Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

With looting skill 7 I don't buy weapons and armor in marketplaces, only lordly ones :roll:
Really chances are good, you just need the skill. I mean YOU, not your teammate, who is knocked unconsious.
Well, those who modify items will modify them anyway. Whether it is making more ammo, or so.
My point is not things like threehanded sword or so, just some lord specific equipment. But for kings... why not?

Shapic said:
With looting skill 7 I don't buy weapons and armor in marketplaces, only lordly ones :roll:
Really chances are good, you just need the skill. I mean YOU, not your teammate, who is knocked unconsious.
Well, those who modify items will modify them anyway. Whether it is making more ammo, or so.
My point is not things like threehanded sword or so, just some lord specific equipment. But for kings... why not?

Yeah, that might be the problem I always have, I can't justify for myself to put points into looting, there are so many more useful skills than looting, so I'd be more likely to create more companions for myself for 2.5 and have one of them as my looter, because I like to have companions with quite specific skillsets. It seems there's just not enough skill points in a lot of cases, especially if you're like me and you like archery, for the Masterwork Strong Warbow you need at least 9 in power draw, and I seem to have gotten a bit overboard on the strength on my characters: 30 in strength on most my companions and my own character, about 5 of them including my own character have 85 HP, I just find it more useful combat wise since you have to use your money for something anyway, so why not for buying gear?

Looters will give you a skill bump to looting. Max of +3.

Ofc you need many and they suck at fighting :smile:

I must admit it bothers me that early one the players stats are lower than low level troops.  I realize this is to make the game more challenging, and that I can easily export my character and give myself better skills.  Likewise I can give myself some money and get the equipment I want by "cheating".  But thematically that doesn't fit so well.  Standing in the shower, where I always do my best thinking  :grin:, it came to mind that what we need is an option to start off as a deserter.  Optimally, you could select which type and level troop you are.  As there always needs to be a "catch" for anything good in WB,  your honor level would have to be very negative.  I would also have the initial relationship of all the lords of the faction from which you deserted be inversely related to the level of troop you are.  That is, if you desert as level 2 troop, they don't like you much.  If you make yourself a  level 7 troop they hate you with a passion and you are dead meat if caught alone.

As my mind continues to wander, after selecting what kind of a deserter you are, the player would then be able to not only choose his/her path to fame in the "normal" manners (merchant, mercenary, bandit, go-for for lords, etc) but also a leader of deserters.  Instead of having to pay exorbitant sums of money to pay deserters to join you as normal, they could ask to join you for lesser amounts (as you are one of them) or even flock to your banner based on your skills, renown, and lack of honor.

Of course it's a lot easier to dream than it is to code.... :wink:

At the character creation you are able to choose different character backgrounds and cb_thief is one of them. I havent tried all of them, but they do start you off differently. (I definetely remember different weapon points and if this doesnt extent to skills, please excuse and ignore this post :razz:).

Duh said:
At the character creation you are able to choose different character backgrounds and cb_thief is one of them. I havent tried all of them, but they do start you off differently. (I definetely remember different weapon points and if this doesnt extent to skills, please excuse and ignore this post :razz:).

It does impact your starting skills, so you can technically just find the path that will fit your plan of progress with your character, even though being a noble will probably be considered the best choice, since you'll be able to obtain your banner right away, you get some extra honor as you start. Also if I'm not mistaken at this last one; you are treated differently by other lords at the beginning of the game at the very least. (I never really picked nobleman). Maybe one could set a skill point difficulty setting at the start of the game that would let you obtain less or more skill points and attribute points, so for example the easiest setting would give you twice as much as you currently get, the medium one would keep it as it is and the most difficult would cause you to need 2 levels to gain what you're currently gaining, either making the game easier or more difficult for yourself. It's something that could work, but again you don't want to go through too much at the starting screens.

The thing about being able to choose a tier of troop you'd want to be and deserters wanting to join you based on your lack of honor: What if you start out with a tier 7 troop and get that massive decrease in relationship and honor, but then you work your way back up to a positive modifer, will the deserters stop joining you and rather attack you? Will the lords just stop treating you like a deserter? Will they mention you being a deserter when you encounter them? If so it'll take a lot of work modifying the game and the dialogue, I like the idea, but it might be a bit problematic in some fields.

ChristmasInDuck getting level 10 is a matter of hour or so. Starting as level 30 will be considered cheating. Because it damn is. Try ranger' apprentice mod, you can get ranger apprentice at start and start kicking asses from the very beginning. Funny. First 30 minutes. Than it's like meh...
Those who want "to stick more to the building kingdom thing" and so on can export character or use savegame editor.

Shapic said:
ChristmasInDuck getting level 10 is a matter of hour or so. Starting as level 30 will be considered cheating. Because it damn is. Try ranger' apprentice mod, you can get ranger apprentice at start and start kicking asses from the very beginning. Funny. First 30 minutes. Than it's like meh...
Those who want "to stick more to the building kingdom thing" and so on can export character or use savegame editor.

I actually prefer a more challenging game, so I don't really export or import any character, I've got characters at level 37, 39, 39, 40 and 43. They've all been leveling up from scratch, but I slightly modify some of the skills because I wouldn't want to add 30 points into agility just so that I can have my character be good at horse archery when that seems to be the way I like to develop my characters. I tried on the two first and I found my character lacking in a lot of other aspects like leadership and so forth. However when 2.5 does come out I guess I'll try to set it to the most difficult setting I possibly can without changing up anything like that, might be interesting to see how I'll do, especially since I prefer creating my own kingdom without joining up with a faction first. I've just never actually tried keeping it at the highest difficulty for the entire time playing.

what do you think of Port somthing betwin Town and Village and only place where you can buy some special item exotic material food, hide, drink and other things :?:

hunting area time to time it appears (like bandit lair) you can gain meet and hide :?:

it allready was here mentioned Tier 6-7 uppgrade in to companion i think it culd be cool but only Tier 7 and limited by leadership one point three companions  :twisted:

No, but it should be :grin:

They're really nice textures. I assume that they would overwrite the standard files, rather than being whole new items. That's good, considering how much RAM you need to play this mod effectively  :razz:

I was playing another mod, Blood and Steel, and while ultimately I just missed all the extra bells and whistles Floris hasm Blood and Steel has one thing that is very very awesome.

Peasant Revolutionary.

you start with negative relation with all lords, negative honor, no money, and unimpressive skills, but +15 rep with all villages. its a rather challenging start since about the only way to get a lord to not-kill-you-on-sight is to come to thier aid when they are losing a battle or break them out of prison. I spent my first few months either in jail or running away from lords and trying to sneak into cities untill I managed to save the life of a Sarranid noble and gained safe passage through thier empire.

I think Floris could deffinatly use some more meaningfull starting options, not sure if this sort of thing would fit with the overall feel of the mod, but I think it could be a fun challenge.

:lol: ?!

Sry dual wielding is unlikely to be implemented. First off, its very hard to create and second off, its unrealistic. Input != Output

Ikaguia said:
use the sticky "suggestions" thread
Duh said:
LoLz.

Abremms said:
I think Floris could deffinatly use some more meaningfull starting options, not sure if this sort of thing would fit with the overall feel of the mod, but I think it could be a fun challenge.
Yes, in the future new starting scenarios/quests would be lovely. Very time intensive to create, but they would be quite rewarding.

Bobo87 said:
what do you think of Port somthing betwin Town and Village and only place where you can buy some special item exotic material food, hide, drink and other things :?:
This is a possibility in the future, particularly with the sea trade now. Other things first.

Bobo87 said:
hunting area time to time it appears (like bandit lair) you can gain meet and hide :?:
Hunting, a mix of Rigale skill-based and Brytenwalda shooting animals is a hopeful addition, too, in my mind.

Bobo87 said:
it allready was here mentioned Tier 6-7 uppgrade in to companion i think it culd be cool but only Tier 7 and limited by leadership one point three companions  :twisted:
You'll see this next version.

when i played mount and blade i was yousing mod Lords and Realms and i was thinking it was great when i get warband i culd not find good mod it was allways bugs or boring and when i found this one it is F****** GREAT MAN!!!!!!!

lazeras said:
troop level into account when determining morale penalty based on size
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg1576674.html#msg1576674
I hate the thought that a highly trained elite troop is just as unhappy about marauding about the countryside in a large party as a newly recruited peasant. 

