<<<<< DOWNLOAD >>>>>> -Main Topic- +POLL

PLEASE ANSWER: What did you like more in 1755 Old Frontier? (thx to all of you!!!)

• The flora and panoramas, forests, rivers

Votes: 232 11.5%
  • The sounds of people and battles

Votes: 234 11.6%
  • The music

Votes: 148 7.3%
  • The indians

Votes: 342 16.9%
  • The european troops

Votes: 801 39.7%
  • I cannot decide. I love all that mix!

Votes: 699 34.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
poomtang said:
Hey Auldman.

Thanks for the link for the 17th dragoons, if you are now going to help us as a researcher, maybe you could find some plans or drawings for cannon from the mid 1700's, as I need to re-model the one's I have. I'd need info on both British and French types, 12 pounders to 6 pounders, plus limbers. Hope you can help.
OOOH, CIAO CHRIS, DID YOU RECEIVE MY ANSWERS? AND PM?

GABRILDURO said:
I love this mod Gabrilduro and I want to help as much as possible and test it and offer suggestions. I like this period in history (got a college degree in that and in library science so my forte is research) so I want and hope to see you succeed. I wish I knew how to model cause I'd really get a kick out of trying to help. Does one need an artistic knack for that ( I can't draw to save my life!)? Maybe I'll check out the vids on it and html isn't a specialty either! Oh dear! Anyway you are on the right track and the mod is a ton of fun to play already!
Mmmmh, maybe you could help us a lot, actually. It just takes time and patience....but I think you could be the best person to do that....
How about going through the speeches and words, still medieval, that need to be changed?? You need no skills for that!!
let me know and after that you can start modding some little things.
You just need 3 things to help me:
-45 minutes a day or 3/4 hours in weekends
-passion for 1755
-patience (a lot!!! he he he)

....AND, FOR YOU ALL, I WILL UPDATE 1755 V. 2.2 IN 2/3 MORE DAYS!!!!!
[/quote]

I'll do it! I've got loads of time on weekends. I'll start a new game and start checking the medieval language. I'll first try and update the oaths one takes. I'll get working on it! Thank you!

poomtang said:
Hey Auldman.

Thanks for the link for the 17th dragoons, if you are now going to help us as a researcher, maybe you could find some plans or drawings for cannon from the mid 1700's, as I need to re-model the one's I have. I'd need info on both British and French types, 12 pounders to 6 pounders, plus limbers. Hope you can help.

You got it! I'll get started looking into that right away!

Happy too see you so....loaded, Auld!! I am serious.
About medieval text, start having a look at things, but wait for our next release, cause we changed some words and towns names already, ok?
Welcome in the group of helpers, friend!!!
Ciao Gab
ps......remember to be patient, also. My team thinks I am not always that LOVELY leader that I could be!!! he he he :grin:

GABRILDURO said:
About medieval text, start having a look at things, but wait for our next release, cause we changed some words and towns names already, ok?
Ciao Gab
ps......remember to be patient, also. My team thinks I am not always that LOVELY leader that I could be!!! he he he :grin:

Ok I'll have a look when the next release is out  :grin: No worries about patience. It will take some time and that is proper to get it right. I am already trying to get French cannon images together for Poomtang and that appears it will take some work although I've sent him some things already to take a look at. Glad to be aboard and I'll do my best.

Here's a quick screenshot of my British grenadiers, still need some polish to finish them, but should be good to go within a day or two, they need just a little finishing off.

http://cid-e215c7d807e6779c.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/New%20album10

GABRILDURO said:
Ciao Gab
hihihihihi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: he will send a Huron Indian to your house  :razz:
poomtang said:
Here's a quick screenshot of my British grenadiers, still need some polish to finish them, but should be good to go within a day or two, they need just a little finishing off.

wow..beautiful..poomtang..always beautiful.. :cool:
this grenadier for 1755 frontier or for 1776 american revolution or both??  :eek:
very detailed too :wink:

Alan the Grenadiers are based on the uniform of the 5th (Northumberland Foot) I live in Northumberland that's why I made them. Anyway, the uniform is from the regulations of the Royal Clothing Warrant of King George c 1768, they are a bit late for 1755 although, the grenadier cap is correct for the time frame, I could stretch the cuffs and alter the tailcoats, but the current model in game is fine.

By the way, I just downloaded the latest FormAI mod, which allows formations like line and square, wedge and shield wall, as soon as I finish these properly, I'd like to get them in line with a hundred plus soldiers and do some volley fire, I think it would be good to incorporate FormAI into the mod, maybe we could ask permission to include it.

poomtang said:
Alan the Grenadiers are based on the uniform of the 5th (Northumberland Foot) I live in Northumberland that's why I made them. Anyway, the uniform is from the regulations of the Royal Clothing Warrant of King George c 1768, they are a bit late for 1755 although, the grenadier cap is correct for the time frame, I could stretch the cuffs and alter the tailcoats, but the current model in game is fine.

By the way, I just downloaded the latest FormAI mod, which allows formations like line and square, wedge and shield wall, as soon as I finish these properly, I'd like to get them in line with a hundred plus soldiers and do some volley fire, I think it would be good to incorporate FormAI into the mod, maybe we could ask permission to include it.
ohh yess yess i see..hihi :grin: fyuu~ fyuu~ i like that grenadier cap but i always join with france in game hihihihi... :mrgreen:
yes the grenadier model is fine and great too..i like it,,  i mean the old model in AoFi mod that we use for 1755 frontier..the cuffs is small :sad:

wooww it's awsome if can allows formation..like in the empire total war.. :eek: but we don't have a crouching animation in this mod :sad:
thank you very much for making this awsome cavalry and the grenadier too.. :wink:

First of all, your mod is awesome and the atmosphere is fantastic, but I have two questions which can be seen as suggestions.

1. Is there any chance to see the same great musket smoke effects like in "Age of False Innocence" ?

2. Are you able to fix the wrong lining up issue with the muskets when aiming ?

The mod team of AoFI made an excellent job on those issues and It looks quite realistic. Would fit into your mod like a hand into a glove.

Still working on this particular model of a rebel colonist c1776, haven't got round to making accoutrements for him, as he's using the British backpack, haversack belts, bayonette, etc.

poomtang said:
Still working on this particular model of a rebel colonist c1776, haven't got round to making accoutrements for him, as he's using the British backpack, haversack belts, bayonette, etc.

wow..It's awsome..greaaatt continental army..you're great modeller poomtang :eek:
models look slim now, cool uniform and texture, I like the backpack, and the cartidge box, very historical, it's great.
i like this..CoooooL  :wink:
mbwarband20110114171110.jpg

Loving the new models Poomtag. You are indeed a good modellor. I am loving the Grenadiers especially. I like the 5th (Northcumberland Foot). One of my many favourite regiments during the era XD

poomtang said:
They are all, and I mean ALL very, very good. Actually, I've never seen anything like that, if I remember well, in all M&B muskets period mods.
You are probably working on them night and day, though, since you are not even answering to my posts and mails anymore :???:

poomtang said:

I am absolutly impressed. Excellent job !

Hey Gabi, these models are for your mod, keep your chin up, and get v2.2 released, Its hard work I know and very time consuming, don't forget its very much appreciated what you are doing. When these are polished up enough, I'll send them to the whole team. But don't forget my editable copy, at the moment I'm working on a video for the mod, just need to find out how to get some working flags ingame that wave in the wind and we'll have some British grenadiers and American colonists slugging it out with some serious volley fire.

poomtang said:
Hey Gabi, these models are for your mod, keep your chin up, and get v2.2 released, Its hard work I know and very time consuming, don't forget its very much appreciated what you are doing. When these are polished up enough, I'll send them to the whole team. But don't forget my editable copy, OK
at the moment I'm working on a video for the mod, just need to find out how to get some working flags ingame that wave in the wind and we'll have some British grenadiers and American colonists slugging it out with some serious volley fire.
OOOH, I D LOVE A GOOD ONE, BUT PLS DON T FORGET NATIVES, FOR TWO REASONS:
1 OUR INDIANS ARE JUST AWSOME IN V-2.2, THX TO CRUMBS
2 REDSKINS WERE THE REAL AMERICANS, FOUGHT AND DIED FOR EUROPEANS WARS,PLAYING A GREAT ROLE IN THEM.
-STILL DIDN T GET AN ANSWER FROM YOU ABOUT THE HAIR STYLE AND NAME OF ENGLISH NEW AWSOME DRAGOON. (only very short hair fit in the helmet, no "pony tail". Or should I go for bold?
Ciao and really BRAVO, Chris.
ps: .....here is the REAL GABRILDURO!
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9224/immag0691.jpg
He is my son GABRIELE and DURO means tough, hard.
We used to play M&B together (...before I got a modder :cry: ) and since I made his energy very high with cheats, he was very "DURO" in game, so called himself GABRILDURO.
....well, my poor child, doesn t look very DURO now, with an allergenic syndrom going on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom