Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

monnikje

Master Knight
Suggestions

Here you can post your suggestions for future releases and updates. Do you know a mod that should be added to the list, or any feature that is lacking? Suggest it here!

Check the Suggestion Tracker to see if your suggestion has been made before.

I think Brytenwalda's trading system is not enhanced, it's just inflated :smile: Higher prices - more profit. May be there is a way to make it optional? I prefer native prices.
Maybe there is a way to modify map a bit? There are few villages (at least Vaegir's and Nord's) placed at the outskirts. Move them a little closer to other.

Shapic said:
I think Brytenwalda's trading system is not enhanced, it's just inflated :smile: Higher prices - more profit. May be there is a way to make it optional? I prefer native prices.
Likewise. It would be nice if the expanded food is also an optional - e.g. an additional item that you can purchase if you have a large army, and skip when you're a poor starting character.

On remote villages - I think it's nice that these exist. Their location makes them interesting, because they are less likely to be raided, but also more likely to suffer from bandits and less likely to become prosperous. E.g. there is some trade-off in their location.

I tried to make this run and haven't gotten it to work yet, but already have a suggestion/question.
I listened to about a  dozen of the songs included and didn't think they would fit well into the game. Actually I didn't like them at all. How would one go about disabling this portion of the mod?

well only suggestion i can imagine at the moment is bug free release :smile:

One suggestion comes in my mind. Develop new interesting missions.

dejakritz said:
I tried to make this run and haven't gotten it to work yet, but already have a suggestion/question.
I listened to about a  dozen of the songs included and didn't think they would fit well into the game. Actually I didn't like them at all. How would one go about disabling this portion of the mod?

Go to the following directory: \Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.01\Music
Listen to the songs to find the ones you dislike andd kill or rename them (renaming would be safer). It worked for me in 1.0 (not tested on 2.01) although I guess there must be a "cleaner" way.

I'd like there to be an option to keep Native troop trees. Some people, including myself, tend to like smaller, more focused trees instead of a large influx of units with unclear uses.

Other than that, absolutely fantastic mod.

I noticed a change from old mount and blade to warband.  I do not know if this has been mentioned before but it is on my wish list and might be simple enough to do.
I remember on some castles the tower keep would have steps or stairs around the outside giving access to the top.  Is there a reason why that was removed from warband?
Would it be possible to add that to Floris mod?

Add that mod which lets companions equip themselves with loot, I'm far too lazy to micro-manage them and in any mod without it, just ignore them tbh.

Edit: Nevermind, it's there, just didn't pop up in the village fights I had :smile:

Hatt said:
I'd like there to be an option to keep Native troop trees. Some people, including myself, tend to like smaller, more focused trees instead of a large influx of units with unclear uses.

Other than that, absolutely fantastic mod.

I'd have to second this.

Menu:  In the upgrade menu I suggest that I want to know what I'm upgrading my units to.  :mrgreen:
I love the new troop tree and I don't want you to change the name.  But I do want to know if I'm upgrading my unit to an archer, infantry, or horse.  Maybe add I little box next to or under the name of the unit showing which one they are.

I know nothing of modding except that in M&B there are "coordinates"(?) for menu placement (I think).  If it is possible I suggest you put the little boxes (or something) showing the basic unit type we are upgrading to.

Know that I am not "complaining".  This is BY FAR the best mod to be released for Warband as of now.  It is almost overwhelming (in a good way).  :grin:

edit/ I also see someone else is confused as to the uses of some units.

braydog92 said:
Menu:  In the upgrade menu I suggest that I want to know what I'm upgrading my units to.  :mrgreen:

I know nothing of modding except that in M&B there are "coordinates"(?) for menu placement (I think).  If it is possible I suggest you put the little boxes (or something) showing the basic unit type we are upgrading to.
Unfortunately the Party Window is hard-coded. So far as I know, there's no way to do what you ask or make any other changes to that screen.

I think it's a fabulous mod and I'm having a great time with it.  The only thing I would like to see is more companions added.  I'm a bit tired of the same-old faces (and complaints :razz:).

Consider changing tournament betting amounts to something higher (there are a *lot* of high priced items and units about now after all).
Consider letting the player and units use their own gear and horses in the tournament (makes for a rougher and far more interesting fight).

Consider tweaking lord escape rates from battle/player party and ransom offer chance as well as ransom amounts.

Native economy + all these new items = eeeeh

I quickly added all suggestions form the previous topic to this list, and hadn't considered them. Now I've also added your suggestions :smile:.

Shapic & disenchanter: I like the native prices too. But this idea of optional food might be a good idea. I changed that suggestion.

dejakritz & Crounch: When you replace music.txt by the native one, none of the new songs will be played. That's all you'll have to do to get rid of all those songs. If you want to use some of the new songs, you'd have to go to the source code, change the lines where the songs you dislike are mentioned and delete those. Another option is to take songs you like, rename them to the current names of the songs and replace those old ones by your new ones.

Niewitch: Hehe, I'm doing my best :smile:. Unfortunately getting a bugfree release is a tough nut to crack.
I like your suggestion to make new missions. I'll have a look at that. I don't know if I can make that happen for the coming update (bugfixes come first), but I'll certainly get to it.

Hatt & zacrobmer: I'll try to make a separate text-file that you can download with the native troop tree.

Dorta: If I change all the castle scenes, this might be doable.

braydog92: I like the idea. Too bad it's not possible. But maybe there's a work-around: I'll think about that.

Macroi: Maybe I'll add more :smile:. But not now: first I'll concentrate on the bugfixes. Creating a new companion isn't that hard: writing his lines are much more of a challenge. It took me an evening to write Floris' lines.

El-Diablito: Some nice suggestions there. Raising the betting amounts can indeed be an option, but I'm not sure I like people to use their own gear in tournaments. The way it is now, people have to rely on their own skills and not on the bonusses a good armor or bow give.

is the troop somewhere in the game i cause i would like to know what i am upgrading my men to its pretty much a guessing game right now

Make ransom payments more realistic, they are way too low. It's pretty strange that you only get a handful of denars for soldiers you captured in battle, when their equipment alone could be sold for far more than that. I think a fully equipped and trained soldier should be worth a lot more than a few pieces of bread and cabbage.

This is especially ridiculous when talking about lord's and even king's ransoms. For example, I recently captured the Nord's king, and all I got offered for him was a measly 7000 denars. His equipment alone could be sold for at least twice that amount. That's some "king's ransom"...

Back
Top Bottom