Working in the Salt Mine + Slave Labor
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,58846.msg1520931.html#msg1520931
Option to work in the Salt Mine as a way to earn some extra gold. It works basically the same as resting in a town, but the player earns gold instead of losing it.
Now included the option to put your prisoners to work in the Salt Mine. After putting prisoners to work in the salt mine, you will earn gold based on the number of prisoners working.
There is now a chance that some prisoners will escape, but you can station troops to help prevent it from happening.

Bounty Hunting
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59300.0.html
The bounty quests have a much shorter time limit (1 week instead of a month) but also a much shorter "give again" timer (again, 1 week) and you can have up to 6 at a time

Combat Abilities [KIT]
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62230.0.html
RAGE, +5 Power strike, +5 Power throw, +5 Agility, lasts for 2xStrength sec, requires 14 Strength
FOCUS, +10xIntelligence to weapon proficiencies, +5 Agility, lasts for 2xIntelligence sec, requires 14 Intelligence
SPRINT, +7 Athletics, +15 Agility, lasts for 2xAgility seconds, requires 14 Agility
WHISTLE FOR HORSE, call a horse to come to you, more than one with higher Charisma, requires 14 Charisma
FIRST AID, treat your immediate wounds to recover 3xFirstAid+Intelligence hitpoints, requires 14 Intelligence
BATTLECRY, rally your wounded troops to fight and recover 3xLeadership+Charisma percent of their hitpoints
WARCRY, unleash a fearsome cry to terrify weaker oppnents around you
TAUNT, attract the attention of your enemies, more with higher charisma

bastard swords penalty
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132658.0.html
“AFIK, bastard swords and two-handed swords suffer 35% penalty to both speed and damage when used with one hand (e.g. on horse). Therefore I don’t see any reason to use the bastard swords: they are weaker than one-handed swords when used with one hand and weaker than two-handed swords when used with two hands. What is worse, they decrease the fighting ability of those poor units who happen to have them in their inventory and who always use them as a one-handed weapon (with a shield). But this could be improved if their damage penalty could be decreased (with the speed penalty being the same). In this case using bastard swords with one hand you will sacrifice speed for length.” See  post 2

Battlefield Tactics kit. revamp
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34685.0.html
There's been a whole lot of interest in my formations of late, so a put together a kit which would allow both the player and the ai (allied or enemy) to use multiple moveable formations of either line, box, or wedge shape for any type of there troops. In addition, battlefield morale is implemented

More prisoner lords options
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117275.0.html
I use one of those option that let me release lord in my dungeon. However, the condition check wasn't done correctly and it let me release lord from all dungeons.

Expanded dialog system kit
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130284.0.html
I thought some dialogs were a little bland, especially the ones where you have list of things (such as the tavern minstrel maiden list or the looking for from lord/ladies), things are also a bit cumbersome there, since you have to go

Giving identity to generic bandit parties (a name generator)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105569.0.html
I don't like how bandits and caravan party have generic name, so I gave them random name to make me easier to identify them.

Duel Kit v0.5 released - duel your troops, companions, lord and kings
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57584.0.html
Features
• Practice duelling with your own troops, from recruits to knights
• Duel your companions. Firentis *****ing about Katrin again? Beat the **** out of him! 
• As your renown increases, duel lord and eventually even kings!
• Duel mounted or on foot using a range of weapons options: your own weapons, sword and shield, 2-handed weapons or ranged weapons.
• The kit keeps track of how many times you fight a certain npc and whether you win or lose. The dialog changes accordingly.
• Duels take place in arenas

Improved Auto Resolve
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59553.msg1575769.html#msg1575769
• Horse attack values split out to its own slot
• Troop type divined from tf_guarantee flags
• Tweaks to attack values based on troop type (thanks MartinF!)
• Shield values use shield size rather than 100
• Strength calculation changed to use the new values
• 3/6 resolvers re-worked to use the new data (others not forthcoming)
• Various and sundry tweaks I've forgotten

Arch3r OS: Terrain advantage
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68434.0.html

Adding option to rebel? 5th post
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137972.0.html

Troop Ratio Bar
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53062.0.html
Hello, everyone. I have created a Troop Ratio Bar.  In battle, the Troop Ratio Bar displays the amount of troops remaining for each participating side in battle (green for your troops, blue for allied troops, and red for enemy troops.)

I don't know wich of these have already been implemented but...

Back
Top Bottom