pictures of where I want the coords for, for someone who has the map editor to find out.  In fact that would be a great help. 

Thanks again.

phoenixguard09 said:
Thank you GetAssista I probably should have thought of that.  I'll get on it tomorrow. 

@ Egbert: Thanks for trying to help but that doesnt work on Warband.
The engine dumps the current player party position into a GDI overdrawn text. So you need to enable the debug output:

checkbox_swy.png
Enable Edit mode
checkbox_swy.png
Show FPS

And then  Ctrl + E  in the Strategic Map. Works fine in both game and expansion.

howto_strategicmap_coordinates_swy.png

Enjoy! :smile:

Are we talking about it being in the configuration part on the menu that pops up asking what mod you want to use?  Cause I can't find it. 

EDIT* Wow I feel like a collosal douche right now.  I found it just wasnt called FPS.  :oops:

Thanks everyone that helped.  My mod is back on track. 

Back
Top Bottom