how to equip companions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone12

Recruit
hi,

ive read that in order to take prisoners i need to equip my party with blunt weapons but i cant find any way to equip my party with armor and weapons.  how it is done?

ive been told it can be done in the vanilla game by talking to the companions but i dont see any equipment dialogue options.

what am i doin wrong?

Give your companions clubs, blunt tip lances or other blunt weapons as secondary weapons, not their primary ones, and when you want them to use them, issue the order "Only use blunt weapons."  It works the same in PoP 3 as in Vanilla Native V 1.011.  The first weapon you give them is the one they will use in melee if not ordered otherwise - if you are planning to try to take a lot of prisoners, you may wish to manually switch their blunt weapons to the first slot, but don't forget to change them back when you're done!  Those members of your party not equipped with a blunt weapon will use their fists only, if you give the blunt weapon order.

Edit: If you are new to playing Mount & Blade, you may wish to do some reading about how the game works in general in the Apprentice Guild - commands and game options are explained there.  We didn't put things which are standard to Vanilla Native in the FAQ, but some things in POP work differently from Native, so you may wish also to have a look at our FAQ.

So equip your companions, works like in Vanilla: Open party screen, click on the companion you want to change equipment on, and press Talk. Remember you can ONLY do this to your COMPANIONS, and not your normal troops :wink: To me, it sounds like you are trying to equip normal troops.

yep thats exatly the mistake ive been makin. :roll:

so how do i get companions, are they recruited in taverns?

Companion vary widely in skills, stats, levels, personality, like and dislike behaviour and have different background stories. There are free ones and ones you´ll have to give up to 8k denarii to join you.

Take the time to read their background stories and you´ll realize which kind of personality they have and with whom they may or may not work together. Don´t forget to look upstairs as well in crowded taverns.

Seems you´re pretty new to MnB.

You should read this carefully first, then continue with the stickified threads here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,41.0.html

After you've read all about how to play M&B, be sure to read the PoP 3 FAQ, because we changed many things from Vanilla Native M&B V 1.011.  You should also update M&B V 1.011 on Taleworld's home page - they put out an update/patch some time ago, but did not say anything about it, so a lot of people didn't know about it.  You must have this update installed to play PoP 3x.

Locking this topic now, since the question has been fully answered for future questioners as well as for the first poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom