Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

milanp98 said:
You should add "Fire at my command" like in napoleonic wars.

It's actually fairly easy to do. Try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack/comments/1jh9ka/guide_for_vechs_enabling_advanced_formations_in/

If anyone ever does an update for the Floris Mod Pack
I suggest:
Fixing the companion lord EQ (so that they don't change what they have -- especially jarring when you see Matheld as Swadian or Nord Alayen)
Enabling a Player Faction/Player Culture troop tree for villages
Fixing landlords (more than 10 patches of land give negative income ROFL)
Option of having "Meet the Guild Master / Village Elder" unlocked by default
More buildings if possible (I know it's quite a feat in scripting, but it's definitely doable...)

I love the mod that tells you that you've experienced an injury and lose so and so in that stat the injury affects... It would be interesting if there was a notification that your mount has gone lame. I see a lot of lets players completely miss the fact that their horse is lame, and figured that would be a helpful little addition. :wink: Can hardly wait for the day I get to play Floris myself instead of watching other people play it.

Great work, modders, and I hope to see more ^.^

It would be interesting if there was a notification that your mount has gone lame.
There actually is one. o_o It's shown as text on the lower left. You/they might not be noticing it if they have kill notifications on.

It says stuff like "Your horse has been crippled..." or something. It even has a message for when the horse outright dies, like, "Your horse fell dead."

So I have a few suggestions for this mod:

1: Be able to recruit manhunters.

2: Manhunter parties do not have only manhunters but also upgraded troops like slave crushers and etc.

3: Be able to sell prisoners to manhunters.

4: Money that you get for selling prisoners is based on your trading skill (Ramuns prices remain the same).

5:Being able to create a bandit: Major factions and manhunters hate you, bandits do not attack you, bandit hideouts are like towns (able to recruit bandits, sell loot and prisoners, buy supplies and weapons, but if you want quality items you have to sneak into towns and buy them)

I suggest, a way to turn the cheat debugs off completely, I'd rather have nothing overflowing my log than have a choice of economy/diplomacy notifications or both, just need a way to stop the flooding.

When defeated, make companions gather at an allied tavern instead of randomly pick one, granted there are allied taverns available.

Okay, I legitimately read through that spreadsheet.  So here it goes.

I know you guys are working on more quests, I see a lot of reference to various Quest Packs in the comments on the aforementioned spreadsheet.  Here are some of my specific suggestions for quests.

More use of items in quests.
Villages ask the player to transport goods to towns (like thew towns ask transport of ale/ wine).
Villages ask you to gather goods to support a festival they're having.
Towns ask you to check up on villages and gather goods from them to bring back.
Lords ask you for goods to support their upcoming feast/ reward their troops.
Pitiless Lords ask you to bring them salt (to salt the land after battle).
Calculating Lords ask for exotic fruit (dates) (to gift in their political endeavors).
Self-righteous Lords ask you to bring them tools (to discipline their troops).
Martial Lords ask you to bring them iron (so their blacksmith can create a suitable reward to their troop who first breached the wall).
Upstanding Lords ask you to bring them beef (for their men).
Good-Natured Lords ask you to bring them ale.
Quarrelsome Lords ask you to bring them rotten beef (give it a use).
Debauched Lords ask you to bring them oil (left to the imagination).
Ladies ask you for linen/ cloth/ velvet (I know you can send gifts via Diplomacy, but what about actually going to the lady and seeing if she wants anything).

More non-item quests:
Letter delivery for Village Elders, Guild Masters, Ladies.

"Useless" Tourney Rewards: like with real tournaments of the day; items that have no actual equitable worth, but look pretty (and perhaps sell for a lot).
Control the foods your troops do and don't eat (so they can focus on that beef/ chicken/ pork, that's going to go bad).
Enable dates as food, at least for feasts.
Please, please, please, name Guild Masters, Village Elders, Travelers, Ransom Brokers, etc... so we known which one's we've talked with (I remember names more than clothing...).
More siege options: what's the point of sneaking in to a castle (although I see the point of towns) if you can't do something "productive" while you're there: poison food/water supply, sabotage weapons/ defenses, open the gates?
The ability to force prisoner lords into exile in exchange for their freedom (huge persuasion requirement).
Single, unwed (non-lord) Sons for us female character players.
Have lords use your title based on your lands within an existing faction.

