Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm a stickler for faces, and that's probably the only thing that annoys me about this game.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=116278.0

Try Silverstag if you want more roleplaying stuff. They have a lot of cool features that can really enhance the gameplay experience, including delegation of tasks to your companions and stuff like that.

As for lore, there isn't much to work with. It's usually not a good idea to try to dig too much into Native lore due to how open and largely unwritten TaleWorlds intentionally left it (so as not to hinder the possibilities for sandbox). All we know is that these six factions have an ancient claim to this continent. The rest of the lore is provided via glimpses especially by talking to companions and claimants. If we're going to add our own lore we might as well do a completely new story.

As for war parties, have you run into the bandit war parties yet? Most people complain about how hard they are and have even asked for options to turn them off. I think that should suffice. If you want the other existing war parties to be more challenging, there's multiple ways to edit everything so it's all harder. But the easiest is to edit the party templates via Morgh's to use higher tier troops.

Playing Floris, I've noticed one of the major advantages also gives a huge disadvantage. The new battle scenes look far better and feel more medieval-y. That being said, some are laid out in extremely silly ways. Primarily, Halmar.

The layout of Halmar now largely removes the advantage of being a defender. There are two walls, one functioning as a barbican. Playing as a defender, you and all of your soldiers will spawn on the inner of the two walls, meaning the enemy's ladders are on the outer wall. What ends up happening is they climb up the ladder very slowly, as one does, but completely uncontested as it is impossible to move the troops to the outer wall before they mount it. Then, their archers remain on that wall as their infantry comes down the stairs and enters the gate to the city proper. They'll climb up the stairs wherever they can, and slaughter any infantry you've placed there; the battle mechanics of Mount and Blade give an advantage to those lower on stairs, and the troops climb stairs at ~2x the speed as ladders, and can have many more at the top of the stairs at once.

Using the barbican would be awesome, but it completely prohibits defense at the chokepoint, before the enemy get a foothold. It is also far worse to try and hold a gate versus a wall, as your archers can't shoot at the enemy while your infantry brace against them, unless the infantry submit themselves to the enemy archers, mounted on the outer wall.

I like the manhunter idea, some people have suggested I add Manhunters and Bandits "Join-able" factions in Freelancer. Maybe I will with the next release. Hmm.

bestguy said:
I think it needs more lore. More role playing. Also needs more war parties to make it more challenging.

Bestguy, Try Rigale also http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,209.0.html ALLOT of RP mechanics in that Mod.

:mrgreen:

Recruiting Manhunters isnt a bad idea...sicne there are like 20x more manhunters roaming around than there are actual bandits. That may need rebalanced anyway.

I'm sure this topic has probablly already been brought up but there's like 130+ pages of comment to sift through, so ill just mention it and see...

I thought it would be a nice idea if female characters had the option of going up the Sword Sister tree in the freelancer mod... I know there was an old bug that forced them to follow that tree that was fixed. Maybe just include it as an promotion option from peasant to break off into Peasant woman or whatever instead of totally baring players from the tree.

I have instructions for a manhunter recruitment submod that I posted somewhat recently if you haven't seen it yet, but I haven't fully tested it. You can talk to manhunters in the field and recruit them or give them troops.

Right now the only way to include that is through the module system. I'm not confident with my .txt tweaking as it gave me errors when I attempted, but the module system style seems to work alright at least for the Expanded troop trees.

About women and Freelancer, I'm working on a new project loosely based on the Original Freelancer idea , but not using the tier climbing as a base system.. This Mod will start from nothing and eventually go all the way to King of Calradia in mind. This means an end game. I won't say too much about it now and there will be little to no information until we have at least a semi stable prototype.. As for tier climbing we do have in mind for joining of Bandits, Manhunters and general Mercenaries... The sword sister idea certainly could be a possibility. As has been noted before most of the Floris team is otherwise unavailable.. but not all of us :wink:

G :mrgreen:

ooh, that has me a bit hopeful...  I'll for sure keep my fingers crossed to see that system someday.

I've always felt that things were... lacking... when it came to the sisters (not skill wise, i think their fine as they are) but a lot more could be done. Like making them a joinable min-faction or something.

Another mod has something like Knightly Orders... (i have NO idea how that works, just saw it in their description and thought, Cool!) Think it was profecey of Pandora or something like that? not sure i've only really played this and Gekokujo (where the Onnabushi suffer the same problem as the Sisters i feel) ~anyway when i saw the Orders first thing i thought of was the Sisters (and Lord Soth's Order of the Rose).

If there will be more upadates, i suggest adding more kinds of outlaws, like in "a new dawn" mod, but not to go as crazy as it did. Something similiar, but softer for fresh starts

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
If there will be more upadates, i suggest adding more kinds of outlaws, like in "a new dawn" mod, but not to go as crazy as it did. Something similiar, but softer for fresh starts

Considering the creators themselves confessed in this thread they don't work on the mod anymore, I don't think your (or anyone else's for that matter) request will be fullfilled. You just either have to be satisfied with what you have or search for another mod.

Seeing all those growing bandit mobs, sometimes lead by a hero and often dragging a whole caravan of prisoners/slaves with them, got me thinking.

1. The player has the option to recruit prisoners, can the bandit hero do the same?
2. Is it possible for a bandit hero lay siege on a castle or even a city and when victorious make it a bandit hub (or "free state")?

In this idea 1. works as an extra source of units for the bandit hero to be used when going for 2..
When they have captured a castle or a city its of course open season on them by all other major factions to "liberate" the city and by doing so ending the reign of the hero.
It also gives the whole bandit hero thing some sort of goal.
Every hero comes to a certain point he/she overreaches, right? :twisted:

Hi.. I just played Mount&Blade: Warband for one month, and I must say...this game is awesome. But quickly I feel the game is somewhat repetitive, so I googled mod for this game and I stumbled upon Floris Mod Pack. I proceed to download some more mod and played them. It is Floris Mod that really suit my taste. And I made this account just to thank to all devs who have made this mod.

I also think that if this mod has more feature, it will become best native expansion mod of all time for WB. So I want to post some suggestions based on my experience.
- Outpost and fort system. If we can entrench a camp, what about upgrading it into something better
- Give every lord and liege some kind of household troop that can only be recruited through castle, town, or capital
- Regional mercenary
- Some mini factions, maybe like Teutonic Knights for Kingdom of Swadia, Assassins for Sarranid Sultanate. Some are mini factions that pledge allegiance to bigger factions, some are rogues.
- An invader faction that appears after 200 days of game.
- Cheaper ships at ports
- Manor and salt mine system
- More fief improvements

Sorry if I wrote too much suggestion. But I would be so happy if you guys added them for the next version, especially for regional mercenary, mini faction, cheaper ships, and fief improvements. I really liked the kingdom management simulation of this game.

Once more, thank you.

2 things.

• What mod in 2.55 is making bows all have 90 accuracy, X-bows have 99 accuracy, and all arrows add1-3 extra damage instead of default values?

Why is it not listed as a change in 2.55? How about we get an option to not install that?

Testing: 300 Swadian A7 (Longbows) vs 100 Rhodok A7 (Crossbows)

5 tests - 10 / 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 paces seperation. Ranks. Volly fire

5 tests - Skirmish (avoid melee)

The Crossbows won every time. It was not even close. The Ranks fight at 100 paces ended with almost 30 crossbowman still alive.
  • Is there a way to flag troops as non-combatants? It is SO tedious to have my merchants/hunters/priests/etc. in their own squad, and have to tell them to retreat EVERY battle. I also have to do math before every siege to make sure I know what round of reinforcements they are going to come in so I can remember to tell them to retreat from that as well. Otherwise they just charge in like idiots and get killed.

I have to suggest than the player must be able to cancel the village looting anytime, just like the AI does all-the-time.
It would be realistic and logical, and most importantly it would put the player and the AI on equal terms, because I consider the current state of things as an AI cheating with its ability to cancel raiding and the player isn't allowed to do it.

This is a big problem with native Warband as well as with its many mods. Don't know why somebody wouldn't fix this nonsense after so many time...

created an account to suggest the possibility of becoming a vassal but still being able to enlist into one of your factions armies. Also possibly the ability to get vassals to help you overthrow the king.

Back
Top Bottom