Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Shapic said:
Please write exact text of the error

That is the problem. I cannot see the text there. When the game loads, the RGL error comes. there is no way to get back to desktop other than pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete and ending the process of Warband. This also ends the process of the error with it.

Without ending any process, I cannot see anything other than the taskbar and game's loading screen.

Used to be I had to run it in directx 7 to not run out of memory during the initial start up. now with the newest version I get an RGL error: unable to open file skyboxes.brf

Scully said:
Used to be I had to run it in directx 7 to not run out of memory during the initial start up. now with the newest version I get an RGL error: unable to open file skyboxes.brf

Have you checked if the file is present in the Resource directory? If it's there, have you tried to replace the file by one from your old 2.01 installation or rar-file? It's possible something has gone wrong during the download (during 1.0 there were sometimes faulty downloads reported, so maybe replacing that file will fix it).

I don't know why I get RGL error everytime I load the game. I cannot describe the error as I cannot see it's window. When the error comes, I have to quit either by ending Warband's process, or just pressing space key. This also ends the error, and I couldn't see it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm playing version 2.1 and after I take control of a Castle or Town and Do not pick a lord as soon as i capture it. I can not find any options that let me give the town or castle to a vassal afterward. Also I have already checked with my minister and he notifies me that there is land not being ruled but does not give me any options to give the land to a vassal.

candystand said:
I'm playing version 2.1 and after I take control of a Castle or Town and Do not pick a lord as soon as i capture it. I can not find any options that let me give the town or castle to a vassal afterward. Also I have already checked with my minister and he notifies me that there is land not being ruled but does not give me any options to give the land to a vassal.

And your minister is a companion, not the local nobility? (Recall that local nobility ministers have limited functions...they can't do this. You need a wife or companion/hero as minister)

monnikje said:
Scully said:

Have you checked if the file is present in the Resource directory? If it's there, have you tried to replace the file by one from your old 2.01 installation or rar-file? It's possible something has gone wrong during the download (during 1.0 there were sometimes faulty downloads reported, so maybe replacing that file will fix it).
I had accidentally downloaded basic mod >< Works now.

I am unable to enter the maps for villages, towns, and general battles but for some reason entering inside a keep is fine.  I am getting a runtime error everytime I try and enter a battle, village or wander the streets of a town.  I'm running 1.134.  I have tried to enter a village several times and it does the same thing everytime... either it gives me a runtime error or says it cannot open textures\\ground_earth.dds (the double \\ is not a typo)  Native works fine and so does the world map and inside keeps etc.

I have tried re-downloading/re-extracting the ground_earth.dds file but the error and the file checksum remain the same.  The md5 for the file is d5f2ce2fc1a7bb933a8e43d36ef0386e just incase it is corrupted.

[edit]  Tried a new game.  same problem.
[edit]
l75js.png

when i am down on the ground plaing as my character, when i press a button to move it sudenly goes into free camera and its really difficult to controll my character

GeneralHoz said:
when i am down on the ground plaing as my character, when i press a button to move it sudenly goes into free camera and its really difficult to controll my character

Hit ~ (the view character button) to return to the normal view.
By default, the arrow keys are assigned to the free camera. You can reassign them elsewhere in your camp menu.

ye i had same type of problem but u go onto camp, redefine free cam keys and then choose the buttons to do it for i think

John Felton said:
I cannot move the camera when my player is knocked out. It still focuses on the player.
Bugged. The fix for this will be in the next version.

GeneralHoz said:
ye i had same type of problem but u go onto camp, redefine free cam keys and then choose the buttons to do it for i think

The Death Cam (what Jon Felton posted about) and the Custom Cam or Free Cam (Hoz's post) are not related to one another. The Custom Cam is an in-battle addition that lets you look around freely. The Death Cam is after-KD and part of allowing the battle to continue. While you can set controls fro the Custom/Free cam (so they don't interfere with your battle functions), you cannot reassign the death cam controls--but they do flash up every time you are knocked out to remind you of them and they don't interfere with anything because you're knocked out!

Hmmm I seem to have a problem, when I die, I get a message that I can look freely and watch the battle, but I cant. o_O for some weird reason I get inside my characters body and if I press WASD +- it just kinda... nudges. what is this mod? Would it be fixed if I redownloaded it?

Oops sorry, I took a look at the bug reports and its reported there. Hope the V2.2 is out soon. :smile:

i got a problem

when i start the game i get an error      "unable to find file:CommonRes\weapon_meshes_c.brf"

is it because i try to run floris expanded mod pack on warband 1.1?
if not tell me how to fix it
pls answer with email
[email protected]

I'm not sure anybody can help me, but I'll try anyway. I have the game running via Steam on Ubuntu Linux. Everything in native works fine, except for the configuration menu. When I try to load the mod, I get a "out of memory" RGL error, which crashes the game. Since the config utility does not work, I can't tell the game to only load textures when needed. Does anybody have any ideas?

I am also getting the RGL error for version 2.1.  When I get the error and I have to cntrl-alt-delete it, I noticed that Warband is using 2.5 gig of ram.

EDIT:  Putting "load texture on demand" fixed this.  Why is your configure utility not working?  Mine works fine.

Back
Top Bottom