WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting errors out the arse.

When the game tries to load reinforcements(Almost positive it wasn't new enemies), I got a runtime error.

When I first tried sneaking into Laria, I got a runtime error(screenshot:http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9634/69644736.jpg)

When I tried besieging whitestag castle, I got a PLUS morale modifier when I retreated, and a runtime error when I tried to have a second go around.

This was all after turning the graphics down to DX7 and lowering the battle size.

@Wonderbread: Please list your specs and settings used when crashed as those errors sound like your system was overwhelmed. As far as the Morale boost upon retreat, did you have a high Kill/Death ratio? Also, how is it that you are sieging so early in the game!?!  :shock:

froggyluv said:
@Wonderbread: Please list your specs and settings used when crashed as those errors sound like your system was overwhelmed. As far as the Morale boost upon retreat, did you have a high Kill/Death ratio? Also, how is it that you are sieging so early in the game!?!  :shock:

I, heh heh, used a few native cheats to gather a lot of adventurers quickly. (AKA teleport and extra cash)I was already heavily invested in my non-Warband POP, and I didn't feel like completely starting from scratch. And yeah, now that you mention it, I did have a high K/D ratio. About 40 or so dead Sarleon troops vs a single wounded on my side. Guess who got wounded.  :lol:

Oh, and sorry about forgetting to post my specs.

76513060.jpg

I, heh heh, used a few native cheats to gather a lot of adventurers quickly. (AKA teleport and extra cash

....aha! Burn oh sinner!!!  :twisted:

Yep, the high kill/death ratio will boost your morale even tho you retreated. Thanks for specs but could you add your videocard and also graphic settings + battlesizer?

froggyluv said:
I, heh heh, used a few native cheats to gather a lot of adventurers quickly. (AKA teleport and extra cash

....aha! Burn oh sinner!!!  :twisted:

Yep, the high kill/death ratio will boost your morale even tho you retreated. Thanks for specs but could you add your videocard and also graphic settings + battlesizer?

Graphics card is an 8600GT.

Graphics settings were set to medium, and Directx7 was used.

Oh, and battlesizer was originally 150, but after the first crash, I turned it down to 100.

EDIT: I can now confirm that a lot of my woes have to do with loading new scenes in general. Whenever I'm loading, there's a VERY noticable pause, moreso than in the previous POP. Will setting absolutely everything to low fix this? I don't really think I should have to do that with an 8600GT, though...

NEW EDIT: Yep, setting it to "Low" fixes the multitude of C++/runtime crashes...

Wonderbead said:
EDIT: I can now confirm that a lot of my woes have to do with loading new scenes in general. Whenever I'm loading, there's a VERY noticable pause, moreso than in the previous POP. Will setting absolutely everything to low fix this? I don't really think I should have to do that with an 8600GT, though...

In the pre-launch menu when you start WB, go to Configure and then the Video Tab.

In the check boxes section, only have the following checked:
Use pixel shaders.
Force vertical  sync.

In the Rendering Method, select Direct X9

In the textures details go down a bit to 89%. Set max frame rate to your monitors frequency (60).
Use anti-alias = Off

Go also to the Game tab and make sure to set Blood = Off.

Exit the configurator and start the game again.

There is a noticeably long load time at startup but after that it should be loading as normal.

In the in-game Graphics Options:
If you have rag dolls and corpses turned on, lower them to 0.
You can also turn off HDR lighting.

With these settings, there should be less issues graphics wise. You can also comment out the buffer_size lines in game_variables.txt if the above does not help you.

Hello gents. Great work on the mod. Was a big fan of the one for the original.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything about the Steam version of the game. I guess I just kinda assumed it would work. In any case, the installer gave me a "unsupported version" error message, but I installed anyway because the M&B launcher was telling me that my version was 1.132. The game crashes after a few minutes of play every time unfortunately. Most of the time it's a generic error, but sometimes it tells me that it ran out of video RAM. Which is strange.

Anyway, here's my specs:

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6 GHz, GeForce 9800 GTX+, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Like I said, I didn't see anything about the Steam version being supported, so if that's my issue, it's all good. Again, great work, gentlemen!

Treebeard said:
Wonderbead said:

In the pre-launch menu when you start WB, go to Configure and then the Video Tab.

In the check boxes section, only have the following checked:
Use pixel shaders.
Force vertical  sync.

In the Rendering Method, select Direct X9

In the textures details go down a bit to 89%. Set max frame rate to your monitors frequency (60).
Use anti-alias = Off

Go also to the Game tab and make sure to set Blood = Off.

Exit the configurator and start the game again.

There is a noticeably long load time at startup but after that it should be loading as normal.

In the in-game Graphics Options:
If you have rag dolls and corpses turned on, lower them to 0.
You can also turn off HDR lighting.

With these settings, there should be less issues graphics wise. You can also comment out the buffer_size lines in game_variables.txt if the above does not help you.

Oo, I didn't refresh the page before my "NEW EDIT". Gonna try this out, thanks!

When I go to install the mod it says I need version 1.132 and that I only have 1.124, but I do actually have 1.132. I will install anyway and see what happens.

Note that I have the steam version of the game.

Galagros said:
When I go to install the mod it says I need version 1.132 and that I only have 1.124, but I do actually have 1.132. I will install anyway and see what happens.

Note that I have the steam version of the game.

Same thing for me. Been like that with the few Warband mods i have tried out, but they all worked as they should :razz:

Addendum to my post above: I downloaded the client from the TaleWorlds website, which seems to be automatically unlocked when I open it. My system probably has my key that Steam gave me in the registry. Anyway, installing PoP didn't give me the error message, but it crashes all the same. Sometimes it gives me an error message related to video memory, and sometimes it doesn't. Usually can't make it past the character creation screen. Changing settings doesn't seem to help. If I turn off "Load textures on demand" the game won't even get past the loading screen.

Anyway, so whatever it was that was affecting my Steam version, seems to be affecting the normal one on my system as well.

Yep, turning off "Load textures on demand" means I only see the title screen, and get another C++ runtime error when I try to load a save.

And after the first runtime error, hell, now I only see a black screen when I try to load a save!

I guess it's pathetic all-low for me for now.:sad:

Wonderbead said:
Yep, turning off "Load textures on demand" means I only see the title screen, and get another C++ runtime error when I try to load a save.

And after the first runtime error, hell, now I only see a black screen when I try to load a save!

What percentage is your Texture Details at?

Treebeard said:
Wonderbead said:

What percentage is your Texture Details at?

Uh, before it was at 89, like you suggested.

Jeez, Warband is highly unstable. Even when I had everything set to low, I still got a runtime error when trying to load a huge number of troops at once(AKA Defenders sally out to meet your assault, one of the best parts of the game IMO)!

OH, and I suppose this isn't "really" a support question... But you rascals changed the Qualis Gem ID, didn't you?  :lol:

a) Who you were fighting : Bandits who where raiding a village (it also happened when I entered Singal and walked around there (no bandits))

b) Number of your troops and of the enemy troops in the siege or battle: Village raid battle, 56 bandits the rest where my own not sure battle size was 150

c) Location of the battle: d'shar village between ishkoman and tulga, but it also happened when I was walking around in Singal

d) Specs of your machine and video card, how much memory, etc.    video card: nvidea, my pc is more than powerfull anough to run pop on full graphics on normal mount and blade and I used to be able to run it on max grafics on warband as wel.

e) Specific details of a non-battle crash, such as taking to a particular type of troop or npc    it happend just when fighting or walking around.

What happened: Everything froze and I saw the last movement of everyone constantly repeated. Tough in some cases the battle continued (i heard the sounds) while only the screen was frozen.

What I tried is: Lowered down lvl per lvl but not sure if it was due time or due the lowest graphic lvl (which is really ugly by the way) that i was able to continue the battle.

If more information about my pc is needed, i'l give it but not in public pls.

ps: i hope i answered detailed enough...

Wonderbead said:
Jeez, Warband is highly unstable. Even when I had everything set to low, I still got a runtime error when trying to load a huge number of troops at once(AKA Defenders sally out to meet your assault, one of the best parts of the game IMO)!
OH, and I suppose this isn't "really" a support question... But you rascals changed the Qualis Gem ID, didn't you?  :lol:

Generally, the lower the texture details the less issues with out of memory error, etc. Try lowering even further (do 10% decrements in the lowering of textures, so try 79% and then 69% etc) and make sure that mainly Corpses and Ragdolls are at 0.

(Unfortunately Warband is not easy to get to work with all hardware combinations.)

Wonderbead said:

He, who meddles with the occult, must be careful!

Why do you think the ID# of a qualis game was the same as in MnB:razz:oP?
The various items are listed in the .py files and result in the itemkinds1.txt. Their ID is just a ongoing number. Adding or Removing anything than on the very end will cause very interesting side effects, as you may have noticed starting into your new and fresh game with a proud dozen rotten cheeses instead of the dyed cabbage you craved for.

Anyways, adding any more items to MnB:razz:oP is a very bad idea. Don´t do it. And replace only items you´re certain noone is missing or using by default. (Much fun finding out).

Treebeard said:
Wonderbead said:

Generally, the lower the texture details the less issues with out of memory error, etc. Try lowering even further (do 10% decrements in the lowering of textures, so try 79% and then 69% etc) and make sure that mainly Corpses and Ragdolls are at 0.

(Unfortunately Warband is not easy to get to work with all hardware combinations.)

Gonna try that now.

noosers said:
Wonderbead said:

He, who meddles with the occult, must be careful!

Why do you think the ID# of a qualis game was the same as in MnB:razz:oP?
The various items are listed in the .py files and result in the itemkinds1.txt. Their ID is just a ongoing number. Adding or Removing anything than on the very end will cause very interesting side effects, as you may have noticed starting into your new and fresh game with a proud dozen rotten cheeses instead of the dyed cabbage you craved for.

Anyways, adding any more items to MnB:razz:oP is a very bad idea. Don´t do it. And replace only items you´re certain noone is missing or using by default. (Much fun finding out).

Huhhhh??? I was trying to get that little script modifier to work(I had like, 5 runed weapons AND the noldor shop open in my non-WB save.) and all I got was a silly shield when I sold items.

EDIT: Chopped the texture limit all the way down to 10%. Hope this fixes things :sad:

So, my problem was in topic PoP Bugz. It's locked so I'll continue here. With this configuration i got crash (don't send) when Setting Data is loading. I dunno whats goin on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom