WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent payed much attention about towns changing ownership. I was just trying to make some money by trading, because party upkeep was going high.
I checked each and every town and lots of villages on map - spices and dyes + tons of chicken only. sometimes 1 or 2 pieces of other resources.

Exported character and started a new game. Maybe i finally finish it, without corrupted savegames or HDD failures :grin:

Complete and total beginner here providing a small bit of feedback.  I recently got M&B: Warband from Steam and have been playing the heck out of it.  So, naturally, I thought I would look into mods since those tend to really make a good game shine.  When I google "Warband MODS" and other similar searches (top mobs, and even specifying 2014) one of the first web sites that comes up is as follows:

nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/top/?

From that site, under Files  and Latest Files it prominently displays Prophesy of Pendor as the 2nd mod listed.  HOWEVER....  cutting and pasting the very first section: (excluding my asterisks):

***Prophesy of Pendor V3.6 WARBAND

***SINGLE PLAYER WARBAND ONLY

***Not save game compatible with earlier version
***Not usable with Mount&Blade - WARBAND ONLY

As you can see.. it clearly states that this mod is for WARBAND ONLY    and says it multiple times.  Then, on the URL to get support and help, the very first few lines say this:

"PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANY BUG REPORTS!  PLEASE CONFINE YOUR POSTS HERE TO BUG REPORTS ONLY (RATHER THAN OTHER TOPICS OR QUESTIONS!)

PROPHESY OF PENDOR 3 IS MADE FOR M&B v 1.011.  You cannot play it with Warband, so please don't report that it won't load. (Error message: costumes_a.brf error)"

So.. someone somewhere needs talk to... well.. someone, so the information can be corrected and updated.......well..somewhere :smile:    because as a complete beginner, I just stopped reading right there since the left hand apparently does not know what the right hand is doing. I just thought that whoever put all the work into a mod listed in the #2 spot would rather know the issue a noob like me first encounters than not know.

That's because the link for support on that Nexus page is for the original M&B version. The thread we're in currently is the proper one for Warband support. Not really a huge issue either way.

Everything seems to look, And work fine but whenever I click play I get the error troops.txt missing and then crash. I have already downloaded multiple times, And was wondering if someone could send me the troops.txt and triggers files.

Not sure whether this has been reported yet (not a very important bug):

I became grandmaster of Silvermists...captured Snake Cult Castle for the Silvermists...then I lowered relations until I got kicked out, tried to siege the castle, but I can't.

Instead, I can still enter the castle and use its services.

Now, the actual bug: A mirror of my player spawns with a small contingent of silvermist troops, dialogue is the same as usual patrol (hostile in this case).
It really IS a mirror of myself, spawns with same face, same equipment, same name, and once I ko'd it, I was down to 20% health (as if Ko'd myself).

Try restarting your game and seeing if it still happens. It's a bug that happens in Native as well, that not even TaleWorlds can reliably reproduce. I've personally never had it happen, ever.

Just a minor issue I've noticed:

The Talon of the Falcon soldiers seem to have a higher weekly cost than the Knights themselves. I haven't noticed similar things with any of the other order knights / sergeants, though I haven't checked carefully.

Hi, I bought the Mac version of Warband (still in beta) as soon as as it was available (I was used to play it on Bootcamp), I downloaded PoP and it works quite well but for a weird bug: some faces are completely black (you see them for the first time in the customization of your character) as are many banners and weapons (should be all stuff unique to PoP).
This problem remains with the not-beta-anymore (but still not quite "perfect") version.

I searched on this forum and on others and I see other people have this problem but I haven't found a solution.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks in advance.

Luciano

Empiro said:
Just a minor issue I've noticed:

The Talon of the Falcon soldiers seem to have a higher weekly cost than the Knights themselves. I haven't noticed similar things with any of the other order knights / sergeants, though I haven't checked carefully.
That's an issue with overpaid horse archers I believe, should be sorted out in the next version.

Is it possible to sneak into Tuldar Fortress? When I slay ever guard, the game will freeze for about a second, every few seconds.

Hey!

I couldn't start POP. Got a "RGL ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Prophesy of Penfor 3.611/Resource/PendorHorses.brf"
It seems I don't have the file named in the error. Installed POP normally on a M&B WB 1.430.

Does someone have advice?

Hehe, yeah the previous verson was obviously 1.143...

But the problem persists in 1.158. So now that I have the right WB, would someone have advice to the specific error I encountered?

(Namely: "RGL ERROR: Unable to open file: Modules/Prophesy of Penfor 3.611/Resource/PendorHorses.brf")

MadVader said:
You probably fail at downloading. Redownload.
Treebeard said:
Vades said:
Hi,

I'm having an issue opening the game after DL.

I'm receiving this error: RGL Error
                                  Unable to open file
                                  Modules\Prophesy_of_Pendor_3.51\Resources\PendorHorses.brf

Any help would be grand.

Thanks

If you do not have PendorHorses.brf in your Resource folder (which in turn is located in your PoP 3.51 folder), then this error will occur. The reason in your case might be that there is a problem with your downloaded rar file and PendorHorses.brf (and possibly other files as well) is missing. If the rar file is intact with all the contents, then perhaps you extracted the PendorHorses.brf file to the wrong folder.

I captured Kelredan Castle and started the Kingdom of Pendor, creating the Silvermist Rangers. I lost the castle to Sarleon, but captured Mysthorn keep, but when I clicked on "Create A Knighthood order" there were no choices available. I have a Qualis Gem and 145 honour. I then captured Silveredge Keep with the same result. I am not even given the option to form my own RKO.
Epicrules thinks this maybe a bug.

rellum said:
I captured Kelredan Castle and started the Kingdom of Pendor, creating the Silvermist Rangers. I lost the castle to Sarleon, but captured Mysthorn keep, but when I clicked on "Create A Knighthood order" there were no choices available. I have a Qualis Gem and 145 honour. I then captured Silveredge Keep with the same result. I am not even given the option to form my own RKO.
Epicrules thinks this maybe a bug.

Further to this, I re-ran the creation of my Kingdom, formed the Silvermist Rangers and captured Mysthorn Keep. I kept Sir Rayne in my party and was offered the Order of the Falcon but not the chance to form any other order for which I qualify including my own RKO.

I've encountered an odd one: every time I restart Prophecy of Pendor, some of my Options settings reset to default - the lance controls, block controls, show attack direction, and all graphics options. Also, the first slider shows "str_not_found: ui_music_volume." Not gamebreaking, but very annoying. Any way to fix this? I'm guessing there should be a text file I can edit to adjust the defaults, but I can't seem to spot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom