Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh, okay. Thread seems to be a bit dead.

Anyway, I'm a Vaegir vassal and we're embroiled in the Third Vaegir-Nordic war. The first war saw Curaw lost, the second saw it regained and besieged again and the third war has just resulted in the Vaegirs (without my help) taking Knudarr Castle.

Shortly after this message, I got an invitation to come to Khudan for a feast. I wanted to but received messages that enemies were close to both Ismirala Castle (my fief is the village Ismirala) and Rhadogir Castle, also close to my village so I was a mite trepidatious to leave as the village is both en route to the Nords' apparent goal of Curaw and apparently also the number one target for raiding. Which I can not accept.

I decided to go anyway and soon received message that Curaw was under siege with a large army nearby. Okay. That's not good. On my way to Khudan I spotted a lot of Vaegir lords as well. They were afraid if approaching the besieging army of Nords as Konungr Ragnars force numbered in the 300 men and our lord Yaroglek only had 235. I decided to force the issue and drew battle.

7Pb_N.jpg

Now, simply eyeballing the armies made me hesitant to judge size. The Nords had (a) bigger armies(/y) but the Vaegirs had more lords.

DgBZF.jpg

Let's do it! In this first battle I had 63 kills and went through three horses. Dismounted my own (steppe charger) after it got too injured and slow, jumped on a leathered sumpter, it got taken down, I took a light brown vaegir horse and eventually was knocked out in a messy melee.

V6pmb.jpg
3lM94.jpg

Due to my injuries I had taken to simply battering down my foes. Shield up, steppe charger at full speed and running over any hapless nord seperated from the herd. It worked well enough and I even survived the battle without being knocked out. I'd shot two full quivers of arrows and my shield was gone but victory nonetheless and both me and horse were still standing. 60 kills/knockouts.

y0oaG.jpg

I entered this battle with a mere 8 hitpoints and the first hit I received knocked out 7 of those. Eventually got a javelin to the chest bowling me off my horse but by then the tide was already firmly in our favour and we won.

Curaw was saved and the Nordic might was thoroughly broken. I also picked up 6 lords (amongst those Ragnar, worth 11100) and 12 more prisoners (already had 2 lords). The non-lord prisoners were a total of 3500 as well, so all in all a damn fine catch.

Ofcourse, I picked up a bunch of mercenaries both from Curaw and Reyvadin (Virago, Burgers, Mounted markswomen) to replenish my losses and sometime before this battle I had hired a 13-some of Kenaus.

After this huge battle, I went to recuperate near my village and got new reports that there were troops near Ismirala Castle. I went and checked and saw my good friend (26 relation beforehand) Kumipa in battle with 45 troops against 70 nords so I helped him out a bit. I took 10 heavy cavalrytroopers (them Kenaus) and provided a nice bit of heavy cavalry to the overwhelmingly light infantry Kumipa had. My charge was a bit of a failure but I saw a single kenau take down both greatsword-wielding horse-mounted Nord-lords. They were chasing her and although I tried to help out, she didn't seem to need me.

Freelancer (from my FTIO sub-mod for Floris Expanded mod) I customized as heavy pikemen being ready to face Swadian army!

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

And this time, these are my heavy spearman in tight battle against very large groups of army... It was totally epic battle!

mb22.jpg

B0A4CB561E51ACBC7704D3F5F06BE186230B1563

King Merswood of the Kingdom of Calradia.

This is the first time I've actually managed to decently found a Kingdom, unfortunately I've now more or less lost it because the kingdoms proceeded to declare war on me and wipe me out easily... *sigh*. I wish it was easier to keep a kingdom once you'd founded it.

Does the gold look good or it's too bright/shinny?

Edit: Second try, based on heraldic plate and mail's golden thingies:

I was wandering around the Vaegir provinces when I came across Bulugha Castle. It was a beautifully made scene, I must say.
Mr24SWO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom