WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced a bug where I lost most of my denars, I had almost 1M denars and it just disappeared into thin air and then I had about 20K remaining..

At first I thought it was bugged due to me having too much but apparently it wasn't, so now I'm just stumped on how or why it happened.

For reference, I was a lord of sarleon and had 2 centers, (laria & seven cross) and I was also about to break off from sarleon with both my centers and another that I took from d'shar

I guess I can just add the money back in, but I would like an explanation or a guess as to what happened.

This isn't exactly a bug, but I've noticed the defenders' pathing in some settlements is terrible to say the least. For example in Singal, archers tend to crowd near the spawning point. I've also noticed only a handful of them shoot incoming enemies at all, despite having full line of sight, and even then  very sporadically (even though they just spawned and should have full quivers). They don't budge regardless of what command I give them. Worst of all, they block the spawn, making it impossible for reinforcements to reach the ladder.  This also happens in many other cities or castles.

On the other hand, some castles like Haringoth are easy to defend for the reason that everything works as it should. Archers shoot from battlements and don't bunch up in one place blocking the pathway to the ladder. Am I missing something? It seems that I'm having trouble defending certain settlements (losing sieges I would otherwise be able to win) due to confused NPC behavior rather than actual challenge.

As most siege scenes are from the original native game you´d best complain there as PoP didn´t mess with the games pathfinding or spawning route within the scenes or battlefield.

A-C: This is happening just about every battle
d) Win 7 64-bit, 4GB RAM, don't have vid card specs handy, but doubt it has anything to do with that
e) Not a crash, just a bug

So it's been a while since I played PoP, but M&B is one of my favorite games, so I recently picked it up again. Since I started playing again, just in the last few months, I've been having issues with battles. Specifically, with the system for ordering allies about the field. They don't listen to me. Several groups just spawn in holding, while the others charge; if I try to adjust the orders for any group, they all just stand around, no matter who the order was given to. This happens most often in field battles - sieges will work fine most of the time.

The units will still fight back when attacked, but they won't take orders.

And it may be unrelated, but I noticed on one of my last battles that, even though we won, my party lost a crap-ton of morale (75 points, I think it was).

I did completely re-download the game today, scrapped my old file, and just kept the save. I have not attempted starting a new game yet because I don't want to give up on my existing one...it would just hurt too much. Does anybody have any ideas about how I can fix this?

PS - be warned, I may not check back promptly, but since I've posted something here and want this fixed, I'll check in as soon as I possibly can. I apologize in advance for any delay in responding to any direct inquiries. Also, if anybody knows of a free software-only solution for vidcapping the bug in action, I'd be happy to demonstrate the frustration. I just don't have any hardware, or the finances to get anything.

Hey everyone! Just recently I began having problems with the auto-loot system. Whenever I try to "Let heroes select gear from the item pool", they just dump whatever they have in their inventory into the pool. Doesn't happen with weapons, though, and only some horses are deposited.

UFPwl8e.jpg
Vnlz84X.jpg

This is seriously bumming me out, anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

They're set to upgrade armor, weapons, that sort of thing, I haven't changed the settings for ages now, so it's not something I did. Only started happening very recently.

[edit] sigh it looks like all the stores are empty too and quigfen's asking me for a qualis gem again. Could this just be a corrupted save?

They all say that, then suddenly remember this one thing. :smile:
Be specific about a piece of equipment that was thrown to the pool by the companion and shouldn't have been. Also post companion stats and auto-equip orders.

edit: guess so

I got the go kill this guy in a village quest and upon arriving at the village I couldn't find him. It was during early morning in the city of Aldelen. Not sure if the new city style doesn't spawn the nervous man or the mod changes it so you have to ask everyone which I tried doing, but I'm pretty sure I asked everyone in town.

4pw6fk.jpg

can anyone figure what this is about ?

happened in Amere, during a vill fight. Every kill counted double, no damage report visible (albeit they were ON).

anyone ??

MadVader said:
What's "damage report" and what do you mean by "every kill counted double"?
Seems a kill counter bug.

well, I mean that in battle the kill counter showed 2 for every enemy I killed. I downed 2 guys - the counter showed 4 (upper left corner). "Damage report" is the writings in the bottom left corner of the screen that show up after you hit an enemy. you can turn them on/off in game options (like "Delivered 50 damage", Head shot !, etc)

this report came up after the battle was over.

well, just reporting if it's to anyone's interest.

1-I joined the Order Of Eventide and they didn't award me any armor, while the knight said, "wear your armor well!" Was the knight trolling?
2-I took the kill the D'shar raiders quest from eventide knight(bounty hunting), at the steppes I came across 23 and 27 raider parties (they engaged, other hostile raider party joined the battle) and I killed all of them single handedly, it was a real pain in the ass really to dodge all the lances and stuff. However battle took two turns, in the second turn of the battle there were 6 of them left which ran from the previous battle. I killed them too and when I looked at the quests screen all that effort was counted as 477/3700. I think the meter only counted the last phase of the battle which I downed 6 of the raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom