[OSP][Item][WB] LotR: Gondor Equipment [FULL RELEASE v1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Taro8

Sergeant
Realse 1 Standard Gondorian equipment

Here is first part of gondorian equipment, in this one I included standard gondorian equpment:

- standard gondorian plate armor
- standard gondorian helmet
- standard third age leather covered shield
- standard gondorian spear
- standard gondorian sword with scabbard (scabbard MAY not work properly)
- gondorian bracers with leather gloves
- mail boots with shin guards

Screens (scabbard isnt in as I wasnt able to get it working)
mbwarband20101210192005.jpg

mbwarband20101210192057.jpg

mbwarband20101210192105.jpg

mbwarband20101210192618.jpg

mbwarband20101210210101.jpg

NOTE: Everything is FAR from perfect, I didnt know how to properly use shaders and stuff, feel free to improve models and textures.

FULL RELEASE v1:

This is first full release, it includes:

- All of standard gondor equipment (see above)

- Citadel Guard equipment:
*Armor with cape (cape needs to be rigged better, but I couldt get it right)
*Helmet
*Spear
*Shield

mbwarband20101212092015.jpg

mbwarband20101212092018.jpg

- Fountain Guard equipment
*Armor with cape (cape also needs more work)
*Helmet with and without mask

mbwarband20101212092113.jpg

- Extra items - I decided to throw in some extra stuff, those are items I cooked up quite some time ago, so dont whine about quality.

* Winged Swordsmen Helmet
* Winged Sword (with scabbard) - same as with bow, frames are inlcuded, but I wasnt able to get them working
mbwarband20101212092238.jpg

mbwarband20101212092253.jpg

*Steward Guard Helmet
mbwarband20101212092455.jpg

mbwarband20101212092505.jpg

* Gondorian Bow - I was able to put in animation frames, but they dont work ingame, but they are in BRF file so if anyone knows how will be able to get them working.
mbwarband20101212092606.jpg

*Wardens of the White Tower shield
mbwarband20101212092818.jpg

*2nd Age Numenorian shield
mbwarband20101212092830.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4baw33

Original models and textures created by Turambar. This is Open Source Project so everybody are free to use models and textures as they see fit.

I can't help you, but those armors are very tasty! Keep up the good work.

I think he is Taro_M who created his own submod, and created many gondorian units, so he should have permission, but I could also be wrong  :wink:

awesome! some little lotr mods will help us wait while the other mods are moving towards completion!

Just to make this clear, Turambar is the original creator of gondorian models and textures. However we closely cooperated in their creation and recently I revised all his work improving textures and models themselves. He dosent have problems with others using them. On the other hand Rangers of Ithilien model and textures are my work.

I dont want to upload unfinished work, I want to fix bugs first so other wont have to do this.

So, does anybody know how to solve those 3 problems I described in in 1st post?

When you set specular settings, do you put numbers into Spec RBG and coeff? And which shader are you using?

And as for uploading your current work; I don't mind if they arent done yet, since I'm not making a mod or anything. I just like looking at textures/models. Especially lotr ones :razz: And then it's also easier to give feedback.

1. Can't help you much. I just use autorigger in OpenBrf.

2. Just copy one of the native materials until you know what all of the features do. For example, look at the full_plate material to get an idea for both specular and bump. It uses specular_shader_skin_bump_high so you could use that as well for yours. Then just make sure that you have your diffuse, normal and specular maps, set the the spec RGB numbers to something or other (the full_plate material uses 10,10,10) and set the coefficient (once again, full_plate uses 20)

If you follow this system, you should get something looking decent. Then you can tweak the numbers to make it brighter or duller.

3. Here's how to make a sword scabbard work.
a) Make a scabbard mesh and a sword hilt mesh.
b) Move the sword hilt so that it is resting on the scabbard. Import this into OpenBrf and save it.
c) Import the SAME mesh again as a frame of vertex animated mesh.
d) Decrease the size of the sword hilt so that it is tiny. Then hide it inside the scabbard where it won't be seen. This is because both frames need to have the same number of vertices.
e) Import the new mesh (with the hilt hidden away inside the scabbard) as another vertex animated frame. Set the time of frame to be 10.

So now you should have three frames. 0 is scabbard with hilt. 1 is identical to 0, 2 is the scabbard with the hilt hidden.

Done.

Edit: Here, I even took screenshots of it for you.
scabbard.jpg

something I noticed in the pics at this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404516
those looks a lot like warband models

Very nice job very nice indeed, you have really created good copys of gondor armor's and id say the ranger is god to go i didn't see major nor small faults on him, keep up the good work

something I noticed in the pics at this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404516
those looks a lot like warband models

Yes I know stealing and stuff, but I dont have any money from it and its completely different game. Besides trust me, its royal pain in the ass to convert Warband models so they can be used in MTW2. And I made it clear from the start I will use models from M&B.

Besides, that is why I want to convert gondorian models to Warband, to pay back a little. So wait a moment before you report me to local authorities, ok?

----------------------------

Thanks Mandible, this only leaves rigging, but right now im going through crash course of rigging in blender, its not going all that good, but maybe I will pull this off.

Back
Top Bottom