...probably enough for now...

Thanks for such a great mod, it is by far my favorite.  It also seems better tested than not just most other mods, but also than With Fire and Sword.  Thank you for your continuing hardwork and dedication.

I hate to break it to you but Floris is on hold indefinitely. The former Floris team is basically working on other projects and all that's left is a few official contributions for bugfixes and unofficial works by submodders like me.

Considering the large scope of the suggestions you make, mostly quest and scripted stuff, it's unlikely we'll see them put into place as an official thing. A submodder might pick them up, but tbh there aren't a lot of submodders that aren't busy with other projects. However, this might be a good opportunity to learn how to edit the module system files and add those in yourself. They aren't hard to implement, just tedious, and would probably require new resources that we don't currently have in the game as well (trophy items, etc.).

Single, unwed (non-lord) Sons for us female character players.
This is already default though. A lot of characters start off single, like Rochabarth of Swadia or Rimusk of the Rhodoks. They're usually brothers of a single lady, which is a good clue to find who's still single. Just ask ladies about their relatives and take note of their brothers.

The reason I know about these dudes in particular is because I usually try to court their sisters lol. There's a lot like them though. But trying to get them romantically interested in you is probably harder (Warband Native design) than it is for a male character courting a lady. Then again it's still kinda hard to court a lady. If you aren't the pushy type, many ladies will say no to a marriage proposal if they or their parents already have somebody else in mind. So if you're having trouble finding a hubby for your female character, know that it's not supposed to be a guaranteed thing.

If you're asking for more NPCs though, as in completely new NPCs, you're definitely going to need to edit the module system for that, because you need to set up the faction and relationship data and stuff.

Yeah. People like me were plenty disappointed lol. There were a lot of great plans for Floris 2.6 that just aren't likely to push through anymore at this point. But it happens and it's okay. All of this is supposed to just be a hobby anyway, and it shouldn't take over more of our lives than necessary. Whenever we feel like moving on, like to another mod, another game, or maybe another hobby completely, we should be free to do so. It's how we prevent ourselves from getting burned out, and it keeps the game fun for if/when we do decide to come back.

It's still possible for people, even not the original team, to pick this back up and push through with a new [possibly unofficial] version of Floris, including a lot of cool features. After all, the source code is just lying around and distributed with the mod by default. It's just unlikely because most people are intimidated by trying to learn how to mod the game. I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but I lack motivation.

I completely agree.  Guess I'm just a little late.

I really want to learn sceneing myself, but yes, that intimidation (and lazy) factor plays in.  Guess I'll have to use this as motivation.  Still tons of fun to play.

Oh yes definitely. We still have a lot of active players and modders. Especially since the recent patch that allows play on Linux and Mac. But the original Floris team isn't working on this.

But still, we were given permission, and in fact encouraged, to make our own submods for Floris. So keeping the suggestions thread alive is good, especially if we can get some new submodders interested in picking them up.

The module system is fun. Tedious, but it has a lot of flexibility.

The team still lurks in the background, but yes, most of us have either taken a permanent break from modding or are tied up in other mod projects.  Sub-mods and updates by interested folks are well encouraged by the rest of us.

Shinno said:
Hullhy said:
So I have a few suggestions for this mod:

1: Be able to recruit manhunters.

I am with you on that one. Even though you can obtain them by killing bandits and recruit them post-fight.
I already have it working but my Floris is giving me way too many compile errors because I'm not done with my submod. And because I'm stupid I forgot to back up my files lol.

But if you have the dev suite, which you probably do, I can teach you how to install it and compile it. It's the preferred method of installing this kind of mod anyway, due to the high possibility of giving errors if we insert such a mod as a .txt tweak without knowing exactly what we're doing.

I'll assume you're editing the expanded version files.

1. Back up your module_dialogs.py file. It's in the \Modules\Floris Dev Suite 2.55\Source\Source - Floris Expanded Mod Pack\Module directory. You may also want to back up the .txt files in your Floris folder just in case.

2. Search for "manhunter_talk". You should see the following bunch of lines:
Code:
  [party_tpl|pt_manhunters,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Hey, you there! You seen any outlaws around here?", "manhunter_talk_b",[]],
  ##Floris MTT begin
  [party_tpl|pt_manhunters_r,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Hey, you there! You seen any outlaws around here?", "manhunter_talk_b",[]],
  [party_tpl|pt_manhunters_e,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Hey, you there! You seen any outlaws around here?", "manhunter_talk_b",[]],
  ##Floris MTT end
  [anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_b", [], "Yes, they went this way about an hour ago.", "manhunter_talk_b1",[]], ##Floris MTT - was party_tpl|pt_manhunters
  [anyone,"manhunter_talk_b1", [], "I knew it! Come on, lads, lets go get these bastards! Thanks a lot, friend.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],##Floris MTT - was party_tpl|pt_manhunters
  [anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_b", [], "No, haven't seen any outlaws lately.", "manhunter_talk_b2",[]], ##Floris MTT - was party_tpl|pt_manhunters
  [anyone,"manhunter_talk_b2", [], "Bah. They're holed up in this country like rats, but we'll smoke them out yet. Sooner or later.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],##Floris MTT - was party_tpl|pt_manhunters

3. Delete or comment those out.

4. Copy this and paste it where those lines used to be:
Code:
# Edit: Option to recruit Manhunters.
[party_tpl|pt_manhunters,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Greetings, {sir/madam}, we are currently hunting for bandits in this area. Do you need anything from us?", "manhunter_talk_menu",[]],
[party_tpl|pt_manhunters_r,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Greetings, {sir/madam}, we are currently hunting for bandits in this area. Do you need anything from us?", "manhunter_talk_menu",[]],
[party_tpl|pt_manhunters_e,"start", [(eq,"$talk_context",tc_party_encounter)], "Greetings, {sir/madam}, we are currently hunting for bandits in this area. Do you need anything from us?", "manhunter_talk_menu",[]],
[anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_menu", [], "I was wondering if your men would like to join my party. I'll pay fair wages of course.", "manhunter_talk_recruit",[]],
[anyone,"manhunter_talk_recruit", [], "Hmm. Interesting. Well our services aren't cheap, but if you've got the coin...", "manhunter_talk_c",
  [
  (set_mercenary_source_party, "$g_encountered_party"),
  [change_screen_buy_mercenaries]]],
[anyone,"manhunter_talk_c", [], "If you need anything else, let us know.", "manhunter_talk_menu",[]],

[anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_menu", [], "Do you need some more men? I could spare a few.", "manhunter_talk_give",[]],
[anyone,"manhunter_talk_give", [], "Really? We sure could use the extra men!", "manhunter_talk_c",[[change_screen_give_members]]],

[anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_menu", [], "Are you interested in buying some of my prisoners?", "manhunter_talk_prisoner",[]],
[anyone,"manhunter_talk_prisoner", [], "Of course! We get paid for every prisoner we turn in, after all!", "manhunter_talk_c",[[change_screen_trade_prisoners]]],
[anyone|plyr,"manhunter_talk_menu", [], "Alright. Good luck.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],

5. Save and compile. If you don't know how, search around for how to use the Dev Suite.

The features included in this:
- Option to hire any members of the manhunter party into your party.
- Option to give troops to the manhunter party, in case you want stronger manhunters roaming your territories.
- Option to sell prisoners to the manhunters.

- edit: Oh yeah, just a disclaimer. I dunno if it's working for Floris yet. Like I said I got compile errors due to my module_items and module_troops being messed up. It should work in theory, though there's always the possibility of making a mistake. It works just fine in another mod that I compiled, but it didn't include Floris's MTT system.

Don't know if they already posted it, but what about changing the way you use your weapons as the proficiences increases?
Like, your character would handle and swing the weapon like a professional fighter, with some shorter movements, as it was in real sword fighting. Leaving less opened to attacks and the sword, at the swing action, would stand between you and the enemy, for example, but just for a esthetics.

Back
Top Bottom