Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I have some suggestions for town enterprises for "evil" characters who either roleplay villains or want to keep their honour rating down.  These would be criminal enterprises which, in addition to earning an income, would also deduct honour each time they make a payment.  My suggestions are as follows:

* Slave market: Income is based on the number of prisoners held in the town (consuming them over time).  The "raw material" which can be given to the business are prisoners; obviously you don't want to hand over expensive, high-tier prisoners, since you'd get more selling them to a ransom broker.  The model for one of the prisons can be used for the shop.

* Smuggling ring: Income is based on the *lack* of goods.  The poorer the city, the more prosperous the smuggling ring.  This provides an interesting and perverse incentive to keep a town wretched and poor.  As a side benefit, you can automatically sneak into any town where you have a smuggling ring built.

* Brothel: The income should be based on the number of female prisoners given to the madame, up to a limit of, say, 20.  Each week, one is "consumed," so it needs to be restocked regularly.  As an alternative, a single female companion can be given into servitude, acts as a full staff, and is never consumed -- but can never be gotten back.  She disappears from the game forever.  (This should give a very, very large honour penalty.  It should also make any party members friendly to the companion very unhappy.)  As a side benefit, you can get the equivalent of the "I'd like to buy a barrel of ale for my men" dialogue from the madame for free for a morale boost for your army.

* Thieves' Guild: Gives a small income based on purchase of tools as a raw material, but the real benefit is that it can pay off with equipment.  Each payday, a random piece of equipment has a chance (suggestion: 50%) of showing up in the business storage.  The quality of the item is based on the prosperity of the town.  The richest towns can therefore pay off with an item of up to the highest tier of quality.  It can go lower, but never higher, than the highest prosperity of the town.  So a wretchedly poor town will never give more than tier 1 equipment.  A rich and properous town can give any tier of equipment.

* Hashashin Guild: Income is based on the number of enemies of the lord of the town; the more enemies he has, the more money it earns, though it earns more during peace than it does during war (since war provides more avenues for getting rid of enemies).  Possible exploit: setting one up in every town the player owns and becoming the most hated person in Calradia.  I suspect this would be self-nerfing, however, since being hated by everyone would be a large problem.  As a side benefit, the player will never be ambushed in a town where she or he owns the Hashashin Guild.

And I'd also like to suggest a new improvement for towns and castles:

* Torture Chamber: The amount paid for noble prisoners held here is doubled, but you get both a loss of honour and a relationship penalty with the prisoner and all his allies and friends when you ransom him.

You may want to pass those suggestions on to Silverstag instead. It's sort of the spiritual successor to Floris, as it took a lot of the game system changes that are included in Floris and added a lot of new ones as well. Regrettably, Floris is no longer under active development, and the few modders still working on submods such as myself are too busy to implement new systems like that, no matter how cool they might be. D:

Incorporate the mod that allows you to keep fighting as a random unit in your army after you are knocked out (used in mod anno 1257).

Sorry I opened that excel file but cant go through 400+ lines to check if this was requested :p

first of all sorry for my language

my suggestion is add " FIRST IMPRESSION " so the player get the feeling wow and wanna more of it ^^ because when im first play it, it didn have impact and middle-late game where it become more intresting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first well lets remind the quest in the beginning of the game,when we get attacked by thief and help brother of merchant, help merchant to lead the townsman against thief/bandit, after that the merchant go to king but get kick out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

->> NOW THIS WHERE WE ADD IT, (maybe we add it so we must meet merchant in tavern?) MEET MERCHANT IN TAVERN and he say he get kicked out didnt it?? and ADD he will INTRODUCE you (player) to his friend THE MASTER GUILD in town.

->> then in master guild, if u wanna do quest in the guild you must do the TEST first

->> add BOARD near master guild to view quest so we didnt need ask him "what task bla bla bla" (AND WE CAN ADD MUCH MUCH MORE QUEST YAY)

->> and the quest have requitement star(difficult level quest),relationship,level,skill,or man needed or something like that, so the quest can reveal/or already but can't get it.

->> u of course THE REWARD ^^

===== here example for view the quest in board =======
CzxSivX.jpg

hmm  this is all for now hehe maybe if i have an idea again i will post it again.
and this my idea and suggestion, i don't know if it can be planted in the mod lol
well whatever, just wanna say thanks for the mod its really great, hope my suggestion can give inspiration maybe or get the games get more interesting and intruguing to play it.

Good suggestions. I dunno how to do quests yet though. Not that I have the time to really make a complicated mod like that nowadays...

because when im first play it, it didn have impact and middle-late game where it become more intresting.
I agree haha. Actually that's true for most mods though. It's always slow to start especially when you're weak and poor and can't really join the wars yet. That's why I often import my high level character instead. Start hiring troops and mercenaries and pick a side.

Could someone make an actual "Gameplay only" version? I installed the expanded edition, and immediately disliked the new sounds. I then installed the Gameplay version, and they were all still changed. Looking at the features list, the only things Expanded has that Gameplay doesn't are 993 items, 44 songs, and 674 sounds. It seems odd to me that the Gameplay version still changes so much of the non-gameplay stuff.

I would like to request a version that leaves vanilla sounds (and possibly textures, but that might make mod things look out of place) untouched.

Other than that, love the modpack!  :grin:

MeMyselfAnDie said:
Could someone make an actual "Gameplay only" version? I installed the expanded edition, and immediately disliked the new sounds. I then installed the Gameplay version, and they were all still changed. Looking at the features list, the only things Expanded has that Gameplay doesn't are 993 items, 44 songs, and 674 sounds. It seems odd to me that the Gameplay version still changes so much of the non-gameplay stuff.
The "Gameplay" version is more about being streamlined for computers with less RAM and processing power.  Not so much a version that has nothing enhanced beyond the native items / sounds.

I would like to request a version that leaves vanilla sounds (and possibly textures, but that might make mod things look out of place) untouched.
There is no active development team for the mod so a new version is unlikely.  You can try removing the sounds you do not want from the sounds folder in the Floris module folder.  This should cause them to use their native versions.  Just move them to location instead of deleting them in the event that they're unique to the mod and need to remain (to prevent errors).

Firstly, thanks for your response.

Secondly, is there an easy way to know which songs/sounds replace native ones and which ones are unique? Or do I just guess and hope I don't delete important ones? Because I'd really rather not have to go through over 1,000 sounds trial and error-ing them all...

EDIT: I tried deleting the arrow fly-by whistling noises as a test, and archery became very quiet. It didn't use native, it just used nothing at all.  :sad:

To be able to convince lord to join your faction while they are imprisoned would be a great in the next update of this mod .
:grin:

not a huge suggestion but it seems kinda weird to me that each faction doesn't have a pike troop as an option. even if they aren't a very powerful trooper and a dead end troop line it seems kind of strange to me atleast that in this setting each faction doesn't have troops to fend off a cav charge

I know that some do . the swadians have a few aswell and that's who I usually play as since forest bandits are a lot easier to chase down and catch then then desert guys are :grin:

if your playing as the nords though and don't want to take the morale hit for using swadian troops when your at war it's a heck of a long hike just to replace your pikemen

As the last active dev windy is working on silverstag. I would recommend it to anyone who liked floris.

Back
Top Bottom