SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

The stamina needs to be longer to recharge, and if it does go down to zero, you should either take dmg and could get knocked unconscious or just get knocked unconscious if you use a high power weave, like balefire.

With out any Aes Sedai to help out, I'm of the opinion that Aginor could destroy every warder in the White Tower at once.  This is assuming he knows where they are and when they are coming.  If you throw them all in the colliseum and say, FIGHT, the warders are doomed.  Aginor is easily strong enough to surround his entire body with a wall of air that will stop any physical attack, and have enough left over to start roasting warders.  (just my opinion)

However, that said, he's a bit of an intellectual, and I'm guessing based on how he performs (in this body or the next) in real battle situations, that he would end up dropping his guard and getting killed.  Substitute with Demandred, and I know all the warders are doomed.

mat2rivs said:

OMG can't wait for it!

And I agree with NicciKay about stamina. It would be more balanced if you take damage every time you try to channel and you are out/low on stamina. But I wonder if it's possible to make the AI recognise this.

draco222 said:
Hmm... I was wondering, fighting the Seanchan right now is impossible as they group in armies of 800+, so how am I supposed to defeat them?

I found them to be quite easy to defeat if you have good archers or channelers. The only real problem are the Seanchan channelers. :razz:
Nothing that balefire can't handle though.  :cool:

Hey Mat,

Glad to see it's almost time for next release.

I thought player characters could no longer be compulsed (I'm running 0.2.5) as of some patch before.
Yet it seems every other battle against Seanchan with damane or Shadowspawn with dreadlords, I fall to compulsion and suddenly switch sides in battle.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Oh, and does anyone know where I can find and read/edit what channelers do what weaves?
Haven't used wise ones yet but so far as I can tell:

Yellows: Healing
Reds: Shields, some fireballs,
Greens: Fireballs, Earth Strikes
Dreadlords: Balefire, Seekers
Ashaman: Fireballs, Seekers

I don't have enough of the other channelers to pay close attention to what they are doing.

Darchseraph said:
Oh, and does anyone know where I can find and read/edit what channelers do what weaves?

I don't have enough of the other channelers to pay close attention to what they are doing.

You can add Compulsion to Dreadlords  :grin: ....Can anyone tell me which units use the Bound weave the most?

Elan§Morin§Tedornai said:
Darchseraph said:

You can add Compulsion to Dreadlords  :grin: ....Can anyone tell me which units use the Bound weave the most?

I think I've seen Ashaman using it a lot. I'm not sure though. Haven't been playing this mod for quite a while.

A lot of the less agressive Ajahs of Aes Sedai use 'Bind'.  Such as Greys, Whites, and Browns.  (That's from memory though.)

I should be able to get the update out after work today!  :smile:

mat2rivs said:
A lot of the less agressive Ajahs of Aes Sedai use 'Bind'.  Such as Greys, Whites, and Browns.  (That's from memory though.)

I should be able to get the update out after work today!  :smile:

Damn thats the best new I've received all day.

a thing what i had been laughing at some points was galad damodred burning villages, killing peasants and joining the shadow spawn :grin:
and channeling does'nt need nerfing cuz what do you dont like you can just be not using that aspect

late the great said:
a thing what i had been laughing at some points was galad damodred burning villages, killing peasants and joining the shadow spawn :grin:

lol I've seen stuff like this happen and I would suggest that, for future releases, this defection thing is removed or edited so we don't see any of these wierd things anymore. If it's possible, edit the factions related files so the characters will remain in their respective factions. Then (if its also possible) if there's any characters in the books that defects to another faction, they will do it and they will stay there until the end of the events in the mod.

And no, I have absolutly no idea how to do this, so I might be saying stupid things in this post.  :neutral:

Lord Cavalcante said:
late the great said:

lol I've seen stuff like this happen and I would suggest that, for future releases, this defection thing is removed or edited so we don't see any of these wierd things anymore. If it's possible, edit the factions related files so the characters will remain in their respective factions. Then (if its also possible) if there's any characters in the books that defects to another faction, they will do it and they will stay there until the end of the events in the mod.

And no, I have absolutly no idea how to do this, so I might be saying stupid things in this post.  :neutral:
I'll need to search for the Native code that's causing the 'auto' defects.  I'm sure they happen because of low disposition between the lord and the faction leader or something like that, but I agree it is a little strange.  I don't think it will be possible to keep Galad from raiding villages though.

...0...            Released!

Link to Repository:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3001

PS: The download may get updated in the next day or two.  I finished up a few of the strings for Vaerraent as I wasn't able to contact him after I got home from work.  (He's 6 hrs ahead of me.)  If he sends me his finished backstory (which is pretty much guaranteed to be better than mine) I'll add it.  The changes will be minor, (and save game compatible as far as I know) so don't worry about starting your characters now.

Back
Top Bottom