WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post any bugs here, but please don't put your suggestions, questions or comments here - this thread is strictly for bugs!

Unless you put the following in your bug report, you won't get any help.

a) Who you were fighting
b) Number of your troops and of the enemy troops in the siege or battle
c) Location of the battle
d) Specs of your machine and video card, how much memory, etc.
e) Specific details of a non-battle crash, such as taking to a particular type of troop or npc

Posting specs of your machine and video card are crucially important.

This will help find the problem. Saying "my game crashed" without specific details will not help locate the problem. If you can, keep a save game to send our techies. If you have an older or not very powerful machine, save before battles.  Other issues may arise from ATI video cards, which have always had issues with M&B, but we have tested POP 3 with both ATI and Nvidia.  Treebeard hopes he has dealt with ATI issues in the port - he has ATI and all works without crashing on his machine.

As usual, any bugs caused by tweaks or file modifications made by you will NOT be supported.  We'd advise you leave the files alone, at least until you've played the game at least once, the way we designed it.  Massive amounts of code have been rewritten and many new ones put into PoP, Warband.  Any previous tweaks you used will probably not work, including any of Magelord's or PoP 3 for V 1.011 versions.  Only those mods that we list as included in PoP, Warband were tested by us, so include other mods at your own risk.

Please remember that PoP, Warband like PoP 3 for V 1.011 is a very demanding game in terms of memory, textures, sounds, etc.  You can use Battle Sizer with it, but you may not be able to crank up the numbers of troops per battle as high as you normally do in Native vanilla Warband or another mod.  Griefer, who has very high-powered equipment, has played with no crash problems with Battle Sizer set to 400.  That is as high as the Dev Team tested.  Unless you have top-tier equipment, we suggest you start with Battle Sizer at 150 or below, and gradually inch up your numbers to see how high a number your own machine can handle.

We strongly recommend that you keep multiple saves.

TRY THESE FIXES BEFORE YOU POST!

We are aware that there is a problem for some Steam version users - switch to the CD or download Warband versions.

If you are playing the game in a language other than English and getting Native names for towns, etc. and the Native map, switch your language to English.

Did you try any (or all) of these things:

Did you install the Warband upgrade V 1.134 and then install the PoP 3 patch for V 1.134?

Reduce corpses and ragdolls to a very low number or even 0
Switch from DX9 to DX 7
When you start Warband go to Configure - Video - Check the box which says "Load Textures on Demand"
When you start Warband go to Configure - Advanced - UNcheck the box which says "Force Single Threading"
Reduce Battle Sizer to under 150 per battle if you are using it then gradually inch up the numbers until you hit crash level

When the game loads go to "Options" - Reduce shadow quality to "low" & reduce texture quality to "low" & shader quality to "Medium" & Grass Density to 50% & Realistic shadows on plants to either quick or none & Tree detail to medium

Eliminate unnecessary programs running in the background

Check that your video and audio drivers are up to date

Memory can indeed be an issue - the game's use of your ATI memory, as Treebeard explained in the ATI guide.

This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

If you have not tried any and/or all of the above suggestions, I'd suggest trying some of these solutions.  Many people posting in this thread have had similar issues which were corrected by one or a combination of the above.  Don't dismiss a solution just because you think it has no relation to your problem - it may well have, but you will never find out unless you try a few.

Treebeard's Guide for ATI card problems:

There are two issues currently that players with ATI cards can encounter:
Distorted, Invisible or otherwise malfunctioning textures and texture glitches.

To prevent any such glitches, you should go to the folder where PoP is installed, for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Prophesy of Pendor 3.2
In this folder you’ll see a file named “game_variables.txt” Open this file in Notepad or Wordpad.
It will look like this”

# Initial Buffer_sizes

# Modders may adjust these large enough so that the game will not need to restore

# buffers during the game. However keeping them excessively large will reduce performance in most systems.

#Buffer_sizes (if smaller than 65535, this also represents the maximum vertex count for a corresponding mesh)

new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_static  = 262144

new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_dynamic = 262144

new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_static                    =  32768

new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic    =  32768

new_buffer_size_regular_static          = 131072

new_buffer_size_regular_dynamic        =  65536

new_buffer_size_skinning_static        = 131072

new_buffer_size_skinning_dynamic        =  65536

new_buffer_size_normal_map_static      = 131072

new_buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic      =  65536

new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_static  = 131072

new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_dynamic =  65536

Comment out all New_buffer_size lines by putting a # in front of each line. Afterwards it will look like this:

# Initial Buffer_sizes

# Modders may adjust these large enough so that the game will not need to restore

# buffers during the game. However keeping them excessively large will reduce performance in most systems.

#Buffer_sizes (if smaller than 65535, this also represents the maximum vertex count for a corresponding mesh)

#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_static  = 262144

#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_dynamic = 262144

#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_static                  =  32768

#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic    =  32768

#new_buffer_size_regular_static          = 131072

#new_buffer_size_regular_dynamic        =  65536

#new_buffer_size_skinning_static        = 131072

#new_buffer_size_skinning_dynamic        =  65536

#new_buffer_size_normal_map_static      = 131072

#new_buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic      =  65536

#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_static  = 131072

#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_dynamic =  65536
Save and close the text file. Now you should have less problems with graphics glitches.

If the game hangs at startup, at “Loading Settings Data”.
If this happens you need to go to Configure in the Pre-launch menu and lower the Texture Detail settings:
Start by lowering it to 99% and then try running PoP. If that doesn’t help, then lower the Texture Details to 89%.

UPDATE: If nothing else helps, try downloading and installing older driver versions of Catalyst. Version 10.3 is recommended for the ATI 5000 series, but you may have to go back even more (for example to 9.9 drivers) for older version of the ATI card (like the 4000 series).

If you still have problems AFTER trying some of these solutions, and after reading Treebeard's sticky about ATI problems, if you have an ATI card, please post your machine's specs, video card specs, etc.  Just saying "my game crashed" is quite pointless as nobody knows why without further information. 

MFW no music -  :cry:

MFW graphics are unstable -  :???:

So yeah, I'm not hearing any ambient music or PoP specific tracks at all in the port.

The graphics issue is probably because of my ATI card, but I've tried the tweak listed for that to no avail. Is there another work around for that? It specifically hits whenever I enter a tavern or when I look at certain armor, like on brigands so far and in the Empire merchant tabs.

Did you try saving and restarting to get the music going? I've had that happen before when first trying a mod - original music doesn't play 1st time around.

The graphics issue is fixed by updating your drivers to latest, atleast that worked for me, and also to run it on all high  :razz:

Rojiru said:
The graphics issue is probably because of my ATI card, but I've tried the tweak listed for that to no avail. Is there another work around for that? It specifically hits whenever I enter a tavern or when I look at certain armor, like on brigands so far and in the Empire merchant tabs.

Froggy is correct. The music won't always play on the first startup but will play if you exit and start again.

Please specify drivers and model of your graphics card. Also please specify amount of RAM and Operation system.
Also please specify your Video settings in the Configure menu that is in the pre-launch menu (when you start WB).

Ok i was just playing like i usually do and killed some rogue knights, spanked their behind pretty bad, they dont know who they are messing with :wink:

ok here is the thing,i suddenly got random skills on my char, i had 5 in trade when i last checked and now i have 10, no1 has surgery in my party and it still says i got 4(+1) me on my char all random skill sprouting out from nowhere, now i suddenly got 5 in pathfinding when i had 3 i know its a good bug but cmon, i dont wanna exploit this :<

and this was when i noticed i got lvl from killing the knights and huscarls. so i went in there to do stuff and waam!

Treebeard said:
Rojiru said:

Froggy is correct. The music won't always play on the first startup but will play if you exit and start again.

Please specify drivers and model of your graphics card. Also please specify amount of RAM and Operation system.
Also please specify your Video settings in the Configure menu that is in the pre-launch menu (when you start WB).

Looks like I have an out of date driver (as of last month's update) for my 4850 HD card. Windows XP. Video settings at highest, no FPS issues. Did reduce textures to 99 as suggested.

Will download new driver and post results.

Gah i keep getting increased skills what is this, i dont want this, i wanna play like normal :< feels like i'm cheating or somethin, please help now some of my skills jumped to skill 9(+4) and i suddenly got 10 trade and spotting (+4) gawd

Edit: I just removed some of my troops from my party because they were to expensive, and suddenly my magical surgery skill got removed o_O looks like some of the troops are leaking out thier skills to me, as if i were like lvl 40 or somethin with all skills

Another Edit: Upgraded some of my troops, my spotting jumped up to 10(4) again, and my surgery jumped up to 2(+1) also i got 2 extra engineering so now i got 8(+2) i got all these skills on my char and not somewhere else, its like i have int 30 and cha 30 :< and i'm not even lvl 10 yet

last Edit: Yepp its all clear now, my troops seem to be leaking their skills to me somehow, when i delete or upgrade curtain troops my skills change, on my char that is, quite odd if you ask me its like my troops are giving me all these books that boost my stats all over the place :razz:.

Only played a couple of minutes, and I'm sure yall are well aware of it, but there is stretching on the east and south side of the map and the sky border on the north and west.

Everytime i try to start Warband, when it's close to finish the texture loading, i get this error: get_object failed for body: bo_bushes07_a
Tried updating everything i got, checked my Warband version, but still don't work. im by no menas good at this stuff, so any advice on what to do would be welcome, so i can play :razz: Im using Vista and got NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, if that helps :smile:

Edit: A few extra stuff about my com: Memory is 4GB MB ram, Processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.50GHz.
No save games since i haven't made it past loading Textures :razz: Game settings... tried to change it to alot of different settings, to see if any of it would help, but no luck.

Rojiru: The music not playing on every startup has been a problem with Native M&B as long as I've played it and the same problem has carried over to Warband.  You need only exit and restart the game and the music will generally play.  If that does not work for you open module.ini and add this line in red below these two:
scan_module_textures = 1
scan_module_sounds = 1
scan_module_music = 1
That generally does the trick.

There are known ATI issues, but Treebeard has a thread about that.  His ATI fixes worked for him and he has an ATI card.  Native M&B has, at least since V .960, if not before,  had problems with ATI cards and drivers - when I had an ATI card, I had them, too with V .960 and V 1.011.

I am currently playing with older NVidia drivers, because my updated ones caused problems.  We've been testing for months on a variety of high to low level systems, a variety of video cards and a variety of OS's.  The game (and all its graphics) has been perfectly stable on all the Dev Team's machines for months.  If you'd care to post your machine's specs, what your game settings are and a link to an uploaded save game, perhaps Treebeard can help you with your problem.

Seether said:
Bug: Dark Byrnie texture is 'glossy'

Same with Dark Strapped Studded Leather... looks like armors that share that same 'dark' texture all have a glossy appearance.

Editted some more info about my com, so there is a bit more info to go after... if you need any other information to help me, just let me know :wink:

Seether - that is Warband, not PoP.  We fixed a ton of the PoP armor, but then lost our last texturer to RL responsibilities and could not finish.  Warband made tons of our PoP armor look like the devil and Gerhart spent months trying to fix it all, but had to stop and deal with real life.  If there are any texturers amongst PoP's fans, we could really use some help in that area.

Hi, I'm getting no music at all in the game - have restarted the game several times and have no idea what to do. I've had this in other modules and it has always fixed itself after exiting and restarting. Any insight?

Try this: Exit the game

Open module.ini

Where it says this, add the line in red:

scan_module_textures = 1
scan_module_sounds = 1
scan_module_music = 1

Restart the game.  If the music does not play, exit and restart the game a second time.  This almost always works with the M&B music bug. 

Can someone fix my bug also? i keep getting these random skills all out of the blue, i'm lvl 9 now and i have 10+4 looting 10+4 trade 9+3 leadership 10+4 spotting 8+3pathfinding 8+3 engineering 6+2 tactics 5 persuasion 10 inventory management, and so on and so on, only the party and leader skills, not the personal ones like riding flesh and power

it feels like i'm cheating and i dont like it :< i hate cheating on PoP and i would like this fixed, it started of as slow and all i noticed some random skills get a increase when i hired troops or upgraded troops or when i got a new companion and when i keep upgrading them i keep getting new lvls on my skills and i just cant stop it, even if i delete my whole party i seem to still have the skills on my char, so i really dont know what to do here so please help me : P

@ZirzoR - It is being looked into on the Dev Forum as you write.  I'm afraid instant service is not available for fixing every bug reported the first second you post it.  The Dev Team have jobs, families, responsibilities and silly things like that which sometimes interfere with our modding.  Tracking down a bug of the sort you describe can be a very time-consuming process. 

Edit: You need not post the same bug more than once, we're monitoring this thread regularly - that's why it is here.  Don't worry, you won't get a Cheater's Award for your problem. 

Well, the alps span 8 european countries and roughly 1200km. So it´s pretty safe to say "I´m currently living in the alps" as it could be anywhere from the Mount Blanc to Austria.

Alas, this is teh internetz. You can´t be paranoid enough. Drat those satellites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom