Support

Users who are viewing this thread

I am using Floris Expanded 2.54 but I have the same issue with only gameplay or basic. Also, I'm running Win 7.
Right after I start up the game I get the loading screen that says "Processing .ini file" then the game crashes and I get the error
"Rgl Error. get_object failed for texture ext_itm_helmet_sar_t7_veiled_c_normal."

Code:
Starting new log file.
 Version:  1.132 

-- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 1023MB/1024MB
-- CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5700  @ 3.00GHz (GenuineIntel)
 - L2 cache size: 2048K
 - CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT 
 - Number of CPUs: 2 ( Speed: ~3000MHz / ~3000MHz )

-- GPU:
 - D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 
 - Texture Memory: 2768 ( Available Texture Memory: 2763 )

Processing Ini File {
 Module_name =  Florisv255e 
 Num Hints =  12 
 Setting Map Min X =  -180.000000 
 Setting Map Max X =  180.000000 
 Setting Map Min Y =  -145.000000 
 Setting Map Max Y =  145.000000 
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  map_max_distance . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  has_tutorial . Skipping.
 Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000 
 Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000 
 Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000 
 Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000 
 Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000 
 Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5 
 Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3 
 Setting Base Companion Limit =  20 
 Setting player_xp_multiplier =  2.000000 
 Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.000000 
 Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  3.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  3.000000 
 Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000 
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  extra_penetration_factor_soak . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  extra_penetration_factor_reduction . Skipping.
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  0.800000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.650000 
 Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.500000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.500000 
 Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.750000 
 Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.000000 
 Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.650000 
 Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  1.000000 
 Setting shield_penetration_offset =  30.000000 
 Setting shield_penetration_factor =  3.000000 
 Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  1.900000 
 Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  2.000000 
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  multiplayer_walk_enabled . Skipping.
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  mission_object_prune_time . Skipping.
 Scan Module Textures =  1 
 Scan Module Sounds =  1 
 Loading Module Resource  min_env_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_bui_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_fac_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_fla_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_gui_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_itm_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  min_map_materials 
 Loading Module Resource  ext_itm_materials 
 ERROR: get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_helmet_sar_t7_veiled_c_normal

Never mind. Fixed it by updating my game/

I asked something related to the following question in the Q&A thread some time ago, but I think I wasn't clear enough. Anyway, here it is:

How can I make Lords who have switched factions switch their troops overtime as well?
I ask because I don't really like seeing that one Swadian Lord, for example, has switched to become a Swadian vassal and still uses Swadian troops in his army, even when the Swadian Kingdom has fallen already.

Also, would that change be save-game compatible?
I've played as a male character for a while now, but I'm actually considering using a character who is of my real gender next time. So if either the change is compatible or not, I wouldn't be so troublesome for me.

EDIT: AND, there is a tweak for M&B which makes troops recruitable from villages of the faction the settlement belongs to. My problem here is that the .txt file is a bit different in WB. Anyway I can apply it?

Thanks!

How can I make Lords who have switched factions switch their troops overtime as well?
No way to do that without editing the module system files. I honestly can't find the script over a quick pass and I don't have the luxury of time to really scour through. It'll be in module_scripts.py and is likely going to have the words slot_troop_original_faction. Look for instances of those that fall under a script that causes lords to spawn.

Though this is only necessary if you actually care about lords that aren't in your kingdom. If you have lords in your own kingdom you're trying to change, you only need to change your kingdom culture into something. It won't remove the troops already in their party, but every time they respawn from then on, they'll pick troops from the faction you chose. Or that's what it should do anyway. It hasn't happened to me in a while so I can't remember of it worked that way lol.

Similarly, yes. It won't get rid of troops already spawned but it'll affect subsequent respawns of the lord.

Hanakoganei said:
No way to do that without editing the module system files. I honestly can't find the script over a quick pass and I don't have the luxury of time to really scour through. It'll be in module_scripts.py and is likely going to have the words slot_troop_original_faction. Look for instances of those that fall under a script that causes lords to spawn.

Similarly, yes. It won't get rid of troops already spawned but it'll affect subsequent respawns of the lord.

Ok! Gonna take a look at them, thanks!

I'm playing 2.54 with AI formations and battle continuation.  I recently had a combat in which I put my archers with supporting infantry on top of a hill, then headed out with my horse archers to skirmish with the enemy cavalry (which usually ends up in an entirely different area of the map).  I got knocked out by a(n) (un)lucky lance up the pucker, but I wasn't worried because I have elite infantry and archers and they can take of themselves.  I'd got them well-situated on a hilltop, infantry in a shieldwall in front of my archers, so I moved my deathcam to watch the action and I waited.  And waited.  And waited.  The enemy stayed in formation and never charged.  My units stood there motionless.  I waited for 15 minutes before I gave up and reverted to an old save.

Is this typical?  Will they wait forever?  There has to be some kind of compromise between "YARRR! EVERYBODY BANZAI!" of native and waiting for glaciers to resculpt the battlefield.

If you greatly overpower the enemy with numbers or troop quality then they won't move. Your guys won't move unless you had given them a charge attack before getting knocked out. This is not only typical, it's the expected behavior.

Personally I simply retreat from the battle and retry. It counts as a retreat but not a loss. The enemy will still be available to fight on the world map, though you're probably going to end up with low health to begin the battle depending on the party skills of your companions that survived.

Hanakoganei said:
Alrighty, I've searched around the Forge and found this thread. Following what it states, I've looked for the cf_reinforce_party script at the module_scripts.py file, and found the following:

Code:
# script_cf_reinforce_party
    # Input: arg1 = party_no,
    # Output: none
    # Adds reinforcement to party according to its type and faction
    # Called from several places, simple_triggers for centers, script_hire_men_to_kingdom_hero_party for hero parties
    ("cf_reinforce_party",
      [
        (store_script_param_1, ":party_no"),

(store_faction_of_party, ":party_faction", ":party_no"),
		  ##diplomacy start+ The party faction may be changed for culture, but we still need the original
		  (assign, ":real_party_faction", ":party_faction"),
		  ##diplomacy end+
		  (party_get_slot, ":party_type",":party_no", slot_party_type),

Is this the correct script I need to modify? If so, how?
Do I need to edit the ##diplomacy part? I know nothing of Modding, but intuition tells me I'm going in the right direction.

EDIT: Also searched for "slot_troop_original_faction" script and found #Factor 5 - Penalty for changing sides. I think this is the right one, though I do not know what to do... I'll try messing with this for now. Any help is apreciated!

Thanks!

Any line that starts with # is a comment (regardless of the number of #'s). Editing or deleting them won't affect the game but they're there for modders so that you can put some notes.

It's the right place. I would first try commenting out or deleting the line
Code:

It's likely to work already just by editing that. That line tells the game to remember the original faction. Without that they'll have nothing to base recruits on and will only go by the current culture.

Hanakoganei said:
Any line that starts with # is a comment (regardless of the number of #'s). Editing or deleting them won't affect the game but they're there for modders so that you can put some notes.

Code:

It's likely to work already just by editing that. That line tells the game to remember the original faction. Without that they'll have nothing to base recruits on and will only go by the current culture.
Thank you, dear!

Hanakoganei said:

Code:

Update: Well, this didn't work - got an error when compiling.

Hmm yeah you're right. Sorry, I was too hasty in answering. Put that line back in.

Let's break it down and see if we can understand what's going on. At this point I'm also just guessing and I can't even compile it because I don't have the module system really set up.

If you scroll down to find these lines:
Code:
           (gt, ":town_lord", 0),
           (troop_get_slot, ":party_faction", ":town_lord", slot_troop_original_faction),
         (else_try),
           (party_get_slot, ":party_faction", ":party_no", slot_center_original_faction),

There's something you need to change here that will prevent the game from remembering the slot_troop_original_faction and look at the troop's current faction instead. Try replacing all that with this:

Code:
           (store_faction_of_troop, ":troop_faction", ":town_lord"),
           (assign, ":party_faction", ":troop_faction"),
         (else_try),

Try that first.

Hanakoganei said:
Hmm yeah you're right. Sorry, I was too hasty in answering. Put that line back in.

Let's break it down and see if we can understand what's going on. At this point I'm also just guessing and I can't even compile it because I don't have the module system really set up.

If you scroll down to find these lines:
Code:
           (troop_get_slot, ":party_faction", ":town_lord", slot_troop_original_faction),
         (else_try),

There's something you need to change here that will prevent the game from remembering the slot_troop_original_faction and look at the troop's current faction instead. Try replacing all that with this:

Code:
           (store_faction_of_troop, ":troop_faction", ":town_lord"),
           (assign, ":party_faction", ":troop_faction"),
         (else_try),

Try that first.
Working out well so far. I still have to confirm if Lords do switch troops - I'll update when I find out.
Thank you, darling!

UPDATE: Aparently, Lords still keep their original troops, no matter how many times you defeat them and they respawn. This on a saved game - I have not tried it on a new one. Continuing the research..

Since it's a script that gets called each time a lord needs to call reinforcements, it really shouldn't matter if it's a new save or not. But that's really odd. I was sure that's the right place. In fact I can't think of any other part of the script that gives them their default troops in addition to the troops they should be spawning with.

Basically I'm stumped, but I might have another look at it later on lol.

Sorry if this has been asked or is addressed somewhere else, but...I couldn't find it.

The "Auto Upgrade" system for the companions that you set. I.e. What they should upgrade to from the loot left by enemies, is not working. They continue to keep the same weapons and armor they have. No one has a shield (Which I specifically told all companions to upgrade to a shield) and none of them seem to be equipping any bow or arrows as well as no new armor.

How does the auto upgrade feature work? Is it not working properly lately? It's frustrating because I find it tedious to manually do it, but if I have to I will.

Btw, my version is Floris Mod Expanded 2.54 (The newest version of it). So, if someone can explain the auto upgrade feature and why it isn't working, it would be much appreciated.

I also changed the item threshold to 1000. But all they do is pick up weapons and armor and never equip them. It's annoying. :\

Hanakoganei said:
Since it's a script that gets called each time a lord needs to call reinforcements, it really shouldn't matter if it's a new save or not. But that's really odd. I was sure that's the right place. In fact I can't think of any other part of the script that gives them their default troops in addition to the troops they should be spawning with.
I also think it should be that one, so I might give it more time or something.

Kairyudragon said:
I also changed the item threshold to 1000. But all they do is pick up weapons and armor and never equip them. It's annoying. :\
Do your companions meet the requirements to equip the items?

Pjoft said:
Hanakoganei said:
I also think it should be that one, so I might give it more time or something.

Kairyudragon said:
Do your companions meet the requirements to equip the items?
Yes, they do. I figured it out though and why they didn't equip the items. For some reason the option above "access items" after a battle and in the camp menu wasn't appearing. It's there and I figured it out now.

Hi all,
can someone help me please, when i start to play and redefine the initial option of history of the character noble, squire, ... for money and glory...., when i pass to choose my own banner the game seems to freeze and the image seems to have older menu over banner image i press alt tab and try everything but i´m stuck always in that part.
There are more people have this error? Can someone help me pls.
Thks for all.

Try uninstall game and then clean install, other thing is get ur driver up to date.Also in 1.158 was fixed the known bug of banners freezing, so are you with version 1.158 ?

I'm currently on the latest version, and for some reason I no longer have control over what my units do via the hotkeys as they just don't work, I have to use the backspace menu. Any ideas why?

I have the last version and i already done a new installation, my only solution is to choose a no noble character.

Back
Top Bottom